Since Gruden has a fat contract

JACK8254

Since Jon Gruden has a ten year guaranteed contract at 10 million per year, I dont think we can pry him loose from THE RAIDERS and their cheesy fake flame in Vegas. That leaves Bill O'Brien , lately of the Texans. He was recently fired for head-scratching trades ( J Clowney for a conditional 4th round draft) and a Hitleresque attitude in the way he ran the front office. Bad trades is a non-issue in college and his base salary was about 7 million ( chump change to a major college) . He did a great job at Penn State and won 3 of 4 divisional crowns in the AFC South. He is a winner and currently unemployed. Why not call him?

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Pruitt is not getting fired this year. We will not have a new coach for atleast two more seasons. It will NOT be Gruden EVER.
This. If Gruden was ever going to coach college football it would have been during the Dooley or Butch hiring events. He is not interested in coaching college football. I don’t understand people still bringing is name up all the time as if is a possibility.

This. If Gruden was ever going to coach college football it would have been during the Dooley or Butch hiring events. He is not interested in coaching college football. I don’t understand people still bringing is name up all the time as if is a possibility.
I think it's done now as a joke, a very annoying joke.

Pruitt is not getting fired this year. We will not have a new coach for atleast two more seasons. It will NOT be Gruden EVER.

But his wife was a UT cheerleader and he owns a farm on Douglas Lake. He loves us Vol Fans.

O’Brien was a terrible NFL coach, but did an excellent job at Penn State cleaning up the JoePa mess.

I’m just wondering if there are any examples of coaches who were good in college...flamed out in the NFL...and then returned to college and had success....

I’ll hang up and listen.

Reactions: preacherwebb
20201114_191641.jpg

Reactions: mpfvol and Remy
Lol. Reading Wikipedia about Jon Gruden now and they state he is the current HC of Tennessee Volunteers. I’m sure it will be corrected in a few minutes.

Reactions: captainsword
O’Brien was a terrible NFL coach, but did an excellent job at Penn State cleaning up the JoePa mess.

I’m just wondering if there are any examples of coaches who were good in college...flamed out in the NFL...and then returned to college and had success....

I’ll hang up and listen.
As in Spurrier, Saban and Carroll (sort of)?

Reactions: EZE

VN Store

Back