Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stick by my original post.

Hi guys! Big Vole fan here and I thought I’d sign up and see who else likes football and who thinks we win the championship this season and can’t wait for the new Star Wars movies and I have a Razor phone and a vintage Fiero and well that’s about it! Discuss amongst yourselves and I look forward to good straightforward conversations and nary a mean sarcastic post thrown my way. :swirlybowl:
This one? 😎

It would actually be kinda hilarious if we boat race Auburn somehow and then just lay down the rest of the season.

Just watch. I really expect this will happen. That AU win a couple years ago makes no sense when compared against GSU, BYU, KY, and ARK this year. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if something is rotten here.

You non believers that he’ll be fired this year have very short memories of the colossal screw ups in Pruitt’s short tenure. It reminds me of how so many this off season actually bought the hype that JG was going to be better.

As we know I’m the biggest optimist on this board but I’ve seen the reality and I’ve not forgotten.

Pruitt has shuffled in/out more assistants in his 3 years than I can remember a staff doing. And none of it has made us better.

He’s been blown out more times in his 3 years at UT than the last few coaches combined (or some similar scary stat).

He has the highest paid OC in the country, one of the highest paid OL coaches in the country, one of the highest paid DC’s in the country. And we still get blown out by UK and Ark and are staring a Vandy loss and 2-8 right in the face.

All this behind the scenes talk of losing the upper class men, firing assistant mid season, Hubbs calling him out publicly (something he’s never done before).

Assistants refused the pay cuts. Rumors of Pruitt telling folks he’ll just go back to Bama. His dumb blank stare with no passion week after week in the press conferences.

I’m no mathematician but all this, and plenty more I forgot to list, adds up to it’s time to pull the plug. It’s inevitable and when it’s inevitable good leadership does it now. Weak leadership waits.

1605633008615.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: TN-POSSUM
Downright giddy in here today. AD has to weigh what a Coaching change before ESD and during a time of free transfers does to a roster, as well as the economic impact on the Athletic Department. Not as easy as some on here make it out to be. Just hire Freeze and all our issues are magically solved... Nah. Hiring Freeze may or may not be the right thing to do, but it's not the knee jerk quick fix. Meanwhile, God willing, College Football and the SEC will roll on this weekend and the Vols get to compare miserable, whiny fanbases with Auburn. GO VOLS!!!

I agree with you. The offense was a lot better earlier when they used Brandon more. Hyatt is a guy that can stretch the field vertically. For some strange reason this team just don't like to throw the middle of the field and that's where Brandon is deadly. I just don't get it.
Probably because Jarrett tends to be high on his throws over the middle.

Reactions: Billy Antrim
Here’s how it will go down boys and girls.

1. Bailey starts Saturday, looks good and we win out to finish 6-4.

2. We hold onto the key recruits and add Green, Malone, and flip Mims who all sign on early signing day.

3. Saban announces this will be his final year after winning the SEC.

4. Dabo turns Bama down and Pruitt is named head coach in waiting after Bama wins the national title.

5. We hire Freeze while Carolina trots out Bobo and Butch comes off the payroll.

6. Cowboys fire McCarthy and hire Mullen to be reunited with Dak.

7. Division continues to grow at UGA and Orgeron is fired for misconduct.

8. We start the true decade of the Vols.

Billy Napier will be the next head coach at SC. I will laugh if it ends up being Beamer.
Billy Napier is a good coach.

Born in Cookeville, his dad was a very successful high school football coach in Tennessee briefly, but mostly in Northwest Georgia.

Would not be surprised if he were waiting on Tennessee too.

Is Freeze going to wait on us? Does that make him a instant VFL if he does?
If Freeze waits for the UT job to open up next year, then yes, he is definitely a VFL.

Also, Liberty has over a billion dollar endowment IIRC. Freeze staying put there one more year with minimal expectations and a big ole paycheck coming his way isn't much of a stretch.

Here’s how it will go down boys and girls.

1. Bailey starts Saturday, looks good and we win out to finish 6-4.

2. We hold onto the key recruits and add Green, Malone, and flip Mims who all sign on early signing day.

3. Saban announces this will be his final year after winning the SEC.

4. Dabo turns Bama down and Pruitt is named head coach in waiting after Bama wins the national title.

5. We hire Freeze while Carolina trots out Bobo and Butch comes off the payroll.

6. Cowboys fire McCarthy and hire Mullen to be reunited with Dak.

7. Division continues to grow at UGA and Orgeron is fired for misconduct.

8. We start the true decade of the Vols.
At least a man can dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back