'21 TN DB Elijah Howard (VA Tech Commit)

Thanks @Ron Swanson

I was pretty interested to see where the staff was considering using him. Knew there was “star” position talk in the past. Couldn’t ask for better attitude - he’s open to doing whatever the staff asks. And the fact he’s a Knoxville kid - well, I’m rooting for him to do big things.

Thanks @Ron Swanson

I was pretty interested to see where the staff was considering using him. Knew there was “star” position talk in the past. Couldn’t ask for better attitude - he’s open to doing whatever the staff asks. And the fact he’s a Knoxville kid - well, I’m rooting for him to do big things.
I wasn’t too impressed with his highlights but it is always helpful when a recruit wants to play for you and says he is willing to play a position other than his 1st choice. Good attitude.

Reactions: TurnoverTrashCan
Yes but he's not Charlie Garner. I say that not as an insult but Garner exploded off of missed tackles. We've probably had more prolific RB's in high school turned into defensive players. You can't be just a good RB in high school and expect to be a spectacular RB in college. It doesn't work that way.

Howard is a narrow hip and slender type of build. Garner had a more squatty type of build and was on the best ever here. I just don't see RB in his future. I will say this, Howard will be a terror if he does play DB as he will flat out hit you.

Howard is a narrow hip and slender type of build. Garner had a more squatty type of build and was on the best ever here. I just don't see RB in his future. I will say this, Howard will be a terror if he does play DB as he will flat out hit you.
His short area quickness is more vaulable than any of his other assets imo. Catch back up to thw quick routes (slants)

When's the last time you seen a DB really lay somebody out and NOT get a unnecessary roughness, targeting, defenseless player type call?

More of a Pig Howard type to me....

Yeah.
What Pruitt has done to our program is very sad.

Just put him on ignore if you don't like it 🤭
Okay but keep that same energy when Bailey gets his 1st start against Arkansas after the bye and we run the table with him to finish 7-3 🤷‍♂️

You probably said the same thing after we started 1-4

Take the orange glasses off and face reality. Schedule vastly differs from last year with the majority of difficult games already behind us after 1-4 and we had winnable games left on the schedule.

This year?

Arkansas will be a challenge. Auburn a toss up, A&M a probable loss, and then still have UF.

Where those 7 wins coming from?

Last edited:
You’re a total clown dude. Why don’t you go post some more pictures of your truck that nobody cares about?
Excuse me? You mean the one that I nearly was killed in? How bout you be a little more aware, you a**? You’re the one attacking other people that don’t agree with your pessimism and doom & gloom.

Excuse me? You mean the one that I nearly was killed in? How bout you be a little more aware, you a**? You’re the one attacking other people that don’t agree with your pessimism and doom & gloom.

No I’m realistic and concerned about the program and you resorted to a personal insult.

I apologize, I must have missed a wreck you posted and that comment was inappropriate if so.

No I’m realistic and concerned about the program and you resorted to a personal insult.

I apologize, I must have missed a wreck you posted and that comment was inappropriate if so.
Apology accepted. And I apologize to you as well but I’m getting nauseated with all the negativity is the reason I went that far. My bad, brother

VN Store

Back