Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not pining. He's a better overall option than Friend. Of course hiring someone not on the staff would be a better option but I'm just using the example of Pruitt shuffling what he currently has.
I don’t think he is...at least not to satisfy the latest outcry.

Ideally Chaney retires and Chip Long is promoted and given full reigns of the offense. Then Weinke and Friend walk with Osovet taking over Qbs. Follow that by hiring an elite Oline coach.
Got a name for one of those? Somebody floated Kentucky’s...I don’t think that’s doable now.

I really need to stop putting so much time into this team.. from the reading all the stuff leading up to the game.. just makes the game worse.... for my health, sanity, I really need to stop caring so much about football..

There are about 4 teams that will be in the playoffs every year. And recruits will only go to those 4 schools. College football is not what it once was

Few post-Kentucky random thougths

• Being a Tennessee Volunteers fan is a painful existence anymore. I wish I could quit, because truth be told, I'm sincerely questioning whether or not we will ever be "great" again. Feels like we're just a misguided fanbase along with Michigan and Nebraska - thinking we're going to return to an era that is long gone.
  • Such a disheartening game. I thought we were past these types of performances. That reeked of tail end of '18.
  • I know this year doesn't count towards eligibility, but honestly I hope none of our remaining '16/'17 kids decide to come back. I want to shut the door on that entire era. Looking at you specifically Shamburger. Edit: Trey Smith the obv only exception
  • I can see why uga was fine letting Jim Chaney go. I see nothing unique, creative, deceptive, or otherwise giving us an advantage when it comes to his offensive gameplans.
  • Don't ever tell me Chaney is a QB whisperer either. VQ guys love to say that - but he's been here two years and JG is still trash, and JT Shrout isn't worth a damn either.
  • For the first time - I'm seriously questioning if coach Pruitt is the man for the job. Our defense just isn't very good. DB guru but we can't stop a slant or the middle of the field to save our fkn lives. Its embarrassing.
  • Not only that but he's been saying forever JG "gives us the best chance to win." Fkn really? Then what the hell are we doing at the position?
  • And to pile on - I'm not finding him to be the elite recruiter he gets credit for. Sure, kids love him, he keeps it real, but more times than not we come in second place on the big fish. Even to in state kids who's family loves Tennessee. We had a great May, but I'd be very surprised if a number of those big fish didn't decommit before its all said and done.
  • Fire Weinke
  • Fire Friend. Elite offensive lineman but they get their manhood taken from them a lot. Lets not forget were a muffed punt from potentially being 1-3.
  • Darnell Wright is Drew Richmond.
  • Velus Jones was a waste of an initial counter. Average returner and offensive production hasn't been there.
  • I don't have much actual thought on the game because honestly there isn't much worthwhile to say. Just glad it was a 12'oclock game and a beautiful Saturday. Turned it off at the start of the 4th and enjoyed the day with the kids.
  • I sincerely regret every halfway positive thing I've ever said about JG. He is garbage and I wish I could fast forward to the day when he isn't the QB1 anymore. But I guarantee Pruitt trots him out there next week. It might not matter, as we don't stand a chance against Alabama - but optics wise, it sucks. Just roll Shrout and let him get destroyed, then give Bailey run the remainder of the year. If Mauer and Shrout both want to transfer because of that, no biggie.
  • Makes my heart smile that uga got destroyed in the second half today. EAD kirby and curse you for making me root for saban. Only bad news is, uga and ua might as well fast forward to the SECCG now, and the rest of college football is so bad that even the loser of that game likely goes to the playoffs.

I really need to stop putting so much time into this team.. from the reading all the stuff leading up to the game.. just makes the game worse.... for my health, sanity, I really need to stop caring so much about football..

Spot on. I live and breath this stuff. Even this week I'll listen to every podcast and read every tweet, and spend countless time on these forums. I wish I was more of a generic casual fan. You know - the kind you see out in town wearing your teams shirt and you ask if they saw the game, and they respond with "Naw, when did they play." Such peace it must be to be that guy.

Few post-Kentucky random thougths

• Being a Tennessee Volunteers fan is a painful existence anymore. I wish I could quit, because truth be told, I'm sincerely questioning whether or not we will ever be "great" again. Feels like we're just a misguided fanbase along with Michigan and Nebraska - thinking we're going to return to an era that is long gone.
  • Such a disheartening game. I thought we were past these types of performances. That reeked of tail end of '18.
  • I know this year doesn't count towards eligibility, but honestly I hope none of our remaining '16/'17 kids decide to come back. I want to shut the door on that entire era. Looking at you specifically Shamburger. Edit: Trey Smith the obv only exception
  • I can see why uga was fine letting Jim Chaney go. I see nothing unique, creative, deceptive, or otherwise giving us an advantage when it comes to his offensive gameplans.
  • Don't ever tell me Chaney is a QB whisperer either. VQ guys love to say that - but he's been here two years and JG is still trash, and JT Shrout isn't worth a damn either.
  • For the first time - I'm seriously questioning if coach Pruitt is the man for the job. Our defense just isn't very good. DB guru but we can't stop a slant or the middle of the field to save our fkn lives. Its embarrassing.
  • Not only that but he's been saying forever JG "gives us the best chance to win." Fkn really? Then what the hell are we doing at the position?
  • And to pile on - I'm not finding him to be the elite recruiter he gets credit for. Sure, kids love him, he keeps it real, but more times than not we come in second place on the big fish. Even to in state kids who's family loves Tennessee. We had a great May, but I'd be very surprised if a number of those big fish didn't decommit before its all said and done.
  • Fire Weinke
  • Fire Friend. Elite offensive lineman but they get their manhood taken from them a lot. Lets not forget were a muffed punt from potentially being 1-3.
  • Darnell Wright is Drew Richmond.
  • Velus Jones was a waste of an initial counter. Average returner and offensive production hasn't been there.
  • I don't have much actual thought on the game because honestly there isn't much worthwhile to say. Just glad it was a 12'oclock game and a beautiful Saturday. Turned it off at the start of the 4th and enjoyed the day with the kids.
  • I sincerely regret every halfway positive thing I've ever said about JG. He is garbage and I wish I could fast forward to the day when he isn't the QB1 anymore. But I guarantee Pruitt trots him out there next week. It might not matter, as we don't stand a chance against Alabama - but optics wise, it sucks. Just roll Shrout and let him get destroyed, then give Bailey run the remainder of the year. If Mauer and Shrout both want to transfer because of that, no biggie.
  • Makes my heart smile that uga got destroyed in the second half today. EAD kirby and curse you for making me root for saban. Only bad news is, uga and ua might as well fast forward to the SECCG now, and the rest of college football is so bad that even the loser of that game likely goes to the playoffs.
These are my exact feelings. If the major recruits jump ship, do we make a HC change? Honest question, we all know recruiting is the life line of college football and without major recruits JP will not make it as a HC. Ive been A JP supporter, but im having serious doubts.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
These are my exact feelings. If the major recruits jump ship, do we make a HC change? Honest question, we all know recruiting is the life line of college football and without major recruits JP will not make it as a HC. Ive been A JP supporter, but im having serious doubts.
No way Pruitt gets fired this year. If we suck again next year maybe, but Tennessee always waits until the whole thing burns down before they put out the fire so if he has a bad year next year, he'll have one more year then gets fired. Meanwhile, no coach will want to come here so we'll experiment with another unproven guy again.

Last edited:
No way Pruitt gets fired this year. If we suck again next year maybe, but Tennessee always waits grille the whole thing burns down before they put out the fire so if he has a bad year next year, he'll have one more year then gets fired. Meanwhile, no coach will want to come here so we'll experiment with another unproven guy again.
Thats my point. Why prolong the inevitable? Maybe switching some coaches around will help, idk. But, its all about the Joe's. I really hope JP is the guy. Just some really bad losses on his resume.

Thats my point. Why prolong the inevitable? Maybe switching some coaches around will help, idk. But, its all about the Joe's. I really hope JP is the guy. Just some really bad losses on his resume.
Because thats what Tennessee does. No logic or reason. Its always finacial though. The minute lost revenue exceeds the buyout, hes expendable. May as well keep him though, if you can't hire someone that's arguably better.

Reactions: tnhunter 10
JG cannot be coached. Some players are beyond reach. I'm not opposed to replacing Weinke, but it's obvious JG is beyond coachable.
The game has never slowed down for him. The evidence is there. He hasn't really had a game especially against patsies that he absolutely dominated and put up big yardage (maybe Missouri last season). Mentally he is an over confident fighter with a glass jaw.

Dabo had bad losses too. CPF is supporting Pruitt. Hopefully he tells him to make a change at QB. I find it impossible that JG gives us the best chance to win. He threw 2 puck sixes, did he talk to anyone about what he saw....why he did it, the coverage? I mean standing on the sideline staring into space does nothing.

Not hard to bathe in the tears of Georgia fans crying over losing to Bama.

I get it. We're bad. But misery loves company, and I love seeing Dawg fans miserable.
But the mental image of our body fluids intermingling is disgusting.

A horrible FSU team just beat #5. Im ****ing tired of losing. I love me some Pruitt but he is another dumbasss. When can we get a real coach? We're all in here loving the vols but **** its getting old. Did anyone else catch the commentaries feeling sorry for us today? **** that noise man.
1603021959213.gif

Reactions: tdbigo
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back