Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Truth. Picked up my Honeybaked Ham yesterday but I also got their Honeybaked Smoked Turkey, Sweet Potato Souffle and Loaded Mashed Potatoes.....had a fat turkey sammich for dinner last night and their turkey is almost as good as their ham.

Now I get to play video games with my son all day until about an hour before my wife gets off work at World Golf. Then I just have to heat everything up, make the stuffing, gravy, macaroni for kids and my jalapeno deviled eggs. Easiest T-day cooking and cleanup ever.

Wishing everyone a happy Thanksgiving and when this Covid crap is over, the 88 fam and Gainesvol fam should get together on a gameday.
Definitely man. Maybe even start a podcast for VN. Don't think anyone has tried it before.

You seem certain that Freeze can’t learn from mistakes and turn his life around. Also, what he’s doing at Liberty is unmistakable. Taking a lot less and doing more with it. That’s what we need.
My glass house has no more windows from the stones I’ve thrown. Must be nice for folks who have never dealt with issues. Hoping Freeze has grown regardless of whether we hire him

Assuming we have competent QB, I will say we go 3-5 in SEC play. Vandy, KY, SC are wins. Pickett is a Sr. So assume Pitt has a new QB. 4-0 OOC. Pruitt needs to finish 7-5.

If it plays out that way lane vs bama Jeremy becomes a huge game. I’d be shocked if 7-5 got him fired but it might after this season. The ole miss game might get us to 8-4

Assuming we have competent QB, I will say we go 3-5 in SEC play. Vandy, KY, SC are wins. Pickett is a Sr. So assume Pitt has a new QB. 4-0 OOC. Pruitt needs to finish 7-5.
Narduzzi has them playing great D though. They lead the nation in sacks and tackles for loss. I think they are right at the top in total and turnovers too.

I’m not sure I see a single player I think has improved since our final game last year.

Eric Gray was already beginning to show at that time. Henry T was excellent last year and remains that way, but I don’t know that he has improved that much.

Development is literally at 0, IMO
I take it a step further and say we've regressed. Henry T has been good against the run, but not the pass. Still blows my mind how we have no pass rush.

Pontoons are for relaxing on the water. Those two big a$$ outboard motors will pull 10 skier's easily. How fast do you go with those bad boys?
trying to ski behind a pontoon is akin to trottingn JG out there. Skiing was meant to be dine behind an inboard motor.

Now, fly fishing off a Mastercraft. THAT is an artform.

So if we believe Freeze has matured and grown as a coach and person, how can we not believe the same thing of Sark? Remove your bumbling Falcons fanboy viewpoints. Even Saban and Spurier failed in the NFL and they had total control. Sark was just an OC doing a job to rebuild his career and learn.

Both Freeze and Sark had falls from grace after being successful in the younger days of their careers. Both did the work, matured and are better for it now. Both are brilliant offensive minds. Both have SEC and HC experience. So many on here would take Kiffin back in a heartbeat and wish he had never left. Kiffin says Sark is his equal from an offense standpoint and that he will be a HC soon. He's already turned down Colorado last year to wait on a better opportunity.

Maybe OC is his Peter Principle top spot. Odds are it is not, just like being at Liberty is not Freeze's. There are no clean major options for UT that do not involve a wannabe or a redemption story. They will not blow open the piggy bank to make it happen. So, I'm all in on Freeze or Sark. Either could grow into a NC type coach IMO. I don't see Campbell coming. He would be a good hire, but I see him going B10 or NFL. If we go wannabe, I prefer Napier or Chadwell.
Biggest concern is failed head coach experience. How much is do to his alcoholism, which I don’t know where he currently is, I don’t know.

This is a high risk/reward

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back