Vols have a legitimate shot to finish as 3rd Best team in the SEC

PulaskiVolFan

Lots of unknowns and ifs with the main one being we need to beat Ky this Sat and should it happen it will come down to TN, Fl and Texas A&M for that spot. Below are the standings and in the end that's what matters the most. With a win Sat we would be one of only a few SEC teams sporting a 3-1 conference record. Regardless of what happens the Bama game we'll control our own destiny in the games vs A&M and Florida. Should we win Saturday I think that would make us favorites vs Aub, Vandy and Arkansas. I personally think we're right there as I think our defense is only going to improve and I don't think we're gonna face many defensive fronts that our line shouldn't be heavily favored against. We'll also find Saturday what kind of veteran leadership we have on this football team. I think they step up and rally vs the kittens, we are the better team, we're as good or better at every position and this is the decade of the Vols, hehe, had to throw that in. Anybody else other than me think we can finish 8-2 and end up 3rd in the conference?

Lots of ifs, we'll find out Saturday where we stand.

Screenshot_20201015-193550_Samsung Internet.jpg

"3rd best" isn't where anyone wants Tennessee to be, but it'd mean that this year's squad goes to the Orange Bowl or another NY6 game. I don't think it's particularly likely that Tennessee ends this season as #3 in the SEC, but you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone who wouldn't take a NY6 bowl as a solid building block given the last decade.

"3rd best" isn't where anyone wants Tennessee to be, but it'd mean that this year's squad goes to the Orange Bowl or another NY6 game. I don't think it's particularly likely that Tennessee ends this season as #3 in the SEC, but you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone who wouldn't take a NY6 bowl as a solid building block given the last decade.
It would mean the Sugar Bowl as Bama and Ga would both be in the playoffs.

Sugar Bowl is a playoff game this year, though; regardless of whether or not the SEC puts two teams into the playoff, I'm absolutely with you that the third-best team is getting a NY6 bowl without a shade of doubt.
Didn't know that about the Sugar, thanks for the info. I think it would be big anyway and is possible.

I’d take any NY6 bowl game.

VN Store

Back