Just an Idea

Vol524

Demote Pruitt to DC. Continue to pay him his salary. If we fire him we have to pay him anyway. It would be like getting a good DC for free. He can do that job well if all he has to focus on is Defense. Then go after Freeze or Kiffin for the HC job. Kiffin would crawl back to TN if given half a chance. I don't like the way Kiffin left here but I understand why he did it. He has grown up some and is a different person now. If he was our HC would not have trouble scoring points and with Pruitt as the DC we would not get blown out of games. If Pruitt won't take the demotion and quits then we don't have to pay him. Problem solved.

Actually Pruitts contract is as head coach and why work for the money if you can get it for free?

In theory I’m with you, but I don’t think it would be reality.

If we could hire Freeze and keep Pruitt as DC I’m all over it,

Demote Pruitt to DC. Continue to pay him his salary. If we fire him we have to pay him anyway. It would be like getting a good DC for free. He can do that job well if all he has to focus on is Defense. Then go after Freeze or Kiffin for the HC job. Kiffin would crawl back to TN if given half a chance. I don't like the way Kiffin left here but I understand why he did it. He has grown up some and is a different person now. If he was our HC would not have trouble scoring points and with Pruitt as the DC we would not get blown out of games. If Pruitt won't take the demotion and quits then we don't have to pay him. Problem solved.
Pretty sure this contract would be written to preclude that possibility.
But I bet there would be nothing to prevent us from moving his office to the sub basement of Neyland where he could at least help out by killing a few roaches.
A0F253D5-CE2D-4C02-BB74-8604B1EA3F4E.gif

I'm sure an attorney could look over his contract and respond better, but I suspect there is no allowance for something like that. He was hired as HC and if the administration no longer wants him in that role, then the termination clause would kick in.

Also, keeping the former HC on staff would be a nightmare for the new HC. There would be resentment and competing authorities that would likely wreck the team.

My god this is horrible. First of all you can’t just demote him. He has a contract that says he’s the head coach. I doubt under any circumstance he’s accept the demotion. He would however (unlike our last coach) seek out a coordinator position which would slightly reduce the payout.
Secondly, kiffin would crawl back to ut? My god man...he’s a head coach in the sec. NO HE WOULD’T. And he’s not the guy we should pursue anyway. It should be urban meyer and then Hugh freeze.

Can't be done under his existing contract.

Reactions: DonDiego

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA............. HA.

Reactions: Voltopia
I haven't read his contract so I don't know what can and can't be done. My way we are not firing him and paying him for doing nothing.

The only problem with that Pruitt is suppose to be such a great defensive mind and our defense can't stop anyone and has gotten worse over the past three seasons.

The only problem with that Pruitt is suppose to be such a great defensive mind and our defense can't stop anyone and has gotten worse over the past three seasons.
He is trying to HC not DC. It is apparent to me he can't do both. Heck, he can't HC but he is a good DC.

I hate that Kiffin left us for his dream job but do not hold it against him. How many coaches give a press conference at their current school saying they are leaving? Most just disappear and show up at their new school. Now I did not like him and Coach O telling recruits to not go to class. But that was what it was.

Reactions: DonDiego and Vol524
I'm sure an attorney could look over his contract and respond better, but I suspect there is no allowance for something like that. He was hired as HC and if the administration no longer wants him in that role, then the termination clause would kick in.

Also, keeping the former HC on staff would be a nightmare for the new HC. There would be resentment and competing authorities that would likely wreck the team.
But in 10 years Pruitt can be AD.

Then TN will dominante!!

Actually Pruitts contract is as head coach and why work for the money if you can get it for free?

In theory I’m with you, but I don’t think it would be reality.

If we could hire Freeze and keep Pruitt as DC I’m all over it,
Everyone who believes or suggests this is a possibility is stoned out of their minds Or under the age of 13.

Reactions: Vol524 and Voltopia
So your plan is to hire a head coach and then tell him who he has to hire for his assistants.

That's a bold move, Cotton

Reactions: Vol524
I haven't been stoned in years and I have Grandkids older than 13. Heck, I haven't even been drinking. I may just be battered and abused from being a VFL and reading how depressed everyone else is. :confused:

Hey guys! I’ve got an idea. Let’s keep him but demote him to grounds keeper that way he can clean up the flaming pile of $h!t left behind from his coaching.

I am not familiar with Pruitt's contract but typically executive employment contracts would treat a substantial change in the job role as a termination event. So yes. And as you say it would create a terrible internal dynamic on the staff. Not ever going to happen.

VN Store

Back