Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
He only had 42 yards passing...he was managing alright....not even an average game though. Eric Gray was the reason the offense even did anything in the first half not JG. If Bailey would have played right after JG went out...UT would have won that game. Plain and simple.

Eh...maybe, maybe not. But I truly believe from the limited time we saw HB play he gave us a better chance than either JG or Maurer did.

No idea. Told it by my VFL neighbor. I doubt it would happen as others would be above him. He was just naming coaches he could see at UT and I had to do a google search for that name.

Freeze
Napier
Tee
Etc...

If we went FCS, I would love North Dakota States head coach. Those dudes know how to win.
no. no more expiriments.

Amazing to me that so many of you have forgotten the last game completely came unraveled when JG got hurt. He was managing a great game at that point and one we had a great chance to win

for me I want to see Bailey play for the future but if winning Saturday is most important I want JG in there
He was 5/8 for 42 yards in that game. He did NOTHING to help us win that Bailey could not have done.

Holy crap seeing those boxing movies in there I totally whiffed on the greatest ever, Raging Bull. It is #3 on my list, please make appropriate adjustment.
Raging Bull is a great movie, the first Rocky movie, too. Cinderella Man is a notch below 'em, still pretty damn good, tho. But my favorite boxing movie is, Million Dollar Baby. Eastwood and Freeman were great, as usual, but Swank really brought her "A" game in this movie, imo.

No idea. Told it by my VFL neighbor. I doubt it would happen as others would be above him. He was just naming coaches he could see at UT and I had to do a google search for that name.

Freeze
Napier
Tee
Etc...

If we went FCS, I would love North Dakota States head coach. Those dudes know how to win.

Also had to google him. We would go get a google coach.

K State already went the North Dakota State route. Current coach only been there one year and then one game this year. But they certainly know how to recruit QBs.

What do you mean unraveled? And please clarify "great game". JG was 5/8 for 42 yards.

Take away Bailey's two picks in garbage time and his stat line was just as good as JGs and without Eric Gray we don't even score a TD. His 31 carries for 123 yards is the reason we even scored our lone TD.

You're either trying to hard to troll or out of your damn mind.

We had a 13-0 lead at half and JG had his best rushing game as a vol going. He has picked up some very key 3rd down pick ups thru the air and yes was playing great with what he was asked to do

now I posted this after the game. Don’t blame the player for laying down a sacrifice bunt when the coach asked him to do that. He simply was executing a great game of doing what he was ask to do

now again I want Bailey to play because I think in the future coaches won’t ask him to bunt but I don’t think he wins at auburn while I think JG has a real shot.

No order.
Big Lebowski
Full metal jacket
Breakfast club
Rounders
Hangover
Rogue one
Raiders of the lost ark
Dazed and confused
Remember the Titans
Tombstone

Very honorable mentions...jaws... unforgiven... The hunt for red October
Oh man, Unforgiven and Raiders are two great choices. Rogue one definitely the best in the Star Wars saga imo.

Reactions: jakez4ut
Raging Bull is a great movie, the first Rocky movie, too. Cinderella Man is a notch below 'em, still pretty damn good, tho. But my favorite boxing movie is, Million Dollar Baby. Eastwood and Freeman were great, as usual, but Swank really brought her "A" game in this movie, imo.
Have to disagree. Raging Bull is the greatest. Million Dollar Baby had a weird ending and was sappy. Another good one is The Wrestler with Mickey Rourke.

My favorites

1. LOTR trilogy
2. Jurassic Park
3. Shawshank Redemption
4. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
5. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
6. Goodfellas
7. Saving Private Ryan
8. Pulp Fiction
9. The godfather
10. Jaws
Good list. LOTR is the best by far. Add stand by me in there and I could roll with this.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
No order.
Big Lebowski
Full metal jacket
Breakfast club
Rounders
Hangover
Rogue one
Raiders of the lost ark
Dazed and confused
Remember the Titans
Tombstone

Very honorable mentions...jaws... unforgiven... The hunt for red October
Some on there I love some I hate. Nice work.

Why is full metal jacket as the only war movie? I love it one of my faves but down the list, the second half has some issues.

Reactions: Smokeytom
Also had to google him. We would go get a google coach.

K State already went the North Dakota State route. Current coach only been there one year and then one game this year. But they certainly know how to recruit QBs.
I know them pretty well going to Georgia Southern for Undergrad. I hate them since they beat us twice in the semis for a chance at the National championship. But I respect the hell out of that program.

Reactions: MarcoVol
We suck something fierce, but we’re beating Auburn. They haven’t playes in three weeks, lots of potential guys sitting out. Muschamp beat them for gosh sakes.
You know this is a game Pruitt wants to win. He hates Auburn more than Tennessee.

We had a 13-0 lead at half and JG had his best rushing game as a vol going. He has picked up some very key 3rd down pick ups thru the air and yes was playing great with what he was asked to do

now I posted this after the game. Don’t blame the player for laying down a sacrifice bunt when the coach asked him to do that. He simply was executing a great game of doing what he was ask to do

now again I want Bailey to play because I think in the future coaches won’t ask him to bunt but I don’t think he wins at auburn while I think JG has a real shot.

I'll hold out hope because he did it before, but geezus look at his stat line for KY. I just don't see it happening and nothing against ARK he did changes my mind much. JG needs to be benched, plain and simple. I'm at the point where even if it means a loss, do it. This year is a wash anyway. We had no spring, limited fall, and each week could be our last game this season. We need to prep for the future. The JG era needs to end yesterday.

Reactions: reeceb73
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back