2020 Presidential Race

The far right has killed far more people and they have threatened to kidnap and kill a governor.

We can go round and round on this but part of the problem is that people need to recognize the shortcomings on their own side.
The far right didn’t try to kidnap ole girl. That was the far left. Stop repeating the same BS media driven lie.

Lol

This will make sense for about 10 minutes until people realize they’re still politically divided within their own states and their kids have completely different “values” than they did.

It would be a long and complicated process, much like Brexit so the discussions need to start now or one day it will come to violence.

Except they are denying that is true. You do not know that they are wrong. Which is why it should be investigated and not dismissed just because it favors your candidate.
What are they investigating? The absence of observers or the distance at which observers must stand? Are you saying investigate EVERY vote? What exactly are you suggesting be investigated?

Reactions: NashVol11
You're right, You're a naive idealist.

:)

Seriously, you'll never get both sides to agree on how to achieve that, and both sides will sell their way as the only way. The days of compromise are behind us. Just look at the people in this thread arguing against the EC as an example. The parties "sell" unity but do not actually want it.
They actually do, when the cameras are off they go yuck it up together. A lot of people, even on VN, doesn't seem to understand that.

I doubt much happens of significance legislatively in the next 4 yrs. Republicans did very well down ballot. Not a single House incumbent R lost this week and it's likely that they'll retain control of the Senate, probably 52-48. That means no packing of the court. No elimination of the filibuster, no green deal, no far left Nancy Pelosi legislation getting to the President's desk.

Republicans should sit back and let the Dems implode as they try to govern. The R's should work on finding a non Trump to run in 2024 but one who'll get Trump's full support. I'd suggest Ron DeSantis.

In the meantime, Trump's people in the judicial system will continue to deliver victory after victory for Republican causes.

Four yrs of Trump worked out far better than I envisioned. I feared he'd blow up the party and lose by a landslide in 2020. Instead the party is energized and Trump is more popular than he was 4 yrs ago. He has the love and adulation that his ego sought. Conservatives were lukewarm on him 4 yrs ago but they absolutely love him now. He really exceeded expectations especially considering all the forces against him.

Thank you Mr President for all you did for us and all the crap you had to endure. Now go enjoy your fame and it's up to us to take it from here
What you are saying, and I agree with, is that it will be a much quieter four years... the most interesting thing that will happen, is when Stephen Breyer retires - will Senate Republicans block Biden's/Kamala's nominee?

Election Day should be a national holiday, everyone besides those who are first responders and other needed personnel should get off work. That way nobody has an excuse not to go vote.
I like the four day option a little more but national holiday is tough because we see how much had to stay open for a pandemic as essential. There are plenty of ways to vote and plenty of time currently without arbitrarily extending deadlines for mail ins. There needs to be a receipt deadline of election day. See Florida. That's the best way. Imo.

Like it or not, she will probably become our 47th President... some time in the next 3 years, would be my guess.
She'll be the first female POTUS, just not the first elected female POTUS. That still doesn't make her a good candidate for 2024 anymore than Trump was a good candidate this election. But parties are put into a situation where they basically have to run the incumbent or look like they've admitted failure. No one has the guts to say, "hey, we could do better".

And we should stay together, its what made America great and made America the super power it is, but both sides need to learn to compromise for that to happen.

For us to stay together another 200 years the power of the federal government would have to be scaled back to pre civil war levels.

Where did I indicate that? I simply noted the dIfference.
If you take California vote totals out of the equation, donald is still losing by almost a miillion votes. That is a huge number as well. If we had a popular vote system, he still would not have won.

Instead of blaming voter fraud, I really hope Republicans take an introspective look into their own party. Trump will be a footnote in history, but the party will continue and they have to become more central. The suburban votes in this election prove that. People don’t like extreme rhetoric on either side of the aisle.

If you roll back through previous elections CA has drifted even further left. It not a new idea with Trump.
96' -51%
00' - 53%
04' - 54%
08 - 61%
12 - 60% (4 million votes)
16 - 61% (4.3 million votes)
The vote total in California has gotten mind boggling the past 15 years or so.

As of right now:
Biden nationwide.... +4 million
Biden in CA. . . . . . . . +4.1 million

There are observers there. Whatever rules were in place before have always been in place. I mean, everyone agreed to how things were set up. It is a little different now with the pandemic. But no one is cheating.
It’s really some leopardsatmyface stuff man. Trump set it up this way, then his supporters cry about how it went. It was always going to go this way, just the order would be different

I may be a naive idealist but I do not believe unity would dictate less appeal to the base(s). Liberty, economic stability, a better future for our kids, peace, justice, et al....the high minded themes are shared among the majority.
For sure.

Instead of blaming voter fraud, I really hope Republicans take an introspective look into their own party. Trump will be a footnote in history, but the party will continue and they have to become more central. The suburban votes in this election prove that. People don’t like extreme rhetoric on either side of the aisle.

Except that Trump made inroads with every voting demographic this election.

It’s not hard to understand. It’s just not popular here. The “few cities deciding the election” is also a myth. New York/LA/etc. don’t have anywhere near the amount of people to rule the over the country.
Look at the individual state maps and you will see proof that the big cities dominate voting. I looked at several "blue" states that actually had a majority of "red" counties. Look at Nevada. The majority of the state itself is "red", but the counties containing Las Vegas and Reno control the state, and they are blue. It's not a myth.

Reactions: FallBranchChick

VN Store

Back