Can we acknowledge a bad coaching hire may have been made?

HoopCreekVol

While no one really wants to have a man lose his good paying job, it's obvious that on the sidelines and the on-the-field productivity is lacking. What corporation do you know of would allow for such excuses? I just cannot stomach the fact that a head coach says there are not better QBs on the bench. I have such a hard time wrapping my head around that one. Why didn't you find those who would ready to start at any time? All these lower tier programs seem to find these dazzling quarterbacks from somewhere...just look at what they do on ESPN.

All announcers seem to say about JG is how bad he is and the tough time he has had. So, so embarrassing.

While no one really wants to have a man lose his good paying job, it's obvious that on the sidelines and the on-the-field productivity is lacking. What corporation do you know of would allow for such excuses? I just cannot stomach the fact that a head coach says there are not better QBs on the bench. I have such a hard time wrapping my head around that one. Why didn't you find those who would ready to start at any time? All these lower tier programs seem to find these dazzling quarterbacks from somewhere...just look at what they do on ESPN.

All announcers seem to say about JG is how bad he is and the tough time he has had. So, so embarrassing.
Why would anyone feel bad about a millionaire losing a job when he's guaranteed 12.8 million if he loses that job?

Just asking...

I am so frustrated that it is not even worth getting up on Saturday morning to watch damn and be excited about TN playing anymore. It's my own fault though. I was sure expecting a different outcome this year. I hate to be teased and the 2 - 0 start did just that. Got me hot and bothered. Thought we could challenge anyone. And then, the letdown.

How many different ways are there to say Pruitt is not performing the way we all wanted?
Just out of curiosity (now think about this one), what did we really want to see? Without the orange-tinted glasses, what did we think we realistically could do this season with the personnel on the field? 5 - 5? 6 - 4?

Reactions: Vol524
my-advice-to-qvv5y7.jpg

Weinke and Friend are at the top of my list for removal.

• Weinke: We have a deer in the headlights for a starting QB and the other QBs "are not ready". That has to fall on the QB coach.
  • Friend: Hyped to be one of the best offensive lines in the SEC, maybe the country....this line has been very inconsistent. It's just time for a change here.

As much as I would like to go ahead and get on with a search for the next Head Coach because everyone knows this isn't going to work, I just don't see him getting fired even if he goes 2-8. I think he will be up there with the top 5 coaches on the hot seat at the beginning of next year.

I’ll take a different take on the same thing.

Someone needs to take a closer look at some of these assistants.

Weinke and Tee for starters
Weinke and Tee may be bad but Friend is a whole new level of awful.
He has turned chicken salad into chicken shoo shoo.

Reactions: igotworms
I agree this was not going to be a 8-2 season. But, you can't say this is a weird season due to covid and the wrench it threw in the gears. At least you can't here because the DOOM crowd will say it is just an excuse or everyone has to deal with the same things. Which is not true. Protocol is different in every city. You will not get this crowd to understand that. The team played much better against the Barn but we lost. Nothing else matters. We have lost too many games because of QB errors. Past time for a change. If Pruitt would make a change at QB we could see what the rest of the team looks like. That is all we are asking for.

No. The best indicator of future results is past performance. JP is either a moran or mentally dysfunctional to keep trotting JG out there to fail. Never seen anything approaching this in sports at any level. JP isn’t doing JG any favors or the team for that matter. JP is expecting JG to perform at a level he can’t and the team to make up the difference. Absolute leadership failure on JPs part and in a way I feel sorry for and also admire JG for strapping the helmet on and doing his best.

I was in the ok he'll need 4-5 years to turn it around.
Now after hearing even his last presser, I'm like cut our loses, this was a bad hire, do it especially if we can get Freeze.
At this point I'm not even sure he was really calling the plays at Bama. I think Saban was...Pruitt is really clueless and no fire in him...

Weinke and Friend are at the top of my list for removal.

• Weinke: We have a deer in the headlights for a starting QB and the other QBs "are not ready". That has to fall on the QB coach.
  • Friend: Hyped to be one of the best offensive lines in the SEC, maybe the country....this line has been very inconsistent. It's just time for a change here.

As much as I would like to go ahead and get on with a search for the next Head Coach because everyone knows this isn't going to work, I just don't see him getting fired even if he goes 2-8. I think he will be up there with the top 5 coaches on the hot seat at the beginning of next year.

HB looked like he was ready to go IMO at least serviceable. I was blaming Weinke but right now I'm not sure it's Weinke fault and just Pruitt interjecting himself and making all the decisions at QB over riding Weinke. JG is JG and nobody is fixing that young man to be a top SEC QB. He can go to another conference and probably do well though.

Reactions: EZE

And what’s crazy is HB is most definitely the best QB and he has shown that the 4 series he has played but yet Pruitt sees it to like we do but yet refuses to accept it.

VN Store

Back