Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vandy could have played us this weekend. We just have some in quarantine and aren’t confident we’d win. SEC probably proposed it and we jumped at the chance to postpone...
73121206.jpg

Reactions: KPT_VFL
If I understand some posts I've read on this site, Pruitt (if fired) would receive his full
buyout whether or not he took another job at a good salary.
If this is true, he could take a high paying job with another institution and basically give
himself a couple of million dollar raise. Might be why he is acting like an ahole,.

Reactions: Devo182
If I understand some posts I've read on this site, Pruitt (if fired) would receive his full
buyout whether or not he took another job at a good salary.
If this is true, he could take a high paying job with another institution and basically give
himself a couple of million dollar raise. Might be why he is acting like an ahole,.

Yep this isn’t about quitting, could be about getting paid. Go back to a less stressful job and cash the UT coaching lottery check we give out.

One thing that doesn’t add up about the sec claiming this was done to get the 10 games in is that Vandy nor mizzu plays the weekend of the 12th.

i’m not buying this was an orchestrated scheme by fulmer but this fact makes one go hmmm

edit: that may be incorrect I am only seeing 9 games on mizzu schedule. Confusing

There were a couple of things at play. Arkansas has positive tests, and there was a chance the Arkansas-Missouri game wasn’t being played. Missouri technically could still win the east, so they have to play a game.

Vandy and UT can’t win the east, so you can play that game late, even on the title weekend. Any teams that can’t win the division can always be moved back.

I know people love a good conspiracy, but there were legitimate reasons why the conference needed to move games.

I just say that considering the tone around him from the national media and the fact that South Carolina wouldn’t even give him a call.

His toxicity is going to be too off-putting for our administration. Just my two cents.
Sc didn’t call him? Sure they did. He told them he wants the UT job per USC247.

Vandy could have played us this weekend. We just have some in quarantine and aren’t confident we’d win. SEC probably proposed it and we jumped at the chance to postpone...

If mizz ends up not playing the 12th perhaps that is true.

if they play that day then I ain’t buying it

I just say that considering the tone around him from the national media and the fact that South Carolina wouldn’t even give him a call.

His toxicity is going to be too off-putting for our administration. Just my two cents.
Freeze is using TN to his own gain right now. he's gonna get a job....a very well paying job....and we still aren't gonna get a coach any better than what we have, or have had.

all the smoke about Freeze is just that....create demand for something that there's no demand for (in reality).....

and from the sound of it, a crap load of TN Fans are gonna be left holding the bag when we either just keep Pruitt or fire him and hire someone completely "un-hugh freeze".....

and when TN doesn't hire Hugh Freeze and he winds up somewhere else and wins his first big game no one will remember that we avoided the toxicity he would bring....that narrative will then be "and to think Hugh Freeze was practically begginf for that job, can't believe TN missed out again".

either way, hugh freeze (and Jimmy Sexton) wins...

and we lose....

happy thanksgiving.
giphy-downsized-medium.gif

Only thing worse than talk of Tee being head coach is people thinking Peyton should be head coach... awful

I have certainly talked about Tee being head coach. I don't see how either is bad tbh. Of course both of those are awful head coach candidates but are they worse than Pruitt? Doubtful. At least they love the University, Pruitt's heart lays in Alabama and it has since day 1.

Freeze is using TN to his own gain right now. he's gonna get a job....a very well paying job....and we still aren't gonna get a coach any better than what we have, or have had.

all the smoke about Freeze is just that....create demand for something that there's no demand for (in reality).....

and from the sound of it, a crap load of TN Fans are gonna be left holding the bag when we either just keep Pruitt or fire him and hire someone completely "un-hugh freeze".....

and when TN doesn't hire Hugh Freeze and he winds up somewhere else and wins his first big game no one will remember that we avoided the toxicity he would bring....that narrative will then be "and to think Hugh Freeze was practically begginf for that job, can't believe TN missed out again".

either way, hugh freeze (and Jimmy Sexton) wins...

and we lose....

happy thanksgiving.
giphy-downsized-medium.gif

Sc didn’t call him? Sure they did. He told them he wants the UT job per USC247.
Here’s my take on that, you’re free to disagree:

Freeze is using Tennessee and it’s large fanbase to keep his name in circulation. Doesn’t mean he also wouldn’t really want the job if it became available - just that he knows he’s probably not going to get it.

He’s trying to get more money in the meantime from Liberty (mission accomplished) and to be able to say “nah, I’m not mad South Carolina didn’t call, I want Tennessee.”

I would like to see the direct quote from the 247 Mod again.

My prediction is he’ll do this for every job that comes up, because he’s getting calls from none of them, but obviously we’ll see.

This is Gruden and Gundy all over again.

Reactions: tnktm and jakez4ut
It’s amazing how many people are in saving face/throw in the towel mode. We are an embarrassment. When the “best” thing for your football program is to have the games cancelled it’s beyond time for a change. There is no sense of pride. We are finally in the phase of accepting doormat status in the SEC and College Football.

The only thing I'm accepting is that I don't have the power to make decisions for the University of Tennessee. I don't run UT, and my endowment doesn't entitle me to fire coaches or tell Randy Boyd how to do his job. Blowouts to top 10 teams looking for a statement win to land a playoff spot aren't going to "prove" or change anything.

Games with non-playoff implications are likely to be cancelled as the conferences try to finish the season as safely as possible. Even bball is in jeopardy. Players and families have health and safety concerns. Now, you have a nice Thanksgiving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back