'21 GA CB Nyland Green (UGA commit)

it might not...

I'm not sure how anyone can continue to make excuses for Pruitt
Love Pruitt. Went from 0-8 in SEC play to an 8 game winning streak. Lost to a team that we should have by the amount we should have based on talent and depth, and some fall to pieces. When did people stop being fans and start being owners without the money to do so?

You don't know that.

AV can only report what he is told. He has very welcomed and accurate information AT THE TIME it's given.
But kids just like adults change their minds when they see the reality of things...

Kids want to win. Pruitt's weakness once again reared its' ugly head during UGA- not changing something that is OBVIOUSLY broken.
Had we changed QBs, and kept the game respectable ...there's no doubt in my mind Mondon, Green and Mims would have been Vols.

But UT wasn't just out-talented...they were OUT COACHED more than anything in the 2nd half. And the recruits see that.
The fans see it, why wouldn't the recruits and players?

It is what it is, but it's not Atlanta Vol's fault..

Saturday had nothing to do with Mims decision, he’s been a heavy UGA lean for a long time. Recruits aren’t as emotional as fans and their collective decision process is much deeper than one game.

We obviously laid an egg Saturday but there is a reason we were 14 dogs and are still a couple of recruiting classes away from winning that kind of game.

Last edited:
Love Pruitt. Went from 0-8 in SEC play to an 8 game winning streak. Lost to a team that we should have by the amount we should have based on talent and depth, and some fall to pieces. When did people stop being fans and start being owners without the money to do so?

Some people can not understand how far UT has fallen from where we once were. Tennessee has won 10 or more games 4 times in the last 20 years. Alabama has won 10 or more games for 12 consecutive seasons. Georgia has won 10 or more games 7 times in the last 10 years. Florida has done it 4 times in the last 10 years.

We have won 8 more games than vandy since 2011. Eight!!!

It is going to take time to get to an elite level thanks to the damage done by horrific hires. I haven't been impressed by the offense for quite sometime but the defensive turnaround has been impressive in my opinion. I think it is fair to be critical of the staff over QB decisions. However, I do not think it is fair to compare the situation Pruitt walked into with the one that Smart did.

You don't know that.

AV can only report what he is told. He has very welcomed and accurate information AT THE TIME it's given.
But kids just like adults change their minds when they see the reality of things...

Kids want to win. Pruitt's weakness once again reared its' ugly head during UGA- not changing something that is OBVIOUSLY broken.
Had we changed QBs, and kept the game respectable ...there's no doubt in my mind Mondon, Green and Mims would have been Vols.

But UT wasn't just out-talented...they were OUT COACHED more than anything in the 2nd half. And the recruits see that.
The fans see it, why wouldn't the recruits and players?

It is what it is, but it's not Atlanta Vol's fault..
I don’t know AV personally, and I’m just offering my opinion here. But y’all carry a lot of water for him and frankly give the same excuse when he’s wrong on these big recruits. It happens multiple times every year. I honestly don’t know why someone in that position would waste there time on a message board getting hopes up.

I don’t know AV personally, and I’m just offering my opinion here. But y’all carry a lot of water for him and frankly give the same excuse when he’s wrong on these big recruits. It happens multiple times every year. I honestly don’t know why someone in that position would waste there time on a message board getting hopes up.
Not illogical, but by that same token, why do people feel the need to attack him on said message board? You can choose to believe or not. You can choose to respond or not. If you don't want to hear what AV has to say, use the ignore function. It's not hard to do. There really is no logical reason to continuously call him out as "fake" other than being an ass. There are really no certainties in recruiting, so it's not surprising he's sometimes wrong. So what? It's still entertaining to me.

Like I said, you (and others) have choices other than bitching about it. And I say that respectably. Put him on ignore and just let it go.

I think we probably need to prepare ourselves, we aren't going to go into GA and win very many battles for highly sought after recruits. Just the simple truth.

You are probably right. It will be hard to go into surrounding states that produce elite talent and get guys to leave the state when their program is doing ok. Teams like Texas, Florida, LSU, AL and UGA get to cherry-pick their state.

Tenn is something like number 20 on the list of prospects produced. How do we get our in state high schools to start producing more talent? In theory we could have our own farm league and cherry-pick kids that bleed orange.

Not illogical, but by that same token, why do people feel the need to attack him on said message board? You can choose to believe or not. You can choose to respond or not. If you don't want to hear what AV has to say, use the ignore function. It's not hard to do. There really is no logical reason to continuously call him out as "fake" other than being an ass. There are really no certainties in recruiting, so it's not surprising he's sometimes wrong. So what? It's still entertaining to me.

Like I said, you (and others) have choices other than bitching about it. And I say that respectably. Put him on ignore and just let it go.
I’ve been on the other side of him on a few topics but I appreciate what he brings to the board...and he doesn’t pop up before every commit. I believe he’s in deep behind the scenes and every shot taken at him rings hollow.
You are probably right. It will be hard to go into surrounding states that produce elite talent and get guys to leave the state when their program is doing ok. Teams like Texas, Florida, LSU, AL and UGA get to cherry-pick their state.

Tenn is something like number 20 on the list of prospects produced. How do we get our in state high schools to start producing more talent? In theory we could have our own farm league and cherry-pick kids that bleed orange.
Land multiple military bases and/or industrial hubs. There’s a reason that Memphis (Fed Ex) and Nashville (multiple corporations moving their HQ to that area) have increased talent output. I live in the football mecca of DFW and it supplies enough top talent for multiple programs...per annum. The jobs are here. Families need jobs. Families have kids. The more families? The more possibilities.

I'm not going to read back to the origin point, but I will back up AV. He has a job that puts him in regular contact with UT recruits. He may not be in the living room with them, but he knows who we are after, and how hard. He gets the vibe that is there at the moment of contact. Of course, things change. Recruits talk to other schools. Recruits lie to coaches. Recruits are influenced by other recruits and other factors. All that said, he is closer to these recruits than pretty much anyone else on these boards. Someone else may have more info on an individual recruit, but overall, I will not doubt AV's information again.

Is it infallable? No. He is giving opinions...but those opinions are based on more information than we will ever have available.

So, my biggest take is that he is a great barometer to what is generally going on with a recruit. Sometimes he will know where a recruit stands at any moment in time. He will be wrong on a regular basis - just like our coaches are - but he is like a barking bloodhound. He is on the scent. The rest of us are just reading tea leaves from a distance, most of the time.

Pruitt isn't stupid--if there's a better option than JG (i.e., one that would help us win), then the change would have been made. We have no idea how Maurer and Shrout look in practice, and if you want to trot out a true freshman who has missed a majority of fall practice against the top defense in the nation, be my guest. I'm no fan of JG, nor am I sunshine pumping for the staff, but people act like we have DeShaun Watson and Tua just sitting on the bench.

Unsurprisingly, your rant misses one key fact from Saturday--no QB was going to look good behind that atrocious OL. If the OL gave JG a little breathing room, he likely plays better.

LOL. We have a shot at Green, but Mims and Mondon were never going to be Vols IMO.

The only thing I was irritated by was the way we lost. Our offense completely melted down after halftime, but I agree with you.

I believe you’re misinterpreting posters who are able to look at what AV says and not read into it to fit what they want as “holding water for him”.

On Mims he said “love where we are for him” so now he is attacked when Mims announces UGA. But he literally also said “he’s told recruits from both schools he’s coming” meaning yes, he loved where we are for him but there’s a very real possibility he goes to UGA.

He didn’t miss bc he didn’t call it one way or the other. Loved where we were doesn’t mean “he’s ours”.

Not sure why that’s so hard to understand.

At the end of the day AV is a fan, not a coach. Take what he says as sharing info but coming from a fan’s point of view.

Pruitt isn't stupid--if there's a better option than JG (i.e., one that would help us win), then the change would have been made. We have no idea how Maurer and Shrout look in practice, and if you want to trot out a true freshman who has missed a majority of fall practice against the top defense in the nation, be my guest. I'm no fan of JG, nor am I sunshine pumping for the staff, but people act like we have DeShaun Watson and Tua just sitting on the bench.

Unsurprisingly, your rant misses one key fact from Saturday--no QB was going to look good behind that atrocious OL. If the OL gave JG a little breathing room, he likely plays better.

LOL. We have a shot at Green, but Mims and Mondon were never going to be Vols IMO.
We need a spark

I've been saying the same thing. Until proven otherwise, regardless if you a supporter of him or not, JG is our best option at QB. Its kinda is what it is for now.

I'm not going to read back to the origin point, but I will back up AV. He has a job that puts him in regular contact with UT recruits. He may not be in the living room with them, but he knows who we are after, and how hard. He gets the vibe that is there at the moment of contact. Of course, things change. Recruits talk to other schools. Recruits lie to coaches. Recruits are influenced by other recruits and other factors. All that said, he is closer to these recruits than pretty much anyone else on these boards. Someone else may have more info on an individual recruit, but overall, I will not doubt AV's information again.

Is it infallable? No. He is giving opinions...but those opinions are based on more information than we will ever have available.

So, my biggest take is that he is a great barometer to what is generally going on with a recruit. Sometimes he will know where a recruit stands at any moment in time. He will be wrong on a regular basis - just like our coaches are - but he is like a barking bloodhound. He is on the scent. The rest of us are just reading tea leaves from a distance, most of the time.
Well said.

I believe you’re misinterpreting posters who are able to look at what AV says and not read into it to fit what they want as “holding water for him”.

On Mims he said “love where we are for him” so now he is attacked when Mims announces UGA. But he literally also said “he’s told recruits from both schools he’s coming” meaning yes, he loved where we are for him but there’s a very real possibility he goes to UGA.

He didn’t miss bc he didn’t call it one way or the other. Loved where we were doesn’t mean “he’s ours”.

Not sure why that’s so hard to understand.

At the end of the day AV is a fan, not a coach. Take what he says as sharing info but coming from a fan’s point of view.
I don't get why that's so hard either. Especially since he said the night before he was waiting on a phone call and then posted a GIF that was obvious he got bad news. Now there's those whining because they got their hopes up! Don't get your hopes up if you can't handle the fall. You lose way more than you win in recruiting. And insisting that others don't enjoy the info he brings because you can't handle it is really juvenile. Really surprised by some of those doing that.

Last edited:
Well, I'm intelligent. And apologies for viewing things as an "owner ", because well I DO own 5 homes (foreign and domestic) and I own a business thats been functioning for 5 years now.

So because I criticize the HC, I'm not a fan?

How exactly should I be a fan?

Last time I checked JG isn't the only Vol on the 2020 Tennessee Volunteers football team. There's Brian Maurer, Harrison Bailey, Trey Smith etc...that all suffered a loss that shouldn't have been as bad as it was.

So we were 23 points worse than UGA? Which mean JG was supposed to turn the ball over 3 times 🙄👍👍.
Thanks for clearing that up...
You're welcome

Saturday had nothing to do with Mims decision, he’s been a heavy UGA lean for a long time. Recruits aren’t as emotional as fans and their collective decision process is much deeper than one game.

We obviously laid an egg Saturday but there is a reason we were 14 dogs and are still a couple of recruiting classes away from winning that kind of game.
And you make the assumption that all recruits are the same.

That game may have been the justification to go with his head instead of his heart...

How did getting dominated by the other team Mims was considering NOT effect his decision?

Reactions: Augustus McRae

VN Store

Back