The Official NASCAR Talk Thread

Circuit of the Americas looks like one of those places where open wheel and sports cars can put on a decent show but the NASCAR style cars wouldn't. Going off how slow the infield portion of the Daytona Road Course was for NASCAR compared to the 24 hours race, it looks like this track would have a ton of super slow portions (and not the hard braking/passing zone type).

Though that may just be me, I've never really cared for the road courses. Though Watkins Glen and Sears Point have been somewhat decent recently (mostly just due to there being some form of battle at the end), the Xfinity races at Road America have been just hard to watch, feels so slow especially with those 10 minute caution laps, which going off how big COTA is, it would have a similar issue.

I think the schedule for the Cup Series is supposed to come out today, so we'll see what all they do. I've heard Chicago and Kentucky aren't on the schedule and new tracks are getting added.

The dirt at Bristol, I'm not a fan personally. The NASCAR cars aren't built for dirt and I don't see it being that good. Plus I don't want Bristol to lose a normal race. I know that attendance for the first race has dropped dramatically last few years but still... Maybe if it was the All Star race I would be more okay with that choice.

The Trucks at Eldora, in my opinion, isn't all that hot. There are a handful of guys going all out, the rest seem to be just trying to get out of there without losing too many points. Guess I'm just not a dirt track guy (or at least not a asphalt cars on dirt guy).

I think the schedule for the Cup Series is supposed to come out today, so we'll see what all they do. I've heard Chicago and Kentucky aren't on the schedule and new tracks are getting added.

The dirt at Bristol, I'm not a fan personally. The NASCAR cars aren't built for dirt and I don't see it being that good. Plus I don't want Bristol to lose a normal race. I know that attendance for the first race has dropped dramatically last few years but still... Maybe if it was the All Star race I would be more okay with that choice.

The Trucks at Eldora, in my opinion, isn't all that hot. There are a handful of guys going all out, the rest seem to be just trying to get out of there without losing too many points. Guess I'm just not a dirt track guy (or at least not a asphalt cars on dirt guy).

For the Bristol dirt race next March, I’d put my money on Larson and Stenhouse to be the favorites. They both race a lot of dirt on the side, during the season.

For the Bristol dirt race next March, I’d put my money on Larson and Stenhouse to be the favorites. They both race a lot of dirt on the side, during the season.

Larson, Redic, stenhouse, bell,& Wallace should be the favorites.

Going to be funny to see dirt on 33 degrees of banking. The race won’t be like Eldora due to the banking. The cars will be straight more than your casual viewer think.

VN Store

Back