Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
BJ Ojulari should’ve come here. Gilbert too. They screwed up going to play for Coach O. He’ll be fired by 2023. He’s not good. Aranda carried him and Brady put him over the top

It's amazing how lucky Coach O got with that perfect storm of coordinators and QB. And basically a full NFL starting 22.

AP saying what many have said about Friend: OL isn’t being developed. Talent and potential are there, development is not. I think it’s time to move on from Friend and far past time to move on from Weinke for the same reason

LOL at AP. He was praising Friend just last week. Note to AP; pretty much none of the OL were developed over the offseason. No spring ball, and most of the OL missed so much of fall that we didn't have enough linemen for scrimmaging. You can't develop individual players into a cohesive unit if they can't practice.

Nope. However, in year 3 we’re still losing every big boy game by 3 TDs. At some point I would at least expect the gap to reduce in these big time games but that hasn’t happened yet.

The problem is that UGA and Bama have national title contending talent. We’re not at that level yet. This time a year ago most of VN was ready to bulldoze Neyland. We’ve clearly improved, but it’s going to take time. We’ve got to get a lot better at Qb and recruit more difference makers. Got to keep stacking talent. I hate moral victories, but it was 26-21 halfway through the 3rd and our D was killing them. We were there, but we just got to keep plugging away.

The problem is that UGA and Bama have national title contending talent. We’re not at that level yet. This time a year ago most of VN was ready to bulldoze Neyland. We’ve clearly improved, but it’s going to take time. We’ve got to get a lot better at Qb and recruit more difference makers. Got to keep stacking talent. I hate moral victories, but it was 26-21 halfway through the 3rd and our D was killing them. We were there, but we just got to keep plugging away.
That’s true. That being said, we’ll do better against Bama than we did against UGA. They don’t have that defense

LOL at AP. He was praising Friend just last week. Note to AP; pretty much none of the OL were developed over the offseason. No spring ball, and most of the OL missed so much of fall that we didn't have enough linemen for scrimmaging. You can't develop individual players into a cohesive unit if they can't practice.
Fair

Reactions: ValleyAlVol
7-3 including a W vs Florida negates all this, iyam.
If those three losses are all blow outs, it is not a good sign. I think 7-3 would be a good season, but we shouldn’t be getting blown out in year three by anyone. We have enough horses to keep games competitive.

That’s true. That being said, we’ll do better against Bama than we did against UGA. They don’t have that defense

We’ve got to take the Coach Majors approach with Pruitt. It took Majors years to get this program turned around, but he did it. Pruitt just has to keep plugging away, keep improving.

Unfortunately, this is true. That missed time hurts young teams such as ourselves that really needed that time.

We’ve got to take the Coach Majors approach with Pruitt. It took Majors years to get this program turned around, but he did it. Pruitt just has to keep plugging away, keep improving.
Unfortunately, I think this is going to be the only way to go. Unless the train just goes off the track.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
While I really hate to admit it, I do think this is a 5 year rebuild. The talent gap is so huge. Even at RB where we have some solid players there’s no comparison to what UGA and Bama have. There is simply an exponential drop off in talent when you get passed the top 4-5 teams in the country. But I really really like our young talent on both sides of the ball and believe we are headed in the right direction. The only way to turn a program around quicker than 4-5 years these days is to have an elite QB.

good post

And I think SEC is definitely harder to win-- especially when you have to play Bama/Georgia/Florida every year like we do. I'm done with coaching changes-- I see improvement. Our defensive stands against Georgia were amazing last night. We actually have Big Uglies again. (and they will get better)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back