How is Arkansas better than us? (merged)

Pruitt has had time to establish a culture. This guy was a dud at his initial presser. i don't blame those who wanted to believe, but the writing was on the wall day one. His tenure as Vols coach crested with the 8-game win streak. Now, he's just on the countdown to a massive buyout and an internship at Saban's coach rehab program. Fulmer owns this hire and the stupid extension and his ass needs to be gone before he can do any more damage.

Fight and team energy. If you want to see how much a decent quarterback and leader can re-energize, ignite, and change the whole team dynamic, look at Arkansas

we don’t have that and haven’t for a very long time - I don’t even think the team respects JG. We give up as soon as something bad happens and then it’s over
The Dool's first season we had energy.
Didn't last long.
Have not seen any since.

Reactions: Volbrando
Pruitt has had time to establish a culture. This guy was a dud at his initial presser. i don't blame those who wanted to believe, but the writing was on the wall day one. His tenure as Vols coach crested with the 8-game win streak. Now, he's just on the countdown to a massive buyout and an internship at Saban's coach rehab program. Fulmer owns this hire and the stupid extension and his ass needs to be gone before he can do any more damage.

Our roster is better than it was when he started, so he's not doing damage. But if he continues to make us look like fools on the field, then the recruits will leave.

Amazing that we talk about Franks as a great leader and ‘all sec’ qb. Do you remember what a tool he was at uf? But he has grown and matured and gotten better. Some of it on his own, but also some of it by being coached well and developed.

Then we have JG and the backups that apparently all hit their peak in high school because our coaches can’t make them better and maybe have made them worse. Half our players should sue the school for the toxic environment of playing on our offense.

Fight and team energy. If you want to see how much a decent quarterback and leader can re-energize, ignite, and change the whole team dynamic, look at Arkansas

we don’t have that and haven’t for a very long time - I don’t even think the team respects JG. We give up as soon as something bad happens and then it’s over

Attachments

• CE6E02D2-3F8E-48D6-94F8-0FAE57C61F75.jpeg
    CE6E02D2-3F8E-48D6-94F8-0FAE57C61F75.jpeg
    17.4 KB · Views: 13
Ok this is getting a bit silly, Franks is still basically the same QB he was at UF and honestly pretty much in the same category as JG. He has his moments he looks great and he's had his moments where he's looked terrible. He hasn't had some huge improvement.

Pretty sure they also have a QB coach.

Because they are Arkansas and have sucked for so long everybody thinks they are getting an off week. We are Tennessee and no matter how bad we suck everybody brings their best game and effort against us.

Because they are Arkansas and have sucked for so long everybody thinks they are getting an off week. We are Tennessee and no matter how bad we suck everybody brings their best game and effort against us.
Is that really what’s happening? Maybe they just realize we only play a half of football at most before we quit and it’s just easy for them to blow us out. I doubt the gumps bring their best game this week. Pretty sure they see us as an off week.

Reactions: jeff1vol

Former HC Barry Odom great DC & able to aid Pittmanin transition great hire , Pittman loves him and they also have a QB that can run is mobile throws a great deep ball but is up & down which will cost them. When Franks is good he looks great but he's a long time jeckyll & Hyde like Kellen Mond & QB not to be named. All have plenty starts but all a liability at times.

Is that really what’s happening? Maybe they just realize we only play a half of football at most before we quit and it’s just easy for them to blow us out. I doubt the gumps bring their best game this week. Pretty sure they see us as an off week.
Oops, I said "everybody". I meant the others. The best teams probably do overlook us. That's why we hung with UGA for a half.

Oops, I said "everybody". I meant the others. The best teams probably do overlook us. That's why we hung with UGA for a half.

Reactions: BlinghamptonVol

I'm not sure even all "the others" see us that way anymore. Teams like Georgia St. and other mid majors, sure, but I think even the other non powerhouse SEC teams don't really think of us as an A game type effort anymore. Vandy is probably the only one. If you visit other non-Vandy sites, their fans get pretty pissed when they lose to us now and it's because they say we're not even that good.

I'm sorry but we should not be losing to Kentucky.

Now we are 2-2 and every game could go either way . Will this ever change.
If we don't go 7-3 then go find a coach who wants to and can win 9-11 games a year.

VN Store

Back