Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really wish Fulmer would have picked Mel Tucker over Pruitt.

I really think he was leaning that way until - get this - Pruitt won him over by already having Tyson Helton in pocket.

Tucker wanted to interview coaches for OC and didn’t have someone on board and that lost him the job.

That offense that Mel Tucker had yesterday was outstanding! Shut out by Indiana.

FWIW I would take Tracy Rocker back. Can’t recruit for sh## but he sue would develop some defensive lineman. (Obviously taking him back at the COVID market rate)

Reactions: VolsNUT
Lane kiffin, Mullen, Leach, drinkowitz, potentially freeze at USCe...

The sec responding to the defensive stranglehold coaches have had in the league for a decade.... Gonna be an interesting contrast of style going forward.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
Got it. Think it was as high as $20M at some point.

So, what it shows is that if South Carolina has the money to fire their coach, Tennessee certainly does.

So don’t let any of these “insiders” spin it as “Tennessee would love to fire Pruitt but just can’t make the money work.” Either they see the writing on the wall or they don’t.
This 👆🏻

Reactions: Deebowbear
Mushchamp should never be allowed inside UTs facilities solely based on his comments following the UF game a few years ago. Something like “I see a lot of upset fans and I like it...”
eff that guy
Unpopular take, very few coaches will want to come and Coach for Pruitt with the writing on the wall. I would be very surprised if we replaced anyone on our staff with a proven name.

Most articles have Billy Napier, Jamey Chadwell and even Will Healy mentioned in connection with the SC job as well as Hugh Freeze. VolNation seems to think anything less than Freeze is a disaster. Seems like there are several good, innovative offensive-minded coaches if UT decides to make a change. Hate to see us put all our eggs in one basket then immediately trash anyone not named Freeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back