Butch Jones

Supposedly he's been offered or at least in the running for HC jobs. I believe I read he was the favorite for the Arizona St job and took himself out of the running. He seems content to take our $ and play office boy for Nick

Reactions: Boogie
Even though Butch was the worst game manager in recent memory, I believe that he worked very hard and put his heart into improving Vol Football. I am surprised that he hasn"t taken another job in a power 5 conference. The man could recruit - look at all the NFL guys he hooked. Thoughts ? Why is he radioactive?
He screwed us out of Trevor Lawrence. That deserves the death penalty imo.

Even though Butch was the worst game manager in recent memory, I believe that he worked very hard and put his heart into improving Vol Football. I am surprised that he hasn"t taken another job in a power 5 conference. The man could recruit - look at all the NFL guys he hooked. Thoughts ? Why is he radioactive?

He is a grade A 100% a***ole.

Probably why he fits in so well in Tuscaloosa.

Reactions: lifeVol
Barb, will you please stay off our message board? No one here things your husband is a good coach and his current employer only considers him slightly above water boy status.

How many P5 potentially NFL players were seriously injured playing "bull in the ring" which had been abandoned by almost all collegiate coaches? His overall disregard & accountability for S&C which in turn directly related to many seriously injured players was a major factor as well.

Yea he was ******, but we were more competitive across the board....on avg a 3 pt diff vs FLA, 7 vs UGA. Bama was the only one that stomped us

You simply will not have a long term future as head football coach at Tennessee if you cannot first compete with and then beat Bams.

Reactions: whodeycin85
He doesn't have a power 5 job because he wants less pressure and wants Tennessee to pay the majority of his contract rather than a new school. He WILL have a power 5 job soon enough. His contract expires with UT on 28 FEB 2021.

First 4 win season in our program’s history was under his watch. Up until then, Tennessee and Ohio St were the only programs who had never won fewer than 5 games. Even Dooley managed to keep the streak alive

Reactions: MemphisVol77
0-8..refering to his last season....how many of those games did a a certain QB start??

0-8 was the final referendum on his coaching and management abilities. He left this program in worse shape than he got it, and it was a dumpster fire when he took over. Think about that.

To add insult to injury, the very next year he is smoking cigars with Bama players in Neyland after they steamrolled his old team.

He is a worthless coach and worthless human being.

He was great at making PR videos like the one when he arrived in Knoxville stepping off the Aircraft, with the fake smoke like he was coming in to kick some ass. Guy was a total joke and belonged in front of the Big Tent as a carnival barker.

I mean was it not insanely obvious to anyone and everyone that Butch’s offense did not work at all without a mobile QB? Look at the last few QBs he recruited. Guarantano? Dormady? I guess Martinez was mobile, but he’s not world beater. That guy was going to crash and burn with or without JG.

I mean, he even took one of the country’s best defensive coordinators, gave him the most talent he’s ever had, and somehow got by far the worst two seasons out of his entire career.

Well for starters, he let a future NFL HOF RB ride the bench in favor of someone who didn't even want to be a RB.

Bama had other future NFL RBs on their roster at that time but didn't Saban do the same? I was under the impression he transferred because he wasn't getting playing time there.

He got destroyed by Vanderbilt with Dobbs, Kamara, Jennings, Josh Malone, and DC that’s routinely put up top 10 defenses.

Kinda tells me he’s an idiot that couldn’t win with the Patriots roster.
Oh he would win initially until he fires / runs off coaches, get players hurt, have players to leave and destroys the program..

GdFrhsN.gif

Yes, shouldn't he be practicing hard getting Saban's coffee, getting Saban's water, getting Saban's Covid medicine, etc.?

Probably that guy that runs around saying "Yes my fuhrer!!! I will lay down my life for you.....how about a blood transfusion to get the covid out of you sir??".......def the hall monitor that got beat up a lot in school.

VN Store

Back