Energy of this program and its supporters

VolGirl05

...for at least 15 years now and counting.

Okay in all seriousness, perhaps some of us need to read up a little on quantum physics to begin to understand the impact of the mindset around this program and it’s fanbase on the outcomes we’re seeing.

You wanna lose more? Focus on losses, negatives, past hurt, and fear of getting hopes up.
You wanna turn things around and be Tennessee again? Then get into that vibe and don’t let anything change that.

But then again, that’s just woo-woo, pure scientific fact and immutable law of the universe. By all means, continue in the current cycle of despair and expect change if you’d rather. ;)

That’s all. Oh, and buck Fama. :D

I know some big donors who still have their boxes but they've pulled back on the extra tix they buy. For local ET folks there is still an affection for UT and they will never give up on UT football.

So you think fans complaining is creating bad teams? I see no correlation. And for the record I think we have one of the most amazing and passionate fan bases in all of sports. We’ve literally sucked for 15+ years and yet still sell out 100k plus seats at our stadium.
But we won’t accept mediocrity. We pour too much into our love of the team. We see a lot of teams struggle but then eventually get it figured out and were ready for our turn. Most of us weren’t excited when fulmer chose Pruitt. He’s a life long bammer and has never been a head coach. But ultimately, we all got on board and have supported the heck out of this dude. We’re still supporting him ultimately. But again...we’re not settling for bs anymore. He needs to get Jg off the damn field and bust his ass. This is likely the only chance he’ll ever have at being a head coach (unless he succeeds) so he needs to get it together. Now!!!

...for at least 15 years now and counting.

Okay in all seriousness, perhaps some of us need to read up a little on quantum physics to begin to understand the impact of the mindset around this program and it’s fanbase on the outcomes we’re seeing.

You wanna lose more? Focus on losses, negatives, past hurt, and fear of getting hopes up.
You wanna turn things around and be Tennessee again? Then get into that vibe and don’t let anything change that.

But then again, that’s just woo-woo, pure scientific fact and immutable law of the universe. By all means, continue in the current cycle of despair and expect change if you’d rather. ;)

That’s all. Oh, and buck Fama. :D

Well...one might also say that by supporting mediocrity (at best) and throwing continued justification and excuse at the ineptness, enables the powers that be to continue to cluster-*#&$ the UT Football program.

I believe that UT is paying more annually for their Head Coach than Saban makes. Why? Because of unsound hiring practices for years and years and years and years and years (see where I'm going?). We have been paying for more than one Head Coach at a time for so long, it's easy to forget that hiring one proven coach in one of these searches, and paying the premium to do so, would have been much cheaper in the long run. Our latest answer: lets hire someone with zero division 1 Head Coaching experience to turn things around. It's a dart throw at best. Don't blame the support of the fan base. We hype ourselves up every year to support a team that we have blind hopes for. Myself, included.

If you step back and look at this in a business sense (and this is certainly a business), companies that put out an inferior product, hire unproven managers to salvage said inferior product, then throw more support behind a product that is not meeting/exceeding the standard of success expected, GO OUT OF BUSINESS. That's where some fans are at with Tennessee Football, and I can understand that.

As for me, I believe that until Tennessee hires a big name, proven Coach...not someone the AD thinks he can control/won't steal his thunder, without seeking a cheap solution, we will continue to have the one of the highest payrolls in college football without the success of any other top 20 program to show for it. As far as support, I'll watch every football and basketball game. I'll buy UT gear for basketball. I won't intentionally financially support the football program in any way. Money talks.

Enable away!

Last edited:
So you think fans complaining is creating bad teams? I see no correlation. And for the record I think we have one of the most amazing and passionate fan bases in all of sports. We’ve literally sucked for 15+ years and yet still sell out 100k plus seats at our stadium.
But we won’t accept mediocrity. We pour too much into our love of the team. We see a lot of teams struggle but then eventually get it figured out and were ready for our turn. Most of us weren’t excited when fulmer chose Pruitt. He’s a life long bammer and has never been a head coach. But ultimately, we all got on board and have supported the heck out of this dude. We’re still supporting him ultimately. But again...we’re not settling for bs anymore. He needs to get Jg off the damn field and bust his ass. This is likely the only chance he’ll ever have at being a head coach (unless he succeeds) so he needs to get it together. Now!!!

Oh I couldn't agree more. I think the loyalty and passion of the Tennessee fan base is unmatched. I remember seeing a video from Neyland with 102,000 strong singing 'Rocky Top' at the top of their lungs, and this was for a *1-4* team with no recent championships and none within reach at the time. Tennessee fans are like no others, and it's one of the most incredible things about being a part of this ride.

I just wish they knew the power of their energy and intentions.

To say the fans on here are wrong is nonsense.
We're talking 20 years of middle of the pack SEC football .
I wouldn't complain one bit if we were at least appearing in the SEC championship for a chance for the playoff at least 1 out of every 4 years.
That all I expect , is that too much when you have 100,000 paying customers.
Not counting spending money on concessions, apparel and other things.

Reactions: GlennTenn
I have never followed another team but our fans are Bi-polar as you can get. maybey its all the chemicals leaching into the drinking water

Theres a difference in being a negavol and what I have become.

I have just become indifferent. I just don't care about this weekend. Will I watch it? I'm pretty sure I will have the time to and so yes, I intend to. I still love football and prefer to watch orange and white and pull for those players to be successful.

I would bet a large portion of UT fans have become this way.

Theres a difference in being a negavol and what I have become.

I have just become indifferent. I just don't care about this weekend. Will I watch it? I'm pretty sure I will have the time to and so yes, I intend to. I still love football and prefer to watch orange and white and pull for those players to be successful.

I would bet a large portion of UT fans have become this way.

I'm just glad the Titans are good this year. My fandom has really swung more to the NFL now.

Oh? I was in the stands to watch Jabar Gaffney drop that "touchdown pass." I was in the stands to watch David Greene throw that pass to Verron Haynes. I stood for four quarters in the dome watching Matt Mauck sneak his way to the SECCG. I sat on the front row of the upper deck for four hours in a rainstorm so heavy I couldn't see Casey Clausen fumble the snap twice in a row. Took me two days to dry off from that one. I was at LP Field to watch that stupid official say "that's the end of the game" and then somehow decide to give North Carolina a free play and a free field goal kick to win. And speaking of kicks, I was in the stands to watch Butch elect to kick that stupid field goal from the half yard line and waste the most electric home crowd I'd seen in Knoxville in a decade by choking to Bob Stoops. I have sat through enough awful games to know that my "vibe" has very little to do with the outcome of the games. Because I was at all of those games and I was positive -- POSITIVE -- that Tennessee would win 'em all. I yelled myself hoarse every time out because I knew it would make a difference. Of course I did. I'm Big Orange now and will be Big Orange until my last day comes to rob me of my life precious. But my positivity before the games, and my cheering during the games, all that? It had very little to do with the outcome. And by very little, I mean none. Well, maybe one of those false starts in the Oklahoma game. That was a good one.

So in short, I think it's understandable for Tennessee fans to be guarded these days. Or out of the vibe. Or whatever. And I don't blame anyone at all for it. We've been on Mr. Bones' Vol Ride plenty. I think we just want off -- hopefully someday soon. And for the time being I think "hopefully someday soon" will have to do for positivity.

Last edited:
How about - an object in motion stays in motion.
or as scientist have said for 4 years...

A Guarantano causing catastrophe stays causing catastrophe.

Reactions: tbh

VN Store

Back