Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Bailey plays most of the game against Bama, I expect it to not be pretty, but I’m totally in for it. Growth is rarely fun, and we need some dudes to start growing because JG is not going to improve anymore
We aren't playing for anything now. There is no shot we win the east, and we're getting a bowl game no matter what. We'll be a better team in 2021 if we get the young guys experience in a meaningless 2020 season. Bailey will be better for 2021 if he plays in 2020. Youth movement. Do it.

i agree with this.

that said, we can't on one hand tout voltwitter and as an asset, but not also recognize that it can turn people off when it goes "the other way".
I still think Twitter is the devil.

OIP.qdOGOKzt9FX3dEGchU-jrQHaEK

I still cannot believe we have Pruitt an extension after only 2 years. That IMMEDIATELY backfired
we're not there yet. to me, Saturday was the first "bad sign" i've seen.

let's just not make it a trend, and while i won't be signing up to bet the mortgage on any huge wins this season....there are still those opportunities to do so. with Bama, FL, Auburn and aTm still on the schedule, redemption awaits.

we aren't to the point where we can cast that wide of net....and i honestly hope we don't get there. but Saturday did get me shook.....really thought those kinds of games were well in our past, especially agianst that kind of opponent.

We lost to KY in Neyland Stadium for the first time since !984. I think that's more serious than you're giving it credit for.
agreed.

i was 11 years old the last time it happened. the margin of victory for UK was the widest margin of victory for UK in this series since the 30's.

it was an all time win for UK, and all time L for us....

not what you want to be known for if your roaming the sidelines here.

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
It will hurt recruiting. A negative corrosive atmosphere always hurts recruiting.
What hurts recruiting more than any other single area is trust. If a player doesn't believe a coach can develop them to their full potential and a possible shot playing competing at a high level with shot at the pros for extremely highly rated recruits they seek other programs.

While it does have an affect you give it way too much weight on their decision. It's business. And the fans see what the recruits see.

let's just not make it a trend, and while i won't be signing up to bet the mortgage on any huge wins this season....there are still those opportunities to do so. with Bama, FL, Auburn and aTm still on the schedule, redemption awaits.

we aren't to the point where we can cast that wide of net....and i honestly hope we don't get there. but Saturday did get me shook.....really thought those kinds of games were well in our past, especially agianst that kind of opponent.
I got "shook" with JG's play in the second half of the UGA game. KY was just a total collapse. If it were California, it would have fallen into the ocean. We cannot continue to trot JG out there and pretend things are fine.

I think GA state was the first jmo

Random thought, but has anybody noticed whether or not Dominic Bailey has been getting on the field much or heard any news on him? I’ve seen Omari out there, but haven’t heard much on Bailey. Would be nice to get both these guys solid reps this year as I think they can both be difference makers in the middle for the future.
That's a good question, I thought he would be a factor. I suspect we see many new faces after the bye week though

I think GA state was the first jmo
that's fine, and i can't argue that for obvious reasons.

but lots of good coaches have inexplicable losses on their resume....early in your career, you have a little leeway. i'm fine giving it. even as bad as that was. and you had the well documented "bounce back" performances from the mid way point on....so they redeemed themselves with the finish last season imo.

the problem is if we continue to see stuff like that, hence my belief that peformances like Saturday were in the rear view.

they should be. apparently they're not. ugh.

What hurts recruiting more than any other single area is trust. If a player doesn't believe a coach can develop them to their full potential and a possible shot playing competing at a high level with shot at the pros for extremely highly rated recruits they seek other programs.

While it does have an affect you give it way too much weight on their decision. It's business. And the fans see what the recruits see.
Very much this. What's happening on the field has a much bigger effect on recruiting than disgruntled fans. They see the collapses. They see when players give up. They see the coaching mistakes. And they take that into account. If we see it, they see it. Pruitt still has a chance to fix things, and if he does, they'll see that too, but, and I hate to keep harping on it, that involves not putting JG back out there to collapse again. I absolutely believe JG's play has affected the rest of this team, whether they're willing to admit it or not. How can you not be demoralized when your QB puts you in a hole?

Agreed.

None of us would have expected Kentucky to throttle us. By that same measure, it’s just as likely we’re surprised in the other direction now that we think the sky is falling.

Just gotta try to win every week.

don’t think that’s correct

The extension is already in place he just declined to take more $ this year due to to Covid
The extension starts next year, the raise starts next year...it doesn’t “kick in” til next year.

Agreed.

None of us would have expected Kentucky to throttle us. By that same measure, it’s just as likely we’re surprised in the other direction now that we think the sky is falling.

Just gotta try to win every week.
It's gut check time for coaches and players both, IMO.

Reactions: OrangenSC
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back