Maurer transferring [fake news]

There’s a reason we haven’t heard or seen much but when we finally did at least HEAR something they we’re of course praising JG, talking JTS improvements and criticizing BM. .
When did he say that? I can’t remember any comments about the QB position other than Bailey being behind because he had to miss practice and Maurer dealing with a hamstring.

When did he say that? I can’t remember any comments about the QB position other than Bailey being behind because he had to miss practice and Maurer dealing with a hamstring.
It wasn’t Pruitt. It was one of the reporters saying he flashes the most and another talking about his explosiveness

I mentioned that because it’s entirely possible that Pruitt is setting this team up to have to play against him. No knowledge of anything in the works.

I know HS and college are totally different but the way you go about trying to defend a team remains the same. A JG type led team you load the box and play downhill. A Burrow type led team you hesitate to diagnose each play and just pray you made the right call on that particular down and your front 4 is getting pressure.

One thing that sticks out to me is how hush hush they’ve been at that position this year. There’s a reason we haven’t heard or seen much but when we finally did at least HEAR something they we’re of course praising JG, talking JTS improvements and criticizing BM. But the one quote that was interesting while being critical of BM was “ He still flashes the most” and someone else made the comment “Bm is “explosive”. Wouldn’t “flashing the most” mean that he’s having the most success vs JPs defense on a regular basis? Offensively we can say a lot of things about Pruitt but defensively he’s one of the best in the game. He sees Maurer every day and that quote tells me he still hasn’t learned how to defend him a year and a half later. And that alone should tell people that the last thing UT wants to do is look at him on an opposing side line.
Haven’t heard that quote but I think that’s a bit of a stretch and you are making it mean what you want it to mean. When is he flashing? Could be he looks amazing throwing to routes vs air. Flashes the most could mean he occasionally throws the best ball out of the QBs but remains more inconsistent on a regular basis. I think jumping to the conclusion that it means he’s had the most success against a defense in practice is a bit of a stretch based off just that quote. You could say the same for his playing time last year, he came in and “flashed” against Georgia right away, but overall his numbers were not good.

If maurer does transfer, that might be a sign that they are more excited about Bailey and giving him more reps than Maurer.
BM was always going to be the one to transfer, it's not that tough of a prediction really and I'm not sure why folks are having a hard time grasping the idea of it. He'll be at a lower level school in a couple of years I believe. You don't recruit Bailey to be here if you're planning on going all-in with BM.

BM was always going to be the one to transfer, it's not that tough of a prediction really and I'm not sure why folks are having a hard time grasping the idea of it. He'll be at a lower level school in a couple of years I believe. You don't recruit Bailey to be here if you're planning on going all-in with BM.

I wouldn't necessarily agree with this. You should recruit a high level qb when you can. If they're willing to come and compete, bring them in.

I wouldn't necessarily agree with this. You should recruit a high level qb when you can. If they're willing to come and compete, bring them in.
I agree...I also think there is a big difference between a kid not good enough and xfrs and a kid not getting a fair shot and xfering....I could see UGA,LSU, Ole Miss, or Oklahoman nabbing BM in a tranfer portal

BM is going to make a complete fool of people like you in the near future.

If JG is playing poorly Saturday, turns the ball over once or twice and we are down say 10-14 points, does Pruitt make a change?

BM is going to make a complete fool of people like you in the near future.
Maybe if he plays for Kiffin. He certainly wont start at UGA, Alabama, lsu or Auburn. The best place for him would be with kiffin at ole miss. He could probably start there if Kiffin can work his magic on maurer. There is no other sec team that maurer would actually start for that would make me nervous. A Maurer led south Carolina, Vanderbilt, Arkansas, Kentucky doesn't scare me. Tho maybe kentucky could have a more balanced offense with maurer. He cant run like wilson but he is mobile. He definitely throws better than Wilson and they both throw too many picks. So I think Kentucky might be better off overall with maurer.

Yup. Multiple reports said maurer flashed the most and was explosive but he was just making way too many mistakes. I think maurer could be legit if he could get a few seasons under kiffin.
So in other words in your opinion it’s not about talent as much as it’s about the coach and style of play?

Not many programs pull in multiple blue chip QBs onto the same roster and very seldom do you see blue chip QBs go and compete against each other. Those guys go where they can play early and HB is no different. His time is coming, probably pretty soon I'm guessing.

Not many programs pull in multiple blue chip QBs onto the same roster and very seldom do you see blue chip QBs go and compete against each other. Those guys go where they can play early and HB is no different. His time is coming, probably pretty soon I'm guessing.

Reactions: feathersax
To be fair in this argument, I don’t think we have a big enough sample size to say if 18 is gonna be a good QB or not. Yeah the 2/5 doesn’t look great, but I do think he has potential. The mistakes he made last year are certainly correctable. The first one that comes to mind is the Miss State game where he made up his mind that he was throwing the fade before he even took the snap and it was picked. That’s film study and experience. He’s been reckless with the ball and his body, but he is definitely physically capable and he is decisive . If people don’t see that, it’s because they don’t want to.

So in other words in your opinion it’s not about talent as much as it’s about the coach and style of play?
I'm just saying that kiffin is good at what he does and I think if BM stays in the SEC, then ole miss is his best option.

The most ridiculous assumption of the thread.
True freshman start from day one every year at multiple schools and play well if they are the best option.
Now to say he is too unprepared to start would seem correct.
Had to hold a Sunday scrimmage AFTER THE 3RD game of the season to get him some practice snaps. Sounds like dereliction of duty on his coaches part.

In this Covid Season that is obviously a terrible take.

VN Store

Back