2022 Lady Vols Softball commits

"Excitement" and comparing a HS player to one of the most decorated pitchers in softball history are two completely different things.
I am very excited about our new recruits too BUT Monica Abbott is not walking back through the door. She was/is a once in a lifetime pitcher. That we failed to win a national championship with her is the big stain on the program. Any amount of hitting and we win two championships in her career. It is no knock on any player to say she is no Monica Abbott because no one else is and may not ever be again. I was really looking forward to seeing her live with the Olympic tour, maybe next spring if they are able to do it.

Just saw some video on 2021 commit Katie Taylor. RH bat with power using all fields. Looks good. We should be pretty strong from the right side hitting in the next few years.

Saw some film on this ball player.....
One hell of a fine hitter...And another cutie too.
EJsj0r4W4AEJYtW.jpg

I am so happy to see our recruiting focusing on HITTERS rather than a dozen more slappers. It's about damn time, imo. Also, our trend of recruiting attractive young ladies is also a pleasure to see. ;)

So true....The Weekly's went slap happy crazy for awhile there....Seems like every other hitter for us was a slapper......Drove me nuts!

And yes, it is a pleasure....

So true....The Weekly's went slap happy crazy for awhile there....Seems like every other hitter for us was a slapper......Drove me nuts!

And yes, it is a pleasure....
Was it two years ago when we would wind up with five in the lineup at one time? Ah good times!

With Rogers healthy the pitching will be much better. I think the offense will be ok with Seggern and Hannon back. They have to get Milloy going, shortening her swing would greatly help. The defense was mind blowingly bad for no real reason (routine plays botched all the time). Turner though far from perfect earned my respect last year for having to carry the load through that defense mess. And, you are right as much as i love the Ladyvols we were going nowhere last year.
I thought I should give credit where credit is due. Holcomb, Turner, Ally, and Morgan were all pretty stellar on defense all year.

I thought I should give credit where credit is due. Holcomb, Turner, Ally, and Morgan were all pretty stellar on defense all year.
I was somewhat disappointed in Miloy on both the defense and offensive side of the ball. She of course is young and i think she will be much improved all the way around. Turner as stated played defense as good as any pitcher has in a long time. Solid everywhere but up the middle with Ally the others are still a question mark. I will love the RH hitters getting here and hope they are as good as advertised. Morgan will hit better as well i do believe and pitching will be solid! JMHO as always!

Another committ:

I could find little info on her and no video hitting. Assume slapper but anyone with more info please share. She is all state in Georgia in 4a? not the highest or lowest level.

Reactions: coy moore
Another committ:

I could find little info on her and no video hitting. Assume slapper but anyone with more info please share. She is all state in Georgia in 5a?, not sure of level.

Reactions: Volfan2012
I saw where Brockenbrough is 5'4" 100 pounds runs a 13 second 100 meter dash. I think she is a slapper not very big wouldn't seem to have much in the way of a power hitter.

I saw where Brockenbrough is 5'4" 100 pounds runs a 13 second 100 meter dash. I think she is a slapper not very big wouldn't seem to have much in the way of a power hitter.
I dont mind a slapper or two that can stay in the box and speed to burn. I just dont want to have them all in the same lineup daily!
Another cutie and just continues the wealth of good looking athletes! Standing by Ralph and Karen she looks taller than 5.4 but who cares!

Reactions: Volfan2012
I dont mind a slapper or two that can stay in the box and speed to burn. I just dont want to have them all in the same lineup daily!
Another cutie and just continues the wealth of good looking athletes! Standing by Ralph and Karen she looks taller than 5.4 but who cares!
She certainly looks a lot taller than 5'4" to me as well in that photo. I got that off Max Preps so you never know how accurate they are on anything.

Reactions: sccshortstop
Unless Ralph and Karen are standing in holes, that girl is not 5'4"....She is another cutie, which I will never complain about.

Reactions: sccshortstop
This video is from Brockenbrough's twitter page. I guess it's her? Never seen an at bat like this one. She takes 1 hand completely off the bat and drag bunts 1 handed.

Never seen that and i have been involved in softball for many many years. I guess the coaches are ok with it and if they are i am!!

Reactions: Benionsopinion
I guess that could be her but if that is her slapping game she will be swinging away. Here's more info:

She seems to be ranked fairly high, and does show a mix of speed and power. The one tweet mentions her drag bunting. Surely she doesn't do it one handed all the time. Seems like Alabama may have been after her.

Last edited:
This is random but watching games before the shutdown it seems in the current game drag bunting is more effective overall than slapping. With the rule changes and defenses being able to handle slappers a hitter that is a threat to at least gap a ball is really effective if she can drag bunt.

Reactions: GameTime
I guess that could be her but if that is her slapping game she will be swinging away. Here's more info:

She seems to be ranked fairly high, and does show a mix of speed and power. The one tweet mentions her drag bunting. Surely she doesn't do it one handed all the time. Seems like Alabama may have been after her.

Definitely an exciting player.....
When she moves up in the box, she is ready for action....

VN Store

Back