'21 GA CB Nyland Green (UGA commit)

Well, I'm intelligent. And apologies for viewing things as an "owner ", because well I DO own 5 homes (foreign and domestic) and I own a business thats been functioning for 5 years now.

So because I criticize the HC, I'm not a fan?

How exactly should I be a fan?

Last time I checked JG isn't the only Vol on the 2020 Tennessee Volunteers football team. There's Brian Maurer, Harrison Bailey, Trey Smith etc...that all suffered a loss that shouldn't have been as bad as it was.

So we were 23 points worse than UGA? Which mean JG was supposed to turn the ball over 3 times 🙄👍👍.
Thanks for clearing that up...

Ah the cheating excuse. Oh this team is cheating and that team is cheating. Whenever a team beats us out for a recruit, the bagmen comments come out. TN cheats all the time. All successful programs cheat.

Reactions: MarcoVol
Pruitt isn't stupid--if there's a better option than JG (i.e., one that would help us win), then the change would have been made. We have no idea how Maurer and Shrout look in practice, and if you want to trot out a true freshman who has missed a majority of fall practice against the top defense in the nation, be my guest. I'm no fan of JG, nor am I sunshine pumping for the staff, but people act like we have DeShaun Watson and Tua just sitting on the bench.

Unsurprisingly, your rant misses one key fact from Saturday--no QB was going to look good behind that atrocious OL. If the OL gave JG a little breathing room, he likely plays better.

LOL. We have a shot at Green, but Mims and Mondon were never going to be Vols IMO.

Quote where I said we don't get Green or Mondon?...

And YES had we won or played even for that game it would've greatly improved our chances.

You all can keep making excuses for Pruitt.
But I won't.

Either he changes that one flaw or he's gone eventually. And then goes back to Bama where he will make their defense elite again.

So it's NOT something I truthfully want to be right about...

I'm sorry. I've had a bad week and was just tired of hearing about things we can do nothing about. It wasn't necessarily aimed at you.
You and me both....
I probably need to step away from the message board for a bit, but I have my own issues...

I'm tired of seeing my Alma Mater, be inferior when they don't need to be.
All of us should be! As a fan or former student, or supporter whatever.

And yeah, I'm having trust issues with Pruitt.
He's a way better coach than Butch, but I'm wondering where his heart really is.

Quote where I said we don't get Green or Mondon?...

And YES had we won or played even for that game it would've greatly improved our chances.

You all can keep making excuses for Pruitt.
But I won't.

Either he changes that one flaw or he's gone eventually. And then goes back to Bama where he will make their defense elite again.

So it's NOT something I truthfully want to be right about...

I would argue anyone making excuses for Pruitt is doing it with sound reasoning.

Not only the reasons (or I’m sure as you see them “excuses”) not to play the other QBs, but Pruitt has turned around a program that had it’s worst season ever 3 seasons ago. He deserves the benefit of the doubt. He’s earned it to this point. Sure, he’ll make mistakes - he’s a first time HC. But he’s been good for us. Can’t exist in reality and deny that. So I’ll take his decision making on the QB position all day long.

Just a reminder of where we were:

UT Vols: Tennessee football or Vanderbilt worst in SEC?

You and me both....
I probably need to step away from the message board for a bit, but I have my own issues...

I'm tired of seeing my Alma Mater, be inferior when they don't need to be.
All of us should be! As a fan or former student, or supporter whatever.

And yeah, I'm having trust issues with Pruitt.
He's a way better coach than Butch, but I'm wondering where his heart really is.
What are WE not doing that has you in this state of exhaustion?

And you make the assumption that all recruits are the same.

That game may have been the justification to go with his head instead of his heart...

How did getting dominated by the other team Mims was considering NOT effect his decision?

If you think he had not already made his decision before the game, you’re very naive.

What are WE not doing that has you in this state of exhaustion?

Stop criticizing every person on here because they see an obvious problem.
Is that impossible to ask for? Maybe it is...
But at the end of the day we're all just fans.
Just fans that want to see UT winning and believe that the coach is dedicated to just that.

It's like what Sweetassofa said. You get tired of people complaining about stuff they can't control.

With me it's a little different.
I can't control Pruitt or anyone else, but I'm still passionate about my Vols. As are you. 1vol8 is not a real Vol fan imo.
But why would he be at this point?? Brian Maurer has been totally misused here. But that's all on Pruitt.

Reactions: overseasorange2
I believe you’re misinterpreting posters who are able to look at what AV says and not read into it to fit what they want as “holding water for him”.

On Mims he said “love where we are for him” so now he is attacked when Mims announces UGA. But he literally also said “he’s told recruits from both schools he’s coming” meaning yes, he loved where we are for him but there’s a very real possibility he goes to UGA.

He didn’t miss bc he didn’t call it one way or the other. Loved where we were doesn’t mean “he’s ours”.

Not sure why that’s so hard to understand.

At the end of the day AV is a fan, not a coach. Take what he says as sharing info but coming from a fan’s point of view.
Let’s whoop Kentucky tomorrow!

Last edited:
You’re literally reading into what he said to defend Him. That’s my point. I’m not trying to be rude but half the board gets upset he’s wrong, half the board defends him and says “ recruiting is fluid! He only reports what he hears! They told both schools!” I mean I love good info like the other guy but if he drops “ we are looking really good here “ messages and we miss, I think it’s fair to be questioning intel.

I’m not reading into what he said.

I’m reading what he said.

When someone tells me that a kid told both schools he’s coming, I naturally don’t think “yeah that guy is ours”. The very meaning of the statement that he told players from both he’s coming means nobody really knows what he’s gonna do. That’s not reading into it, I was just attempting to explain.

But I’ll never understand why anybody has a problem with his info.

If you don’t believe the info, just ignore it. It’ll keep some on here from getting all up in their feelings when something doesn’t pan out.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Stop criticizing every person on here because they see an obvious problem.
Is that impossible to ask for? Maybe it is...
But at the end of the day we're all just fans.
Just fans that want to see UT winning and believe that the coach is dedicated to just that.

It's like what Sweetassofa said. You get tired of people complaining about stuff they can't control.

With me it's a little different.
I can't control Pruitt or anyone else, but I'm still passionate about my Vols. As are you. 1vol8 is not a real Vol fan imo.
But why would he be at this point?? Brian Maurer has been totally misused here. But that's all on Pruitt.
I asked you a question closely related to Sweet’s statement and you went off on your recent default rant concerning me. I’ve HAD criticism of you and the world according to you, but that’s irrelevant to my question. As a Vols fan, passion notwithstanding, why is there a need to call out those who aren’t panicking or who believe in a longer process? “If you’re satisfied with mediocrity...?” is going to draw a response from those of us who are every bit as passionate and KNOWLEDGEABLE as the versions who advocate certain players and pretend to know the future IF they “get their chance”. Not to mention THIS COACH DOESN’T HAVE IT cultees. Weariness runs both ways. When things are FACTS, we’re all right at the same time.

I’m not reading into what he said.

I’m reading what he said.

When someone tells me that a kid told both schools he’s coming, I naturally don’t think “yeah that guy is ours”. The very meaning of the statement that he told players from both he’s coming means nobody really knows what he’s gonna do. That’s not reading into it, I was just attempting to explain.

But I’ll never understand why anybody has a problem with his info.

If you don’t believe the info, just ignore it. It’ll keep some on here from getting all up in their feelings when something doesn’t pan out.
I hear ya brother. I can’t ignore it when it comes to the vols, we are all a support group for each other after this last decade. I just question what this dude’s really got sometimes. Hopefully I’ll find out he’s legit one of these days first hand.

VN Store

Back