Bailey vs JG

DiderotsGhost

I know there are 80 trillion threads on this, but ...

... is Pruitt literally the only person on the planet who doesn't see that Harrison Bailey is better than Guarantano?

auburn2020.jpg

Virtually everyone on this board does. Most of the announcers realize it. Other coaches realize it. I wouldn't be shocked if Chaney, Tee, and / or Weinke realize it.

This is getting absurd. JG led the offense to 10 points in an entire game. And he gave Auburn 7 points, so that's a net of 3 points for JG's offense. You really expect the defense to hold the opposing team to 0 in the modern game? Even if we hit the 2 FGs and we have net 9 points on offense under JG, that's ridiculous to expect the D to hold Auburn to 7 points!

I don't know if we win or not with Bailey, but game would've been close. Bailey has put together more nice looking drives in garbage time than JG has all season. Mizzou has been using a true Freshman starter and it's paid off. With Bailey, we're no worse than 3-4 and maybe 4-3 or 5-2. And for all the good Pruitt has done while he's been here, continuing to screw the QB position up big-time calls into question his entire judgement.

Also, just depressing to see Eric Gray rack up 173 rushing yards and 49 receiving yards and have that wasted with poor QB play. Eric Gray is having a great season and no one is taking note, because it's completely overshadowed by JG's awful play. Indeed, Gray would probably be doing even better if defenses weren't keying in on him because they are unafraid of the passing game.

The longer Pruitt continues to trot out JG as the starter, the hotter his seat is going to become. And what message is Pruitt sending to QB recruits with this? That he'll play the worst player so long as they have seniority?

It's one thing to lose. It's another to lose because your coach is too stubborn to see what almost literally everyone else sees. Though, I fully expect to see us roll JG out as starter against next week after a "great week of practice." And if we lose to Vandy's true Freshman QB with JG, it's going to get ugly here.

</ end venting session>

Last edited:
But Pruitt said JG is a Practice Champion so everything is fine. No HC worth anything would still be starting JG at this point. Even bad head coaches would have moved on from JG and to be honest I don't believe it would have taken them 3 years to do so. Pruitt bases his decisions on practice where QB's wear no contact jerseys so there is literally no pressure. You put JG in a game and under pressure he is literally the worst QB in Tennessee history. Everyone can see it. Even Pruitt can't he has no business being a head coach. It is almost like Pruitt is making decisions on wanting to get fired to collect his buyout and move on to another dc job. He is ruining this program all because he is either a horrible coach or he simply is too damn stubborn to make a change to improve the team. Either way or for whatever reason he needs to be shown the door.

My apologies for being lazy, and I know there are 80 trillion threads on this, but ...

... is Pruitt literally the only person on the planet who doesn't see that Harrison Bailey is better than Guarantano?

View attachment 325076

Virtually everyone on this board does. Most of the announcers realize it. Other coaches realize it. I wouldn't be shocked if Chaney, Tee, and / or Weinke realize it.

This is getting absurd. JG led the offense to 10 points in an entire game. And he gave Auburn 7 points, so that's a net of 3 points for JG's offense. You really expect the defense to hold the opposing team to 0 in the modern game? Even with 2 missed FGs, that's ridiculous to expect the D to hold Auburn to 6 points!

I don't know if we win or not with Bailey, but game would've been close. Bailey has put together more nice looking drives in garbage time than JG has all season. Mizzou has been using a true Freshman starter and it's paid off. With Bailey, we're no worse than 3-4 and maybe 4-3 or 5-2. And for all the good Pruitt has done while he's been here, continuing to screw the QB position up big-time calls into question his entire judgement.

Also, just depressing to see Eric Gray rack up 173 rushing yards and 49 receiving yards and have that wasted with poor QB play. Eric Gray is having a great season and no one is taking note, because it's completely overshadowed by JG's awful play. Indeed, Gray would probably be doing even better if defenses weren't keying in on him because they are unafraid of the passing game.

The longer Pruitt continues to trot out JG as the starter, the hotter his seat is going to become. And what message is Pruitt sending to QB recruits with this? That he'll play the worst player so long as they have seniority?

It's one thing to lose. It's another to lose because your coach is too stubborn to see what almost literally everyone else sees. Though, I fully expect to see us roll JG out as starter against next week after a "great week of practice." And if we lose to Vandy's true Freshman QB with JG, it's going to get ugly here.

</ end venting session>
Fulmer needs to step in and end this madness. It's almost like Pruitt is doing this intentionally.

Pruitt is just a bone head, stubborn as they come. To just keep losing for 3 YEARS with the same QB that is rated next to last in the SEC, is just unbelievable quite frankly.

No one on the planet, except Pruitt, thinks that JG should be starting or playing at Tennessee. Consider that this year is free experience, no red shirt year required and we continue to play a terrible 5th yr senior that is more than most fans can take and the noise and heat is going to grow to remove Pruitt and his staff.

He has one of the best quarterbacks in the Nation with Harrison Bailey and rather than going full speed with his development, he lets him take a few reps in practice and gives him a few end of game minutes to play.

If there is a such thing as malpractice in coaching, Pruitt should be charged and convicted by a jury of his peers, the VolNation.

This S*** show started 20 years ago with Fulmer making bad hires ( Cut and JC carried him for years) People blame everyone that's been thru the program for the down fall but we need to wake up and look at the only constant in that time. Phil.
Stop blaming all the other organs in the body when the heart is the problem

Reactions: therealitytheory
This S*** show started 20 years ago with Fulmer making bad hires ( Cut and JC carried him for years) People blame everyone that's been thru the program for the down fall but we need to wake up and look at the only constant in that time. Phil.
Stop blaming all the other organs in the body when the heart is the problem

Phil is responsible for hiring the inept Pruitt. But he has not been a constant. He did not hire Kiffin, Dooley or Butch.

Reactions: orangebloodforlife
I know there are 80 trillion threads on this, but ...

View attachment 325076

This is getting absurd. JG led the offense to 10 points in an entire game. And he gave Auburn 7 points, so that's a net of 3 points for JG's offense. You really expect the defense to hold the opposing team to 0 in the modern game? Even if we hit the 2 FGs and we have net 9 points on offense under JG, that's ridiculous to expect the D to hold Auburn to 7 points!

</ end venting session>
Outstanding post. You hit the nail
right on the head.

Reactions: tbones0711
How do you explain to your players that you are going to continue running out a QB to start every game that has thrown more TDs to the opposing team over the last 4.5 games than he has to his own players?

I like HB's poise, the way the offense responds to him, and I like his misses better than JG's misses, too. His eyes seem better, too, at least at spotting TE's.
It is without a doubt that HB has the natural ability to scan the entire field almost instantly and react properly. Field vision is one of JG's liabilities and the contrast between the two is remarkable. JG reacts much slower also. Bailey has a more accurate arm it appears and arm strength is at least equal until we see more of HB. That leaves reading defenses, setting protections and changing plays at LOS. JG may have an advantage in this area due to HB's limited game reps which will fall into place after a couple of good games. 3, if not 4, SEC freshman QB's are getting great opportunities because the coaches of those teams are forward thinking and seeing this free year as a valuable situation because you can play a freshman all you want and get a free year. We'll see how smart our coach is at Vandy. It's an ideal situation for teams that aren't battling for titles, championship to take advantage of the rule while it's there.

Reactions: wrangler
We win the game easily if Pruitt had started Bailey. People would have been shocked at how easily we beat Auburn. Yet, Pruitt keeps putting the same inept QB out there every week. For someone who has been around football all his life, it boggles my mind that he can't see what a real QB looks like. We have one and his name is Harrison Bailey. It's obvious when you watch him play.

Stop me if I'm wrong but I think that being the players coach that he is, JP doesn't want to scar JG for life in whatever career he chooses after football, ergo he continues to give him the starts and failures to bide him over. Amiright

It's too early to fire him.

We are just stuck with this shitshow for the next 1-2 years.

Worst case scenario, JG comes back next year and we have to watch this crap all over again.
Some booster needs to offer JG an amazing position for next year... something that requires a huge commitment and no time for foseball

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
Pruitt is just a bone head, stubborn as they come. To just keep losing for 3 YEARS with the same QB that is rated next to last in the SEC, is just unbelievable quite frankly.

No one on the planet, except Pruitt, thinks that JG should be starting or playing at Tennessee. Consider that this year is free experience, no red shirt year required and we continue to play a terrible 5th yr senior that is more than most fans can take and the noise and heat is going to grow to remove Pruitt and his staff.

He has one of the best quarterbacks in the Nation with Harrison Bailey and rather than going full speed with his development, he lets him take a few reps in practice and gives him a few end of game minutes to play.

If there is a such thing as malpractice in coaching, Pruitt should be charged and convicted by a jury of his peers, the VolNation.
Better be lucky he's not in Fansville.......they'd never, ever let him near a dr.pepper for life !!!

Reactions: Volunteer Bee
Fulmer needs to step in and end this madness. It's almost like Pruitt is doing this intentionally.

I don't want to believe that, but it really seems that way.

That last drive before half is suspicious. JG stood there on 1 play and let 15 seconds run off, and that weak *** last play was a joke.

And look at the last few players JP has offered scholarships. They are on a Southern conference level.

Of course, he keeps playing JG. The worst QB in program history

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga

VN Store

Back