Start Bailey the rest of the season. No matter the outcome.

Give Bailey all the reps in practice and start him against Alabama with a conservative game plan. Try to force the issue in the run game and not put Bailey in any bad spots. I don't see any other choice. Alabama is talented, but their defense isn't as good as UGA's defense. I do think the o-line will be ok in that game. Can we get smart play at QB and can the defense keep everything in front of them? Those are the big questions against Alabama. I'm not ready to fire Pruitt, but there's no doubt he's at a crossroads in his head coaching career right now.

If he has to go out for a few plays, try Jimmy Holiday or Dee Beckwith in the wildcat.

I think you go with Shrout if Maurer isn't healthy. You don't want to ruin Bailey. We aren't going to win regardless.

Just hope we can keep our recruits. Most of them are 3 star players anyway.

You start Bailey and hope for a Maurer play, circa GA 2019, that can spark you the rest of the season.

I have to admit tho, there is a small piece of me that kinda wants to see if Pruitt is insane enough to start JG next week lol.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
I think you go with Shrout if Maurer isn't healthy. You don't want to ruin Bailey. We aren't going to win regardless.

Bama's defense isn't great. A simplified offense is better than what we've seen the last two weeks. Give he simple stuff, JG can't do the simple stuff and he's a 5th year senior. Not going to be a dropoff for sure.

Reactions: CJBlaze

All the talent in the world will not help you win if you don’t play them.

Reactions: MocVol
The announcers said they asked about HB and Pruitt basically said I have to spend all my time on my starter and dont have time for a 4th string guy.. I took that as JG is so bad they have to spend all of their time "coaching" him to make him serviceable while the other QB's are left out in the wind.
Then Pruitt needs to get JG's rag tag butt
Out of there and spend some time coaching
the backups.

Hey Bama's good but their defense isn't super, their offense is what carries them. Not saying they aren't a talented defense but it's no reason not to play Bailey. Heck it probably makes it tougher game planning for Bailey than it does JG, all the DC's know what JG can and can't do. They can't scheme for what they haven't seen. Heck I might go back and forth with Shrout or Bailey or Maurer into one catches fire. At least make their defense have to figure out what your doing instead of giving them the blueprint. But to keep Bailey totally out of the game, it's football anything can happen any week. Cut him loose and give the team a boost. GBO!
Excet after JG's last 2 games there is no can do left in the tank, he's mentally exited

He's in the SEC. His number can get called at any time. He should already have his big boy pants on. If he's so mentally fragile that one game can "ruin him", we need to find out now so we can recruit his replacement.

There are plenty of freshmen QBs that get "thrown to the wolves" and they seem to do OK. The ones that don't, don't make it. It's a tough game.

The announcers said they asked about HB and Pruitt basically said I have to spend all my time on my starter and dont have time for a 4th string guy.. I took that as JG is so bad they have to spend all of their time "coaching" him to make him serviceable while the other QB's are left out in the wind.
And you would think if he was not totally clueless he would of figured out before this season that he’s barking up the wrong tree.
Ever QB but JG should be getting reps in practice every day! I don’t care how many mistakes they made. Play them all, see who could get the job done in games

Reactions: cgrish
JG will be back next week. JG will be back next year, and I fully expect Pruitt to file a wavier with the NCAA to get him an extra year of eligibility after that. This is our reality.

It seems that if Pruitt had his dream come true, Guarantano would end up with his PhD and later celebrate his 37th Senior Day under center with his grandkids in the stands...

Reactions: treecejc
Loved that 1 pass by HB bu it looked alot like JG jumpball down the sideline but other then that i saw too poor throws in the endzone and that crossing pattern was solid....... ill hold judgment till he gets more snaps
Pruitt said bailey has not had any reps until the scrimmage last Sunday. Give him a break. He doesn't know the plays bc they have been working with jg. Pruitt guarantanoed it.

Reactions: IH8TheHaslams
Pruitt said bailey has not had any reps until the scrimmage last Sunday. Give him a break. He doesn't know the plays bc they have been working with jg. Pruitt guarantanoed it.
Totally that why ill hold off..he is a true frosh in his 1st PT...not expecting greatness

The ONLY established reason to roll with JG (based on ACTUAL facts) was to not lose or (egad) not even compete against the Kentucky’s of the world. That’s out the window. He’s as likely to lose you a game as anyone on the roster and maybe more so. This has been stated emphatically by many but without actual knowledge. Now it’s not strongly worded opinions.

We have coddled with mediocre qb's too damn long. I like the prospects of Bailey and Salters, we need to move on at qb. This is the sec, it's time to develop a qb and continue to recruit top level qb's only. Don't feel your roster with slow reacting average passing qb's. If you don't get a great arm get a great athlete that you might develop into a passer. It's better than having mediocre arm and slow reacting qb's that can't get out of trouble. GBO!

Reactions: SpookyAction
So we ha e 2 choices. Try to win now. If thats the choice, jg is the obvious choice bc they gave bailey no reps. 2nd choice, go with Shrout and let him be good or not good.
JG gives us no better chance to win than Shrout or Bailey. That is pure hogwash, I don't buy that at all. GBO!!!!!

Reactions: m1al

VN Store

Back