Maurer transferring [fake news]

If I was Maurer or JT, I would have already been gone and if HB is smart I am not so sure I would be hanging around. Let JG and Pruitt have it. If they cant get JG ready and get him to improve then they cant get any of the other 3 ready.

Good point. I question this staffs ability to develop QB's in general. JG looks the same as he did 2 years ago. The others haven't developed?

I don't know that he's transferring, but I will honestly be surprised if he finishes his career here. He retweeted a tweet the other day about how it messes you up mentally as a QB to have to stand around and watch all the other QBs on the roster getting snaps while you don't get any.

Pruitt's handling of the QB situation is probably his only real failure thus far. Everything else from recruiting, player development, and player effort are top notch imo. Maurer would have been much better prepared for UGA in 2019 had Pruitt let him play signficant snaps the first 3 games against Ga Stat, BYU, and UTC. Also probably would have went 3-0. Instead he threw him in there after already being down to UF in the Swamp.

It's frustrating because when he finally did get out there he couldn't stay healthy...and that's no fault of Pruitt's...
So annoying. Life can be really friggin annoying sometimes.

Sometimes you just need a fresh start.

If I were his dad and I would tell him to transfer. Pruitt has this unbelievable flaw as a head coach when it comes to quarterback. He has hitched his wagon to JG like nothing I have ever seen. Through all my years of watching football there is always a constant… If the quarterback doesn’t perform well the backup will end up in the game. But this is now the 4th year with Jg at the helm. And he’s a terrible qb. So hard to understand how a guy hs been a football coach all his life and can’t see what any casual fan can see. But we assume all football coaches and intelligent people and that’s certainly not true. Some are. Some aren’t. Pruitt’s unwillingness to change (and that decisions impact on his legacy) is shocking and dumbfounding.

If I were his dad and I would tell him to transfer. Pruitt has this unbelievable flaw as a head coach when it comes to quarterback. He has hitched his wagon to JG like nothing I have ever seen. Through all my years of watching football there is always a constant… If the quarterback doesn’t perform well the backup will end up in the game. But this is now the 4th year with Jg at the helm. And he’s a terrible qb. So hard to understand how a guy hs been a football coach all his life and can’t see what any casual fan can see. But we assume all football coaches and intelligent people and that’s certainly not true. Some are. Some aren’t. Pruitt’s unwillingness to change (and that decisions impact on his legacy) is shocking and dumbfounding.
His dad’s in prison. He’s the man of the house.

Well if you wasn’t getting a fair shake at things what would do. We saw JG turn the ball over 3 times in 2nd half and why Pruitt don’t put anyone else in to finish the game in the 4th when it was clear that we wasn’t coming back!
Had he put someone else in and they drove down the field and scored he would have lost control of his team. It's just a big unnecessary risk.

Had he put someone else in and they drove down the field and scored he would have lost control of his team. It's just a big unnecessary risk.
Maybe that needs to happen. It baffles me that Guarantano can make mistake after mistake, but we can’t play anyone else because they might make a mistake.

Maybe that needs to happen. It baffles me that Guarantano can make mistake after mistake, but we can’t play anyone else because they might make a mistake.
Maybe. That's the reason he didn't tho. The decision would be took from his hands and he isn't about to let that happen.

VN Store

Back