Why don't Tennessee just play smash mouth football their last three games?

We play smash mouth football we kill the clock and lose 20-10 instead of 42 -17 . Bottom line is we have gained nothing except keeping JG as our starter and Pruitt as our coach.
I'll pass.

Alex give me " Coaches who lost by double digits for $1000.00 please".

I have a gameplan Jeremy should try. One of you insiders needs to get this to him.

1. Put all your best football players on the field for most of the game.
2. Don’t make any mistakes. Make sure to tell the players about this.
3. Score a lot of points.
4. Don’t let the other team score as many points as the amount mentioned in step 3.
5. Don’t miss any tackles. Every play should result in a tackle for loss.
6. Score touchdowns instead of punting.
7. Try really hard.
8. Don’t let the other team tackle our ball carrier.
9. Put on more steam. This cannot be stressed enough.
10. When you have one metaphorical brick laid, lay another adjacent or atop of the previously mentioned brick.
11. Buy an orange dog. Let it do things.

Last edited:
What are we running?

Notre Dame Box? Single wing? Veer? Triple option? Wing T? Zone blocking? Wishbone? Spread option? Go heavy with 3 TE and a fullback that we don't have on the team?
Wing T. The answers to all our problems are in Darrell Royal Talks Football. I know a guy whose Pop Warner team went undefeated using it :p

Reactions: JonGrudensAgent
That 5 game losing streak is not worse than going 0-8 in conference play.......
5 consecutive losses by double digits and prolly get to 7. This is the first time this has happened ever in school history. So yea I do think this constitutes worse season in school history.

It can be done. They can come bust them in the mouth and win their remaining games. That would give them a 5-5 record. They can be more physical than their remaining opponents and win out.
Must have bumped your noggin

They can but it won't be enough to beat A&M and UF. Vandy sure.

Only shooting stars break the mold

Well Johnny was a schoolboy
When he heard his first Beatles song
'Love Me Do' I think it was
From then it didn't take him long
Got himself a guitar
Used to play every night
Now he's in a rock 'n' roll outfit
And everything's alright

It can be done. They can come bust them in the mouth and win their remaining games. That would give them a 5-5 record. They can be more physical than their remaining opponents and win out.
Nice OP, I like it! I like it so much I wrote a song about it . Like to hear it ? Here it go...

Hey now, you're an all star
Get your game on, go play
Hey now, you're a rock star
Get the show on, get paid
And all that glitters is gold
Only shooting stars break the mold

Tennessee isn’t going to beat Florida, but they can physically beat up Florida. Run 2 TEs with 2 extra OLs as TE and beat them up. We gotta get back to physical football

Boy, now that's one heck of a consolation prize. Can't wait to experience how good that'll feel Sunday after that 47-17 blowout.

I have a gameplan Jeremy should try. One of you insiders needs to get this to him.

1. Put all your best football players on the field for most of the game.
2. Don’t make any mistakes. Make sure to tell the players about this.
3. Score a lot of points.
4. Don’t let the other team score as many points as the amount mentioned in step 3.
5. Don’t miss any tackles. Every play should result in a tackle for loss.
6. Score touchdowns instead of punting.
7. Try really hard.
8. Don’t let the other team tackle our ball carrier.
9. Put on more steam. This cannot be stressed enough.
10. When you have one metaphorical brick laid, lay another adjacent or atop of the previously mentioned brick.
11. Buy an orange dog. Let it do things.

@Noggin
I think you’re on to something really big here...,

Reactions: Tombo7
I think you’re on to something really big here...,
They should hire me as coach. I’ll do it for $200,000 a year and free chick fil a at the on campus store. Sure, Tennessee will have a losing record, but think of all the money they’ll save and the press conferences would be fun.

Reactions: Carl Pickens
They should hire me as coach. I’ll do it for $200,000 a year and free chick fil a at the on campus store. Sure, Tennessee will have a losing record, but think of all the money they’ll save and the press conferences would be fun.
I’m available as OC. I like to score more points than the other team

Reactions: The Ron Mexico
And... this is part of why it isn't working for Pruitt. He's trying to turn the clock back 15 years when you could play dominant defense and run the ball for championships. The game has evolved. If you don't have a playmaker at QB and cannot put lots of points on the board... you aren't playing for championships. Even Saban recognizes it now.

It isn't hard to see why Pruitt was Fulmer's choice. Neither shows the ability to adapt and evolve with the game.

Reactions: preacherwebb
Why doesn't Tennessee play smash mouth football their last three games ... because the defenses (ie HC and DC) will adjust and we will get smashed in the mouth in the second half, just like we have the last five games.

What are we running?

Notre Dame Box? Single wing? Veer? Triple option? Wing T? Zone blocking? Wishbone? Spread option? Go heavy with 3 TE and a fullback that we don't have on the team?
We should run Amos Alonzo Stagg’s 1896 version of the short punt formation.

5 consecutive losses by double digits and prolly get to 7. This is the first time this has happened ever in school history. So yea I do think this constitutes worse season in school history.

Literally going winless in SEC play is not better than what we are dealing with in the current season that will forever have an asterisk by it.

VN Store

Back