Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, why is everyone assuming that JG is Pruitt’s choice alone. I know, I know - he is the head coach. But I doubt that he is going against Weinke and Chaney in this decision. HC have to rely on their position coaches to make these decisions.

It is ultimately Pruitt’s responsibility, but if Chaney and Weinke cannot produce better results in QB room they need to go.
That last sentence is so true

Reactions: VolsNUT
I think this staff is not recruiting enough good players and they also keep flip flopping players positions and position coaches so how are they supposed to really develop into anything?
We aren't going to out recruit Bama, UGA, or UF. We just aren't. And probably won't for what looks like a very long time. So we need to develop the talent we have and out coach then on the field..... Herein lies the problem lol.

Reactions: tennvols77
BTW, why is everyone assuming that JG is Pruitt’s choice alone. I know, I know - he is the head coach. But I doubt that he is going against Weinke and Chaney in this decision. HC have to rely on their position coaches to make these decisions.

It is ultimately Pruitt’s responsibility, but if Chaney and Weinke cannot produce better results in QB room they need to go.
Chaney tried but Pruitt kept 2 in the bama game for way longer than expected

Reactions: UTSuave’
I've reached the point where what's happened has happened. It's all bout what happens the rest of the season now. Sure, the KY loss shouldn't have happened, but Bama was always expected to be a loss this year. It is what it is. Now we move on. Hopefully some things get fixed and we finish the season strong. If we're lucky, maybe we'll land a couple more big names in recruiting. Who really knows with how fickle these kids are nowadays? But it's no use wallowing in self-pity and misery. Life goes on.

I've reached the point where what's happened has happened. It's all bout what happens the rest of the season now. Sure, the KY loss shouldn't have happened, but Bama was always expected to be a loss this year. It is what it is. Now we move on. Hopefully some things get fixed and we finish the season strong. If we're lucky, maybe we'll land a couple more big names in recruiting. Who really knows with how fickle these kids are nowadays? But it's no use wallowing in self-pity and misery. Life goes on.
Underrated, under appreciated post

I agree that we have to move on (so does Pruitt, btw—and you know what I’m talking about).

However, I will never forgive Pruitt for that Kentucky game. He could win us a national title, but that will forever be a stain on his legacy, at least as far as I’m concerned.

I agree that we have to move on (so does Pruitt, btw—and you know what I’m talking about).

However, I will never forgive Pruitt for that Kentucky game. He could win us a national title, but that will forever be a stain on his legacy, at least as far as I’m concerned.
He wins us a NC and I'll forgive a lot. I forgave Phil for that Memphis loss with Peyton as our QB.

You feel the same about Johnny Majors?

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
You feel the same about Johnny Majors?

If you’re talking about 84, then no. That game was competitive (still embarrassing, though).

And I don’t fault people if this year’s loss doesn’t bother them, or if they’re just ready to forget it. It’s healthier if you feel that way.

But I can’t. I don’t know why, but that one will stick with me forever. I knew it even during the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back