Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

While the first Vipers had ONLY 400 horsepower, the 5th generation Vipers (2013-2017) had a 511 cubic inch engine with 640 hp and 600 ft/lbs torque, all at a weight of 3285 pounds. Probably 500 pounds lighter than a V8 Mustang and 180 more horsepower and 180 more ft/lbs of torque. That is the standard V8 Mustang specs. Obviously, they have had models (Shelby, etc.) with more than that.

For me the Cobra Daytona Coupe has always been THE car. The Ferrari GTO - '62-64 had a lot of the same look. The Viper has some lines that made it interesting in the same way. Chevy never even tried with the Vette as far as I'm concerned - just a succession of mediocre with some big brute engines every now and then. While I might drool over a GT-40 - the early ones, the Daytona Coupe was simply THE car.

Shelby_Daytona,_1964.jpg

CHANNEL TN (@CHANNEL_TN_) Tweeted:
What a throw by Maurer https://t.co/2J4XAJfofU

Posting this everywhere today...reminder that with a decent QB our Vols are explosive and fun to watch. Really hoping BM gets mucho playing time this week...and until HB learns enough of our offense to really compete. CjP said he has had so little snaps this fall that they just called a handful of plays for HB on Friday that they were sure he would remember from practice....

JG is 9wins and 17losses as a starter.

35% winning %... 1 in 3

Worst UT passer in my 43 years.

Damn disgrace .

I have a lot of respect for JG and the way he hangs in there and for the way he bounces back after the punishment he takes, but I sincerely hope his playing days at TN are over. Shrout doesn't impress me. Mauer seems to light up the team, but seems fragile. The best hope is that HB turns out well, but he's pro style, and I think Dobbs demonstrated a more mobile QB is the way to win. I'm not convinced we have the right QB on the team yet, and in deference to hog that's not a good look for Pruitt. I've always thought a QB who stays in the pocket makes the offense play like it has 10 (maybe 10 1/2) players, but a real mobile QB puts it back at 11 and puts a bigger burden on the opposing defense.

I have a lot of respect for JG and the way he hangs in there and for the way he bounces back after the punishment he takes, but I sincerely hope his playing days at TN are over. Shrout doesn't impress me. Mauer seems to light up the team, but seems fragile. The best hope is that HB turns out well, but he's pro style, and I think Dobbs demonstrated a more mobile QB is the way to win. I'm not convinced we have the right QB on the team yet, and in deference to hog that's not a good look for Pruitt. I've always thought a QB who stays in the pocket makes the offense play like it has 10 (maybe 10 1/2) players, but a real mobile QB puts it back at 11 and puts a bigger burden on the opposing defense.

Salter, our VERY committed QB coming in next year is a true mobile QB and may just start from day 1 honestly. High 4 star, can run and pass well, and stated Sunday without anyone asking on Twitter that he is All Vol and has no desire to back out of his commitment to UT...

Go to the recruiting forum and watch some tape on him. Salter is a beast...HB will have his hands full next season trying to win the job from hopefully Maurer and Salter.

Reactions: AM64
This whole week seems like the hangman walking us to the gallows. Getting too old not to walk into TSoO without hope.

Correction; TSiO..knew that did not look right.

Last edited:
Reactions: AM64 and McDad
Salter, our VERY committed QB coming in next year is a true mobile QB and may just start from day 1 honestly. High 4 star, can run and pass well, and stated Sunday without anyone asking on Twitter that he is All Vol and has no desire to back out of his commitment to UT...

Go to the recruiting forum and watch some tape on him. Salter is a beast...HB will have his hands full next season trying to win the job from hopefully Maurer and Salter.

I've seen a few things about him, but I tend to stay away from a lot of the recruiting stuff. JG was very highly rated and sought after - sometimes recruits work and sometimes they don't and sometimes they would perhaps be better on a different team. I sincerely hope Salter has a future at TN; a guy who runs and passes just really changes the dynamics. I wish we could have a perpetual Dobbs (a bit better in the passing department though).

Do we know who is going to start on Saturday?

VN Store

Back