Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we honestly think that Hugh Freeze is coming here? I mean it seems to me that it’s just a lot of wishful thinking.
(I was on a honeymoon last week so I’m out of the loop)
Besides it being mentioned by Chris Low about it being his dream job, Bruce Feldman said yesterday Freeze wants Tennessee and then the South Carolina mods told basically told their board they weren't getting Freeze, he wants Tennessee.

Ya know honestly, I think Pruitt should just be a DC. Hell I'd be happy for him to be the DC here.

Freeze could come HC here ya let Pruitt stay as DC and he can keep the guys he wants on that side of the ball. I'm sure Freeze would keep Jay/Tee even. Probably wouldn't be against Chaney staying to be OC.

Besides it being mentioned by Chris Low about it being his dream job, Bruce Feldman said yesterday Freeze wants Tennessee and then the South Carolina mods told basically told their board they weren't getting Freeze, he wants Tennessee.
Thank you. I literally had been skimming pages for info but it’s all good. I want Freeze too.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
Ya know honestly, I think Pruitt should just be a DC. Hell I'd be happy for him to be the DC here.

Freeze could come HC here ya let Pruitt stay as DC and he can keep the guys he wants on that side of the ball. I'm sure Freeze would keep Jay/Tee even. Probably wouldn't be against Chaney staying to be OC.
I’m with you until the end here

Reactions: BigOrangeGoose
Honest question...Freeze was 39-25 over 5 seasons. That’s 8-5 average. Get it was at ole miss and it’s the 5th best job in division. But that was while cheating...I don’t care that he was, in fact, I hope we are. Just curious why everyone thinks he is urban, Dabo or Saban.

Do we expect a Mullen type improvement? Mullen did about that at state and then got to the 2nd best job in his division and has a QB and they are top 5?
It was a considerable increase over Houston Nutt’s 18-26 lead in. If we’re splitting hairs, Saban went 34-24-1 in 5 seasons at Michigan State. It’s how much your program ADVANCES the longer you coach that separates head coaches.

Pruitt needed to try being HC at a small school with low pressure. Same reason you don't have a true freshman QB start his first game against UGA or Bama, it can mess up a good coach, QB, salesman, teacher, etc...if their very first time doing a new job is in the hardest possible situation.

Some do thrive if their first time ever swimming is being thrown into the deep end with sharks, but most drown or get eaten, in my experience anyway. Pruitt may have been an elite HC with more practice, and he may still turn out to be one; but he's bad right now.

Reactions: UTProf
I really do wonder what would happen if we crowdfunded Freeze to the hill. Basically start a fund and i guarantee a million vol fans would pledge 10$

Out of all of the craziness in the world, I have no doubt VolTwitter could get a few million together to get someone like Freeze.

You got 20$ From me today. 100$ once it goes viral.

Shiiiiiiiiii!!!!! Someone write me up a good detailed caption or description of why we need the money...School history,stat numbers inclines and declines from year 1 to 3 and why freeze is the guy etc...I’ll post it👀😅 don’t understand estimate the ability of voltwitter.the whole state is ready for this change.

I want to throw Chaney out like uncle Phil used to throw Jazz out.
a6YfO24rxDSQJX9Uj37arwtQ19lk0M.gif

Unfortunately, Freeze wanting and Fulmer doing are two different things.
Has Fulmer come out with a vote of confidence yet? I think it is pretty telling with all the VQ guys and reports coming out about Freeze wanting to be here. I think they are talking behind the scenes and gauging fan interest with these reports. I wouldn’t be shocked if we waited to make a move until after early signing day. I just don’t think Pruitt survives 3-7 and getting blown out in every loss.

Has Fulmer come out with a vote of confidence yet? I think it is pretty telling with all the VQ guys and reports coming out about Freeze wanting to be here. I think they are talking behind the scenes and gauging fan interest with these reports. I wouldn’t be shocked if we waited to make a move until after early signing day. I just don’t think Pruitt survives 3-7 and getting blown out in every loss.

Supposedly fulmer told DM last week he was 100% behind Pruitt being the coach of the future

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back