The Official #18 Tennessee vs. Kentucky Game Thread, 12:00 PM ET, SEC Network

Status
Not open for further replies.
I attribute much of that to Gray. He’s a really good back. Can’t do it all on his own, but he makes some good moves I just haven’t seen out of a back in a while at UT. But yes, I think you’re right. The lack of competence is really starting to show within the coaching staff. Sad state....still.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
I walk away from this game with only questions.

1). What is wrong with an OL with 5*s up and down the line that can’t run block and don’t protect our QB? Kentucky played very well today, but this line is going to get scorched just as bad vs Bama as they did UGA.

2) Why does Chaney come out throwing the ball around as if he has an All World QB that still can’t read coverages and is easy to rattle?

3). Why is this coach not taking advantage of a free pass of a football season and turn our qb of the future loose instead of watching a completely unsat QB trot out there time and time again and look completely pedestrian at best. It’s not JGs fault. It’s the coaching staff for continuing to trot him out there.

4). FFS, is it still 2020???
Agree. Put HB out there for the rest of the season. Let him learn: see the blitz, all coverages, let him throw slants (we can't defend a slant), learn to throw a fade, throw a deep ball and just run the offense.

Eric Gray is producing, but we have ZERO game changers on offense. No player to take control of the game.
We have a couple of game blowers, but we all know that. JG usually does better against mid-tier teams.

I would rather let Bailey get some starts after BAMA. This OLine should keep him from getting killed if he make good reads and decisions.

I walk away from this game with only questions.

1). What is wrong with an OL with 5*s up and down the line that can’t run block and don’t protect our QB? Kentucky played very well today, but this line is going to get scorched just as bad vs Bama as they did UGA.

2) Why does Chaney come out throwing the ball around as if he has an All World QB that still can’t read coverages and is easy to rattle?

3). Why is this coach not taking advantage of a free pass of a football season and turn our qb of the future loose instead of watching a completely unsat QB trot out there time and time again and look completely pedestrian at best. It’s not JGs fault. It’s the coaching staff for continuing to trot him out there.

4). FFS, is it still 2020???
Hate to say it but it’s starting to appear the answers to all of the above is Pruitt in over his head

Someone please convince me that Jim Chaney is a good (even mediocre) OC.

To me, he is very predictable. He depends upon the fade pattern, even though he has a terrible QB trying to throw it even close to consistently. Short slants are easiest for QB to throw, but he rarely calls. Could go on and on, but any defense should not have a problem defending his calls.

And Weinke, not a QB coach. Has taken a bad QB and made him worse.

We have real problems, but it sounds as if Pruitt is going to keep doing what he has been doing, which is not working.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back