Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
It comes down to Vandy IMO...
if we're there sole win for this season... I don't see how you can move past it
That’s how i think it shakes out. I think there’s too many people talking about freeze to UT for there to be NOTHING there. Hubbs, fieldman, SC mods, etc. Fulmer has also been super silent during all those. Not saying he needs to say anything but he hasn’t given the Ol vote of confidence from the AD to Pruitt either tho.

That’s how i think it shakes out. I think there’s too many people talking about freeze to UT for there to be NOTHING there. Hubbs, fieldman, SC mods, etc. Fulmer has also been super silent during all those. Not saying he needs to say anything but he hasn’t given the Ol vote of confidence from the AD to Pruitt either tho.
Losing to Vandy guarantees a coaching search.

Losing 3 out of 4 makes it very likely.

DeerPark saying he's here through next year even if we lose out. Claims there is already 35,000 season tickets sold for next year, and the '21 recruits reaffirming their commits is also a driving factor. I'm about to check out for a few years.

That is the sentiment most close to the program would agree with. Hate to be the bearer of bad news. Although, that doesn't mean that Fulmer hasn't at least gauged interest from Freeze if a change were to be made down the road.

Reactions: OrangenSC
Dang Bass has a picture with Pruitt and everything and wants the Freeze..... whew
I won't throw that one away like I did the Derek Dooley autographed picture I had. I hate that it has turned out this way, but Pruitt will be fine. He'll get millions in a buyout and then go and make a mil per coaching defense at bama or somewhere and never have to worry about money. He'll probably get another opportunity as a head coach after a few more years under Saban. We have a proven winner on the line. We need to reel him in.

That’s how i see it too. I also think Pruitt saves himself if he beats vandy along with one of the remaining 3.

*if he wants to. I think a negotiated buyout/resignation is something that needs to be talked about more honestly.

Honest question...Freeze was 39-25 over 5 seasons. That’s 8-5 average. Get it was at ole miss and it’s the 5th best job in division. But that was while cheating...I don’t care that he was, in fact, I hope we are. Just curious why everyone thinks he is urban, Dabo or Saban.

Do we expect a Mullen type improvement? Mullen did about that at state and then got to the 2nd best job in his division and has a QB and they are top 5?

That’s how i see it too. I also think Pruitt saves himself if he beats vandy along with one of the remaining 3.

*if he wants to. I think a negotiated buyout/resignation is something that needs to be talked about more honestly.
This. I'm kind of surprised he wants to keep going tbh. Negotiate it down, go take another job, live a much less stressful life.

Last edited:
Honest question...Freeze was 39-25 over 5 seasons. That’s 8-5 average. Get it was at ole miss and it’s the 5th best job in division. But that was while cheating...I don’t care that he was, in fact, I hope we are. Just curious why everyone thinks he is urban, Dabo or Saban.

Do we expect a Mullen type improvement? Mullen did about that at state and then got to the 2nd best job in his division and has a QB and they are top 5?
our
bar
is
low

And the best part is there won’t need to be “a search”. Our next coach is in Lynchburg, VA just waiting for the call.
They better hope so! They can't afford another "search" where 4 or 5 names are floated out and we get half the Power 5 conference coaches a raise only to end up with Ohio State's WR coach.

Worth a shot, name a better (and practical) candidate.

Reactions: UTSuave’

Totally agree with you.

I think it's very possible he looks around and decides it would be better for his career to get a high-level DC job - I'm thinking Auburn and LSU will be open - and then get another chance at HC at a lower-tier job.

He needs to take over at UAB, Troy or MTSU and learn on the job there. He could be very successful in time - the Tennessee job is just too big for him.

Those discussions should happen. It remains to be seen if it will. I think there is other factors to consider. How is recruiting? How are the young players developing? Which coaches leave? Who gets hired? A lot of what ifs to consider....

I think Pruitt is growing tired of losing and underestimated what it takes to build a program from where Tennessee was/is to where Bama/GA/Florida are with them as competition.

Reactions: UTSuave’
Pruitt wants the Alabama HC job. That's his dream.

But I don't think he wants to be the first coach post-Saban. If he's smart, he will wait around until they're desperate for an alumnus to come in and repair whatever their first hire screwed up.

Reactions: SSVol
This. I'm kind of surprised he wants to keep going tbh. Negotiate it down, go take another job, live a must less stressful life.
Exactly. Pruitt is still young enough and can point to this covid year for having a horrible year and go be a DC for a little and potentially get another P5 job. If he returns next year and is fired after another bad year... he will probably never get another high profile head job. He wouldn’t have to make staff changes and spend all off season vetting assistants in a make or break year either.

Penix is the only truth out of that mix. That’s enough in retrospect.
Agree, Penix is more than serviceable. Something we lack. HB may be it but he hasn't been developed and seen enough playing time so I cannot put him in the same ballpark.

There is/was an obvious issue with evaluation and development with this staff. No need to make up crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back