Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same. I was firmly comfortable with that idea because contrary to perception, JG has been relatively secure with the ball in his career.

I’m at the point now, where maybe we have been thinking about QB all wrong. We need a playmaker at the position. Someone who just makes plays.
Limit the offense because you’re afraid of mistakes and you’re unprepared when they happen anyway.

Limit the offense because you’re afraid of mistakes and you’re unprepared when they happen anyway.

I’m still in Pruitt’s corner, but he has been adamant about not playing afraid. Then it seems he makes the QB decision based on who best minimizes mistakes. Feels counterintuitive.

That said, I believed him up until Kentucky, that JG gave us the best chance to win. I just think after the last 6 quarters it’s really hard to say / believe that going forward.

Last edited:
I think the idea that Pruitt is so conscious and concerned about what fans think that he would maneuver his QB situation to “make a point” or to “justify” to Billy in section MM is just...well...silly.

Pruitt ain’t worried about what we think, and what we think has zero influence over who plays on Saturdays. Right, wrong, or whatever, he plays the people he thinks give them the best chance to win.

Let’s see how this plays out the next 2-3 weeks.
I never said he was justifying it to the fans. I absolutely think he is justifying it to coaches, players, and possibly even himself.

My point is that at some point you replace JG because he isn't good enough. Period. This business of "Well this isn't working, let's try someone else". We should be past the point of "trying" someone. Pick one or two QBs, say "These are the guys for the rest of the year", and go through the necessary growing pains.

Because Shrout threw an interception on his one pass attempt, last week ? I hope u are wrong, JG has been allowed to make hundreds a mistakes, surely Shrout gets another chance after only one mistake and 3 plays. I'm not saying Shrout is the answer at QB, but I would like to see more of a sample size, than one pass attempt and 3 plays

No, because Shrout was a major project when they signed him who was barely getting D1 looks. He and JG have been the only two QBs consistently healthy / available since the start of fall camp and it seems he just isn’t getting it.

I think many on here just think he was a Hail Mary in Pruitt’s first class that under normal circumstances would not have been offered a scholly.

I never said he was justifying it to the fans. I absolutely think he is justifying it to coaches, players, and possibly even himself.

My point is that at some point you replace JG because he isn't good enough. Period. This business of "Well this isn't working, let's try someone else". We should be past the point of "trying" someone. Pick one or two QBs, say "These are the guys for the rest of the year", and go through the necessary growing pains.

Gotcha. I definitely agree the best thing for Pruitt is probably to just pick two (my preference would be Maurer + Bailey), and strip the offense down to what they feel comfortable doing, and embrace the process of rebuilding at QB.

No, because Shrout was a major project when they signed him who was barely getting D1 looks. He and JG have been the only two QBs consistently healthy / available since the start of fall camp and it seems he just isn’t getting it.

I think many on here just think he was a Hail Mary in Pruitt’s first class that under normal circumstances would not have been offered a scholly.
You saved me from typing it myself, thanks 👍

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
I’m not defending Kirby.

Suave just happens to be wrong about this one is all. UGA was getting blown out and lost plenty of games they should’ve have when Butch was here.

They are now more talented - no debate - and they are putting together better results on the field.
O yea, well, Kirby still blows man😎

Last edited:
Reactions: MarcoVol

Makes a little more sense if he was taken back off scholarship...could see that leading to a salty situation

Don't think he was still on scholarship. I believe the walk-ons who were awarded scholarships last year had to go back off scholarship this year to make the numbers work.
- Callahan

Not good enough for me. Shrout has an elite arm, that penalty killed that series and everybody on Georgia's defense, coaching staff, in the stands and watching on TV, knew he would throw the ball on 3rd and long. Yes, he forced and should have never had thrown that ball, but he was trying to make something happening. Let's see Shrout get a couple of series where he is not playing behind the sticks because of a penalty and/or worried he has to make something happen before he is yanked. The season has changed, now. Gotta build for the future, give all the back-ups a few series, imo. Won't have any effect on who is winning this game, anyway, probably

Reactions: volfan4lyfe
Literally zero reason to not start him. It better be Maurer and Bailey that take the reps verse Bama.
You literally CANT get worse than being blown out 34-7 by Kentucky at home. JG just shouldn’t see the field the rest of the year unless our other three QB and Holiday are out for the year.

A good OC can help a QB out by calling plays to punish an over aggressive pass rush. I don't think that has been an option with JG because he struggles with timing and short passes. Particularly screens or any passes behind the line of scrimmage. What if a young QB can make those throws and make a defense pay for blitzing?

A good OC can help a QB out by calling plays to punish an over aggressive pass rush. I don't think that has been an option with JG because he struggles with timing and short passes. Particularly screens or any passes behind the line of scrimmage. What if a young QB can make those throws and make a defense pay for blitzing?
Let’s all hope and pray Bailey is that man. We’ve been handcuffed for what seems forever now with our qb position. If Bailey is legit we won’t know how to act in here. Lol

This is how I feel, I have a 5 year old that I want to sit and enjoy football with. Do I teach him to be a vol fan or another team. I grew up in the glory days like the rest of you guys. But how much heart ache and suffering can one take before saying enough is enough.

I understand the frustration, but if your fandom depends on the team winning, I'm thinking you need to find something else to do. Or root for Bama. And please, for the sake of the kid, don't teach him that's what being a fan is about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back