2020 Presidential Race

When Obama ran for office he ran as a moderate. He would be considered racist and homophobic if he ran on those same policies today. The dem party today is much more radical. The VP candidate is a dang commie. This is not the same.
If the Democratic Party had become as radical as you suggest, then Biden wouldn't have been the party nominee for President. They would have nominated either Bernie or Warren.

Per Politifact:

July 23, 2019 in a tweet:

"Reagan took the deficit from $70 billion to $175 billion. Bush 41 took it to $300 billion. Clinton got it to zero. Bush 43 took it from zero to $1.2 trillion. Obama halved it to $600 billion. Trump’s got it back to a trillion."

Our ruling

A viral tweet made several claims about how the deficit has grown under Republican presidents and shrunk under Democrats.

On the whole, the numbers presented for each president are basically accurate. However, it’s worth clarifying that presidents alone are not responsible for the rise and fall of the federal deficit.

The tweet is accurate but needs additional information. We rate it Mostly True.

# # #

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it, McDad. ;-)

What is so disturbing about this "fact" is the cherry picking. In Obama's second to last year (2015) the deficit was down to under 500 Billion for the year (his lowest). His cumulative total of debt added was 8.6 Trillion for his 8 years. Quite the fiscal hawk, there.
Bush was almost 6 trillion
clinton, bush, reagan were all under 2 trillion.

Do better.

My stance is simple. I'm for the counting of every legally cast vote.
I think anyone attempting to illegally cast a vote or attempting to keep a legally cast vote from being counted should be prosecuted to the fullest.
I think repubs are trying to suppress the counting of legally cast votes. I think dems are attempting to make it as easy and painless as possible to legally cast a vote. I think the reasons are beyond obvious.
Will-Ferrell-LOL.gif

You know the reason they are doing this, right? They're doing this so after the voting today they can go through the rolls and find how many dems didn't vote. They'll fill out those ballots and find a few more than they need to make sure biden wins. They can't cheat, properly, until they know who turned in ballots because that would implicate them. That's why it's so important for them to be able to count votes beyond November 3rd. The democratic party has been rigging and cheating elections for years now. It's what they do. You seem to be fine with it. While I find that disturbing I don't find it surprising. Democrats are hypocrites of the highest order.

Once our election become tainted, we are done as a country.

Is anyone going to any "watch parties" tonight? My whole branch is going to our manager's house at 8. There is only one other person I work with who is for Biden. I should be good and wasted by the time it's called for Biden at 11:30. LOL!
Please come back as soon as the news breaks.

Absolutely. People like me who care about the planet that we leave for our kids and their's will continue on and on and on and on and on...
We all want clean air and water. Problem is, countries like China and India are harming the environment 50X worse than the USA. All of the environmental protestors here are in the wrong country.

Your beef is with Congress, not the average American. Congress is in control of the purse strings.

yeah yeah yeah, but who elected the Congressmen? No matter... the average American shouldn't be burdened with it for generations to come and the creditors need to be penalized and take a haircut for even loaning our Congress all of this money that they knew could never be paid back.

Sure Ras. Politicians buy votes. Have you seen how everyone reacts when we start talking about cutting their sacred cow???

I don't know if debt can simply be discharged or not. I am simply stating the economic reality of other countries who fell off the path we are currently on.

I would love a relatively painless way out of 30T in debt. I just don't know it it is possible.

Sure Ras. Politicians buy votes. Have you seen how everyone reacts when we start talking about cutting their sacred cow???

I don't know if debt can simply be discharged or not. I am simply stating the economic reality of other countries who fell off the path we are currently on.

I would love a relatively painless way out of 30T in debt. I just don't know it it is possible.
Balanced budget and hyperinflation. That's the only way out.

We all want clean air and water. Problem is, countries like China and India are harming the environment 50X worse than the USA. All of the environmental protestors here are in the wrong country.

And how many times do we have to keep pointing this out to such numb skulls thinking it's only the USA doing it?

I worked in the same place I do now, for the 8 years Biden was the Vice President. Whoever wins, it really doesn't have as much of an impact on our daily lives as some fear-mongering people like to think.
Seriously..... after all the crying about trump for the past for years.

If the Democratic Party had become as radical as you suggest, then Biden wouldn't have been the party nominee for President. They would have nominated either Bernie or Warren.
If the Democratic party in DC got to pick the president, that is what they would have done. Unfortunately for them, that isn't how any of this works. They will now settle for a geriatric Trojan horse.

Balanced budget and hyperinflation. That's the only way out.
That's a very painful, very dangerous (for our Republic) way to go about it. But, I guess we simply get closer to this reality each year.

It will make the Great Depression look like a holiday on a cruise ship by comparison.

Reactions: hog88
the other thing I'll add is that R actions that increase the deficit tend to be tax reductions while D actions tend to be increases in government spending.

of the two options I'll take allowing citizens to keep more of their money over having the government do it every time.

You've seen the graph of spending through the years???

That's a very painful, very dangerous (for our Republic) way to go about it. But, I guess we simply get closer to this reality each year.

It will make the Great Depression look like a holiday on a cruise ship by comparison.
It definitely ain't great. First thing is balance the budget. Then, inflation over several years to minimize the debt. That's the only way.

The collapse was always going to be bad.

Biden is weekend at Biden's. He is there because they knew that America wasn't ready to vote for crazy Bernie or someone like that. He is the face, but he'll be replaced before his first term is over with Harris who will radicalize the dem party even further. There is a reason why they chose the most radical candidate they could as his running mate. She is a communist. You don't even deny this. It doesn't bother you that she is the VP? And you didn't even deny that what I said about Obama is true. because it is. Obama in his first term wasn't a good candidate, but he was far more moderate than what we are seeing today.

I just voted in Dover TN. Took 8 minutes from the time I left my truck to go vote and back in the truck.
Well, ain't nothing but meth heads, shipping containers and junk yards in Dover anyways. We probably should just give that to Kentucky if they'll take it.

VN Store

Back