Hyams gave the reason on the Sports Source this morning why SC could fire Muschamp but UT won't fire Pruitt.

JL24

Hyams said he talked to a prominent booster this week, and was told by that booster that Pruitt absolutely would not be fired this year.

Booster said, point blank, that finances was the reason.

According to Hyams, South Carolina has 30-40 million in their athletic reserve. Tennessee has 10-11 million.

Hyams said he talked to a prominent booster this week, and was told by that booster that Pruitt absolutely would not be fired this year.

According to Hyams, South Carolina has 30-40 million in their athletic reserve. Tennessee has 10-11 million.
Same booster that told him Jeff Brohm was coming to UT?

We were also in the red when we fired Dooley, so what

It makes sense that the only reason JP isn’t getting fired is because of the money. It’s a lot of money to make the move and it has to come from somewhere.
UT is going to be in real shock when come next fall Neyland still looks like peak pandemic. Go ahead and extend Jeremy again Phil and give yourself some more time to run it even further into the ground.

Not asking the right booster. Money is there if the right person writes the check.

Holding onto him and seeing attendance crater will cost us just as much.

If S Carolina has higher standards than we do, there’s our problem.

Well finances won't get better anytime soon. They really think fans will flock to see this program post covid? I'm sorry I won't. Tired of wasting my money and that shows they don't value my money or time

On top of that, next year's home schedule doesn't have Alabama and Florida on it. I assume ticket sales are stronger in even years than in odd years.

Although, Lane Kiffin's boys come to town, so that should be interesting.

(Although I don’t totally disagree with firing CJP), why would they fire him when they are currently asking assistants to take a pay cut? Just curious.....

Reactions: lexkyvol
UT is going to be in real shock when come next fall Neyland still looks like peak pandemic. Go ahead and extend Jeremy again Phil and give yourself some more time to run it even further into the ground.
I haven’t seen the contract so I don’t know how much more it would cost UT due to JP’s extension. When HB turns this around Neyland will be packed. Will JP be here to see it or will he be cut loose?

Well this is bad news. Give it up fans, the program is forever subpar Vandy with no hope of turning it around for at least 10 years. It’s over.

It is amazing (if true) that a school with $300 MM less in athletic revenue over the past 15 years can have 4x the reserve.....

Like I have been saying. TN does not care about its football program. So just stop with the empty Neyland and all the BS. There is nothing we can do about it. Pruitt is likely here until the end of next year.

Reactions: advancedrescue27

VN Store

Back