How can you defend JG after this?

As of writing this, our RBs have 16 carries for 35 yards. Not sure it matters who is quarterback when we have those stats on the ground. I think there was a thread this week where people were predicting how many rushing yards we'd get this week. I feel like quite a few people (myself included), thought we'd need at least 100+ yards to compete with georgia today. We're nowhere close to that

Reactions: hmhawk and DonjoVol
They are blitzing on 3rd down with more than we can block. He’s holding the ball too long. 4 years of the same Ol’ JG

I agree. UGA is sitting on the gaps , blitzing , and pass rushing while man covering. They are showing no respect for the intermediate and middle passing game. They are daring the JG to attack the middle of the field. They are counting on him to stare down receivers and hold the ball to long. They will take their chances with the 50/50 ball.

If they have a chance to run the ball and make the O-line look really good , JQ has to complete the intermediate passes consistently. The LBs will back out of the gaps and the pass rush will be pulled back . I dont think you can beat teams like UGA and Bama with a single read QB .

It’s time to move forward as a program. Maybe you start JG against Kentucky and Bama. But at some point...maybe Arkansas...you gotta make a change. The defense has improved. The skill players have improved. The OLine has struggled today, but has improved. It’s time for QB play to improve. That means a new starter.
If that’s the case, then I’m not playing Shrout or Maurer. That would be a waste of time. If we go that route, I’m throwing Harrison Bailey in there and let this be a learning year for him. He might take his lumps but so be it.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
He has no vision or internal time clock. It shows up in big games everytime. Chaney has called a bad game as well. Pass early while o line is fresh.

Unpopular opinion: he’s done a great job of throwing the ball away and avoiding pressure. The real issue is he’s been under pressure about 20 times.

JG is the Butch Jones of QB's. He is great when others elevate their performance but he never is the guy that elevates his performance to make those around him better.

This is an ESPN 30 for 30 in the making. A fifth year senior in turmoil after a meltdown against the #3 team on the road takes his program to the promised land complemented by a dragon ball Z type rejuvenation.

All former mishaps are forgotten as he is awarded the 2020 Heismen trophy and leads the big orange to a national championship season. This begins the programs journey to become the first ever three-peat dynasty in modern college football history. Whoa nelly.

#whataturnofevents

I sincerely wish they had benched him. So all of you would have someone else to blame for a horrible offensive effort, especial from the coaches and offensive line. If this team can't block better than that with the talent we have at the position then there is a serious issue with our program that a qb change will never fix.

Reactions: hmhawk
The OL was absolute trash in the 2nd half but it’s time to move on from a 5th year senior who still continues to stare down receivers and not throw the ball away. Georgia’s defense is as legit as any Bama defense I’ve ever seen.

Reactions: Doberman
JG has blame for the INT and one of the fumbles. I'm not excluding him of blame. But the reality is when JG had time to throw this game, he hit the passes. Facts are facts man, don't let your hate boner get in the way.
Listen...again...I like the guy. No hate towards him. But anyone who watches a good, above average or great qb and then watches JG will tell you he's not very good. He may hit some passes, but he isn't efficient at moving the offense. His pocket awareness is awful, with or without time.
Honest critique does not equal hate. I look at him as a qb. You apologists seem to be obsessed with him. It can't logically be for his QB play. I mean, he is a decent looking dude...maybe that's it. Don't let your JG infatuation boner get in the way.

Reactions: 4chrissy
I wont be sad to see JG graduate. He is a bi-polar player - for every good game he plays we have one like today . A total disgrace. He is a nut case.
This year doesn't even count against eligibility. He'll probably be our qb next year, cause we know he won't be drafted😂

I wont be sad to see JG graduate. He is a bi-polar player - for every good game he plays we have one like today . A total disgrace. He is a nut case.
You should be sad. Hes already graduated and could come bacl next year if he wants.

A 5th year Senior doesn’t fumble 3 times and throw a pick in one half. It’s time to play one of the younger guys.

Good luck with this.

JG will be the starter unless he has a completely meltdown.

VN Store

Back