Pruitt press conference

I think it's also worth noting that Pruitt seemed very shaken today, it almost sounded like he was going to start crying

Think the pressure is getting to him and uhh... he..uhh...wanted to...uhh... rush through the uhhh....part about the assistants...uhhh refusing pay cuts.

A college football coach doesn't need to be an oratory giant in front of the mic but Pruitt is just especially difficult to listen to for very long.

I thought it was telling he didn't really go to bat for his assistants that didn't take a pay cut.

Said that the situation wasn't final and that he didn't want to speak on why they declined the pay cuts.

Probably because most of the assistants know they may not have a paycheck after the season ends... We do have several with their contracts running out after the first of the year.

I thought his comments on the QBs were noticeably different. His comment on JG came after making his comments on the other guys. It was almost an "I better say something about JG or I will get an 'is he starting' question."

It was, by far, the most raving comments he's made about any other QB(s) in these PCs this season. That's just my opinion, but I have watched all of them.

I didn't really get the "shaken" vibe mentioned above.

Probably because most of the assistants know they may not have a paycheck after the season ends... We do have several with their contracts running out after the first of the year.

Exactly. If I were a AC, I'd tell the university that I will take a reduction but my contract has to be re-worked so the cut is added to the buyout if I am not renewed.

I think it's also worth noting that Pruitt seemed very shaken today, it almost sounded like he was going to start crying
I just watched it. It honestly looked like every other press conference. I do think that he was being very careful when talking about his staff, but he wasn't overly emotional or anything.

I might be crazy, but I still think it's fan fantasy.
24002aae977f78561f9b4ceb77fb16bd.jpg

It was very somber, I think Muschamp getting fired was a Oh sh!t moment for Pruitt because the pay cut story is no coming back to bite him in the a$$. I think there's more to come out, the guy was talking about tithing it was pretty weird
Maybe UT has told him most of those guys are getting canned after this season.

Reactions: 508mikey
I think it is worth noting that yes, he is making millions, but he also trying to give that money to those that had to take pay cuts in the department. Hate him or love him as a coach, but he seems like he supports the players and staff regardless.

VN Store

Back