Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you’re saying that the team quit down 10 points with over 13 mins left in the 3Q bc the O went 3 and out then again, we have many more problems than QB.

Stop blaming JG for the entire team’s struggles.

JG isn’t good enough to hide the rest of the team’s flaws. That doesn’t mean he’s the only problem.
In the opinion of many, he's the biggest problem. I don't think anyone's said he's the only problem.

He’s saying the team didn’t quit right after the pick 6s like the OP said and he stated great proof of that.

Your post appeared to be siding with the OP
You joined a convo where I was debating BGS on *when* the team quit during the UK game.

He blamed JG and the INTs.

That’s how this whole convo originated.
Yes I read those parts. Maybe I mis interpreted Marcos points but the way I read his posts was he was trying to say the team didn't quit due to JG. Which isn't true.

Reactions: UTSuave’
In the opinion of many, he's the biggest problem. I don't think anyone's said he's the only problem.

Then he should stop being blamed for the entire team’s struggles.

I agree he’s not the answer.

I do not agree the team quit bc of JG in the UK game. I do not believe the team quit last season bc of JG even tho many said it then, too.

I do not agree the team quit bc of JG in the UK game. I do not believe the team quit last season bc of JG even tho many said it then, too.
Players quitting falls on coaching, but most don't like to hear that argument either.

I think they quit in the UK game. Former VOLS were even tweeting it out and saying it was time to move on from JG. Is what it is.

JG isn’t the answer.

The team didn’t quit bc of JG.

Both of these things can be true.
JG's play demoralized the team.

Pruitt's lack of faith in another QB and allowing JG to continue to go out there and make mistake after mistake with no accountability led to the team giving up.

It is what it is.

Before McGill gets fired up, I'm not saying "Fire Pruitt". I'm saying Pruitt made a mistake. Nothing wrong with acknowledging that.

JG's play demoralized the team.

Pruitt's lack of faith in another QB and allowing JG to continue to go out there and make mistake after mistake with no accountability led to the team giving up.

It is what it is.

Before McGill gets fired up, I'm not saying "Fire Pruitt". I'm saying Pruitt made a mistake. Nothing wrong with acknowledging that.
Made a mistake or did what he had to? It seems like he doesn't have any faith in another QB so I don't think he had any other option

Made a mistake or did what he had to? It seems like he doesn't have any faith in another QB so I don't think he had any other option
Call it what you want, but it all comes back to coaching. We know what we have in JG. If another QB isn't prepared to play, that still falls on coaching. JG has not been held accountable for his mistakes like other players. Another player screws up, they get pulled from the game and get their ass chewed on the sideline. JG screws up, he stays in the game and gets coddled, and we later hear how it wasn't his fault when it obviously was. The truth is, we have a horrible QB problem, but that still comes back to the coaches and their inability to develop the position with the players they have. Again, this is not a "Fire Pruitt" rant. I think Pruitt will eventually get it turned around. But valid criticism is valid criticism. He screwed up.

Call it what you want, but it all comes back to coaching. We know what we have in JG. If another QB isn't prepared to play, that still falls on coaching. JG has not been held accountable for his mistakes like other players. Another player screws up, they get pulled from the game and get their ass chewed on the sideline. JG screws up, he stays in the game and gets coddled, and we later hear how it wasn't his fault when it obviously was. The truth is, we have a horrible QB problem, but that still comes back to the coaches and their inability to develop the position with the players they have. Again, this is not a "Fire Pruitt" rant. I think Pruitt will eventually get it turned around. But valid criticism is valid criticism. He screwed up.
I agree with you its on the coaches to have another guy ready that they can go to or a plan if they have to play a freshman. What confuses me more is how we have so many returning starters on defense but we have had trouble lining up correctly. I also agree its a little too soon for the Fire Pruitt and it won't shouldn't happen this year. But if he doesn't close strong he should be on the hot seat going into next year

Considering taking a permanent vacation from this place

Put the idiots on mute. I was against the mute function for a long time, but a couple of clowns here kept saying clownish things, presenting bait as good-faith.. Good faith arguments in that no bad words or insults were used, but bad faith in the sense that they had logic blockers on.

You'll see a lot of arguing against air, but at least the stupid parts will be gone.

Put the idiots on mute. I was against the mute function for a long time, but a couple of clowns here kept saying clownish things, presenting bait as good-faith.. Good faith arguments in that no bad words or insults were used, but bad faith in the sense that they had logic blockers on.

You'll see a lot of arguing against air, but at least the stupid parts will be gone.
Yeah I’ll be doing some of that later, no doubt. Thank you, regardless, buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back