Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
So was UGA's defense really legit or was JG's "Tell" the reason they were able to pin their ears back ?

The announcer's mentioned several times about him moving his hands a certain way letting the defense know the snap was imminent.

I guess he could start but if he makes a mistake, he has to be pulled because he becomes "Deer in headlights JG". So, that means we need another quarterback who can dig us out of a hole and win a game. We kind of did this last year with Maurer but since Harrison will possibly be our future, might want to start working out with him and get the rust off.

And JG might work better as second string (again last year) because it takes pressure off him. If the game play starts going to hell, he can come in and be hero. Jeremy surely remembers the first part of last year and what he had to do to save it?

Reactions: InVOLuntary
So was UGA's defense really legit or was JG's "Tell" the reason they were able to pin their ears back ?

The announcer's mentioned several times about him moving his hands a certain way letting the defense know the snap was imminent.
They looked bad last night. I think Bama was the first legit team Kriby played and that quarterback may just be too short. They kept batting his balls like the Dodgers did in game three of the NLCS with the Braves.

UGA lost because Stetson Bennett IV is just a wittle guy and couldn't throw the ball over all those bigguns bama has up front.

Bama was able to do what I talked about last week... Put UGA's offense in a stressful position where they had to keep pace. It made them more predictable, and bama has more than enough talent on defense to do it.

And bama's WR's are RIDICULOUS....

I really need to stop putting so much time into this team.. from the reading all the stuff leading up to the game.. just makes the game worse.... for my health, sanity, I really need to stop caring so much about football..

There are about 4 teams that will be in the playoffs every year. And recruits will only go to those 4 schools. College football is not what it once was
I feel ya. I’m debating not watching us play live anymore. I am on pins and needles during the game and am usually short with my wife and daughter during that time. Just sets me up for being in a bad mood and taking it out on the wrong people. I think I need to start recording them and checking final score. If we win, watch it...lose and delete it.

I feel ya. I’m debating not watching us play live anymore. I am on pins and needles during the game and am usually short with my wife and daughter during that time. Just sets me up for being in a bad mood and taking it out on the wrong people. I think I need to start recording them and checking final score. If we win, watch it...lose and delete it.

This is where I'm at. The only thing that bothers me about this approach is that I'm going to miss the '21 season due to work.

Coaches: JG gives us the best chance to win.
Fans: JG gives us the best chance to lose.
Reality: Both.

Well said.

If we get lucky and his strip sack fumble isn’t lost or his bad pass is dropped by the defense he can be a serviceable SEC qb But if the defense takes advantage of the mistakes he’s going to make he’s going to crumble like a cookie. Mentally weak front runner is what he is.

Reactions: GroverCleveland
UGA lost because Stetson Bennett IV is just a wittle guy and couldn't throw the ball over all those bigguns bama has up front.

Bama was able to do what I talked about last week... Put UGA's offense in a stressful position where they had to keep pace. It made them more predictable, and bama has more than enough talent on defense to do it.

And bama's WR's are RIDICULOUS....
So they had a second half like we did last week.

Covid and 2020 has taken the edge off games for me. I have a feeling I was worse to my family than you post about with yours but things are different for me. It just doesn’t like the slogan says mean more to me anymore and that was before the losses.

It'll still be UGA vs ALA in the SEC Championship. Wouldn't be surprised in UGA won it, just to get beat by Clemson or Alabama in the playoffs. I'm having déjà vu, have I been here before?

Reactions: BruinVol
The sad thing about this is...I now realize we don't have a performance in us that would equate to a program changing win/upset. And our opponents in those games don't appear to have it in them to play at a level that would allow a team like us to win a game like that.

Two things I thought exactly opposite on 24 hours ago.

Most of you know I'm generally pretty even keel on my reactions... But yesterday makes it feel like we're at that fork in the road.... Again.

And the only thing we as fans have seen the past 15 years is the wrong fork taken....

Probably why confidence is so low right now.
Ugh. This sucks.

Maybe it's QB play, maybe Pruitt needs to do a lot of growing still. I'm open to several possibilities.

But I can't believe we're right back to "shake up the entire assistant staff and rotate thru another recruiting cycle. That has to be it". Even tho it's already happened once with the current and repeatedly with every other coach during our decade+ of misery.
It should just become our motto.

I'd start with Herb Hand at Texas. Veteran coach with SEC experience. Also makes around $200,000 less than what Will Friend is pocketing.

I'll second what @butchna said - Texas fans will gladly pay Herb Hand's moving expenses to get him to Knoxville tomorrow if we wanted him. He's missed on a historically great class of OL recruits in the 2021 class in Texas, including two legacies of a former Texas player. When Hand took over in 2018 the OL was decent that year, then has steadily regressed under his tutelage and is arguably the worst position group on the team right now (but that's a hotly contested honor on Texas this year).

Reactions: butchna
We are in big trouble if Pruitt doesn’t right the ship this season. We can’t afford to not recruit well. I don’t know what we are trying to do on offense but our offense has been terrible since Pruitt got here. I’m starting to worry a lot of it is because of him and the style he wants to play. Not having a QB who is better than one of the worst QBs to ever put on the Orange and White in three years is unacceptable. If this isn’t Baileys team going forward, I am not sure Pruitt will make it. I doubt we can beat any team remaining if we keep playing JG. This team showed that they are ready to quit and if Pruitt doesn’t make a change, he could lose them and we could have a catastrophic season. I want Pruitt to be the guy and for our sake I hope he is, but I am losing faith very quickly.

Maybe it's QB play, maybe Pruitt needs to do a lot of growing still. I'm open to several possibilities.

But I can't believe we're right back to "shake up the entire assistant staff and rotate thru another recruiting cycle. That has to be it". Even tho it's already happened once with the current and repeatedly with every other coach during our decade+ of misery.
agreed.
It is more than that. And we are still very much in program development mode. We all, I think, still knew that going in to this season.

Yesterday's performance.......... Even knowing we're still in that mode..... Is inexplicable.... So bad all the way around.....

It didn't exactly fit the narrative of taking steps in the right direction... Which, again, until yesterday I believed we were/are.

1603024953050.gif

The sad thing about this is...I now realize we don't have a performance in us that would equate to a program changing win/upset. And our opponents in those games don't appear to have it in them to play at a level that would allow a team like us to win a game like that.

Two things I thought exactly opposite on 24 hours ago.

Most of you know I'm generally pretty even keel on my reactions... But yesterday makes it feel like we're at that fork in the road.... Again.

And the only thing we as fans have seen the past 15 years is the wrong fork taken....

Probably why confidence is so low right now.
Ugh. This sucks.
Agree my confidence is about the same after the G STATES game. We have to get an offensive system that it doesn't take a genius to run . I'm confused by how bad we looked yesterday, did Georgia just beat us twice ? Hope we over looked KY and looked forward to bama. I know this is wishful thinking but I love my football team and I'm very confused besides the horrible QB play where all the problems lie .

It’s just occurring to me the common denominator in all of this is one thing. The university of Tennessee. There is something wrong with our program, somewhere, that has not been fixed. There is a reason we are seeing the same problems in year 3, under the 4th head coach and countless assistant coaches. What is it?

We are in big trouble if Pruitt doesn’t right the ship this season. We can’t afford to not recruit well. I don’t know what we are trying to do on offense but our offense has been terrible since Pruitt got here. I’m starting to worry a lot of it is because of him and the style he wants to play. Not having a QB who is better than one of the worst QBs to ever put on the Orange and White in three years is unacceptable. If this isn’t Baileys team going forward, I am not sure Pruitt will make it. I doubt we can beat any team remaining if we keep playing JG. This team showed that they are ready to quit and if Pruitt doesn’t make a change, he could lose them and we could have a catastrophic season. I want Pruitt to be the guy and for our sake I hope he is, but I am losing faith very quickly.
We said the same thing last year. Jg won games down the stretch.

I don't necessarily disagree... Overall....But for the future the QB is the biggest deal we have to address.

It is, along with the o line he inherited, the biggest issue the program has had.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back