Maurer transferring [fake news]

Yup. Multiple reports said maurer flashed the most and was explosive but he was just making way too many mistakes.

Am I remembering correctly that over the past couple years that BM trended toward #2QB and JTS toward #3QB because JT was making more unwise decisions with his passing? Seems like I remember Pruitt getting quite pissed at JT for some of his game time passes.

If so (other than BM being reckless and not protecting his body), what has changed for this year compared to previously? Has JT suddenly surpassed BM in passing with respect to ball security?

Am I remembering correctly that over the past couple years that BM trended toward #2QB and JTS toward #3QB because JT was making more unwise decisions with his passing? Seems like I remember Pruitt getting quite pissed at JT for some of his game time passes.

If so (other than BM being reckless and not protecting his body), what has changed for this year compared to previously? Has JT suddenly surpassed BM in passing with respect to ball security?
Reporters all said that BM was making alot of mistakes in practice. They also said shrout has improved and they think shrout is the clear backup.

Reactions: lexkyvol and Shades
Haven’t heard that quote but I think that’s a bit of a stretch and you are making it mean what you want it to mean. When is he flashing? Could be he looks amazing throwing to routes vs air. Flashes the most could mean he occasionally throws the best ball out of the QBs but remains more inconsistent on a regular basis. I think jumping to the conclusion that it means he’s had the most success against a defense in practice is a bit of a stretch based off just that quote. You could say the same for his playing time last year, he came in and “flashed” against Georgia right away, but overall his numbers were not good.
you hit the nail directly on the head with what 1vol8 does when it comes to Maurer and everyone sees this!

Reactions: Cormock Mac
To be fair in this argument, I don’t think we have a big enough sample size to say if 18 is gonna be a good QB or not. Yeah the 2/5 doesn’t look great, but I do think he has potential. The mistakes he made last year are certainly correctable. The first one that comes to mind is the Miss State game where he made up his mind that he was throwing the fade before he even took the snap and it was picked. That’s film study and experience. He’s been reckless with the ball and his body, but he is definitely physically capable and he is decisive . If people don’t see that, it’s because they don’t want to.
u may be right, but the coaches def do and i think their minds are made up!

also, on what pulaskivol said......a 5star qb isnt gonna sign at a school that is very high on the 5star they just recruited the year prior

Yes they did and when it came crunch time Maurer seemed to be firmly in control with the way he controlled the offense pre snap.
yeah, he looked calm waiting to catch the shotgun snap. it's after the catch that is or was the glaring issue

you hit the nail directly on the head with what 1vol8 does when it comes to Maurer and everyone sees this!
First of all not “everyone” agrees with you either. I feel confident that some of these people on this board see that I see things in terms of potential rather than the “here and now”. It’s kinda my thing.

Second it’s not just Maurer. It only seems that way because he IS the most naturally talented qb in that room and people think it’s biased because I just happen to know him. News flash homeboy..... if Justin Fields transfers to UT Brian would be the second most talented qb in that room. I’m fair. Bottom line is the others can’t do what Brian can do. It’s as simple as that.

First of all not “everyone” agrees with you either. I feel confident that some of these people on this board see that I see things in terms of potential rather than the “here and now”. It’s kinda my thing.

Second it’s not just Maurer. It only seems that way because he IS the most naturally talented qb in that room and people think it’s biased because I just happen to know him. News flash homeboy..... if Justin Fields transfers to UT Brian would be the second most talented qb in that room. I’m fair. Bottom line is the others can’t do what Brian can do. It’s as simple as that.
there it is! the reason behind all the foolery! and u dont just know him. ur either family or u do his laundry! lol

Reactions: Cormock Mac
So pruitt just starts JG even thought Mauer is clearly an AA?
good grief man , did u see Mauer play last year ?
I did. I’ve admitted he wasn’t great but he was electric. I also understand that he shouldn’t be judged in games he wasn’t prepared to play in when football as a whole is a game of preparation. ESPECIALLY the qb position. In those games that he WAS prepared he was only 5% worse than JG in completion percentage and 2% worse than Bo Nix. But here’s the kicker, within that stretch he faced much stronger competition than either of them.

BM was always going to be the one to transfer, it's not that tough of a prediction really and I'm not sure why folks are having a hard time grasping the idea of it. He'll be at a lower level school in a couple of years I believe. You don't recruit Bailey to be here if you're planning on going all-in with BM.
Bama and Clemson go after 5 star QBs every cycle....

Reactions: whodeycin85
I did. I’ve admitted he wasn’t great but he was electric. I also understand that he shouldn’t be judged in games he wasn’t prepared to play in when football as a whole is a game of preparation. ESPECIALLY the qb position. In those games that he WAS prepared he was only 5% worse than JG in completion percentage and 2% worse than Bo Nix. But here’s the kicker, within that stretch he faced much stronger competition than either of them.

But here's the kicker, a backup QB has to be prepared to play at a moments notice. Backups are trained to be ready just like the starter. Also, you have to be a good QB against ALL your competition. He (or anyone we put out there) has to be good against stronger competition otherwise you cant play for UT because we play strong competition every single year.

Head coaches have 7 figure incomes at stake and short leashes that last 3-5 years. Why on earth would anybody not play the best guy?
GA, it happens all the time.

Sheesh Kirby Smart has already done it twice.
First with Frohm and Fields
And a couple of weeks ago with Mathis and Bennett.

Look at Muschamp. He has never been able to find the right guy. Need to hire and OC and then let him bring in a guy through transfer.

Look at Dan Mullen.
How the heck did Franks ever start over Trask???

All the above coaches are good to great coaches! Pruitt is also a good coach. Great Defensive coach....yet he keeps trotting out JG.

Head coaches have 7 figure incomes at stake and short leashes that last 3-5 years. Why on earth would anybody not play the best guy?
I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again. Coaching at the college and pro level would be among the most secure jobs in the world if they always got it right. Butch made millions too and how’s his reputation look for making the right call on talent while Kamara sat the bench?

VN Store

Back