'22 VA WR Carson Jenkins

I've watched thousands of 40 yard dashes and it is only a guess based on that. It's not that the athletes exaggerate or lie, it's that stopwatch timing is extremely inaccurate, it just is. And like I said, he didn't even have a start horn or anything. The kid might well be fast and a good football player but I'd put 100 down right now that he doesn't time under 4.4 laser.

I realize you're from right down the road and feel the need to defend this kid, but there's no need. Nobody is questioning his talent or calling him a liar. But the method of timing that 40 is not accurate, and that's just a fact. Sorry.
I never heard of the guy until the thread started. The guy is fast and I’m not going to dispute his time but will be interested in seeing additional information on him the next couple of years. His location has nothing to do with my opinion. If anyone suggests a high school player is running a 4.35 as a sophomore , I will be interested in seeing if he becomes a Vol even if he is from Alaska.

I never heard of the guy until the thread started. The guy is fast and I’m not going to dispute his time but will be interested in seeing additional information on him the next couple of years. His location has nothing to do with my opinion. If anyone suggests a high school player is running a 4.35 as a sophomore , I will be interested in seeing if he becomes a Vol even if he is from Alaska.
Again, nothing to do with the kid. If he can play bring him on. I’m only asserting that stopwatches are unreliable to time 40s.

Again, nothing to do with the kid. If he can play bring him on. I’m only asserting that stopwatches are unreliable to time 40s.
Exact times yes, but I bet you can get within a tenth of a second. You have to est and add in delay times for the start and finish hand movements by the person timing the run.

Reactions: VolGBO6
Exact times yes, but I bet you can get within a tenth of a second. You have to est and add in delay times for the start and finish hand movements by the person timing the run.
I don’t know if you meant hundredth of a second, but a tenth of a second would be the difference between 4.35 and 4.45. The latter is still very fast but pretty typical of a college football skill position. That’s a huge difference. I get that you don’t wanna take my word for it, but this is one of the few things I do know about. We may as well postpone this discussion until he’s lasered at an event, if he’s invited to one. I could be wrong, but I really doubt it in this case.

Reactions: Smokebern20
I’m not sure I’d consider it decent, either. Don’t be triggered just cuz you’re from there 😌
Your statement is also BS. The Tri-Cities area which includes SW Virginia is not the rural hicktown geographical area that some may think it is. We do have probably 250k to 400k population which can produce decent football.

Your statement is also BS. The Tri-Cities area which includes SW Virginia is not the rural hicktown geographical area that some may think it is. We do have probably 250k to 400k population which can produce decent football.
I have family there in that region plus I’ve worked in that area many times. I should know. I wouldn’t exactly refer to it as a talent rich hotbed. Don’t be acting like you know it all, all the time. You have the tendency to be the get off my lawn guy. 👍 any time someone disagrees with you, you take it personal.

Reactions: Ridgerunner Vol
I have family there in that region plus I’ve worked in that area many times. I should know. I wouldn’t exactly refer to it as a talent rich hotbed. Don’t be acting like you know it all, all the time. You have the tendency to be the get off my lawn guy. 👍 any time someone disagrees with you, you take it personal.
Read my first post. Never stated is was a hotbed like a larger metropolitan area. Decent football is the term I used. You escalated this by questioning the “decent” reference so don’t get butthurt If I come
back at you. BTW , The Tricities area population is closer to 500K.

“Get of the Lawn Guy” Depends on the circumstances.

If they are damaging my lawn-yes
If they are on my lawn late at night-yes
If they are strangers acting suspicious or on the lawn for an unreasonable amount of time, I will ask them cordially If there is anything I can help them with. Hopefully they would get the hint.

Last edited:
Read my first post. Never stated is was a hotbed like a larger metropolitan area. Decent football is the term I used. You escalated this by questioning the “decent” reference so don’t get butthurt If I come
back at you. BTW , The Tricities area population is closer to 500K.

“Get of the Lawn Guy” Depends on the circumstances.

If they are damaging my lawn-yes
If they are on my lawn late at night-yes
If they are strangers acting suspicious or on the lawn for an unreasonable amount of time, I will ask them cordially If there is anything I can help them with. Hopefully they would get the hint.
Difference is I didn’t get butthurt. But whichever 🤷‍♂️ Have a nice day

SWVA has good football. Union, Ridgeview, Graham, Richlands have all produced D1 athletes in recent years.
Gate City has sent players to Virginia Tech. Castlewoid’s Justin Hamilton went to Virginia Tech and I believe he made it to the NFL. Of course there were Thomas Jones and Julius Jones from Powell Valley.

You must have-you obviously did not like the “decent” reference enough to comment on it so I guess it upset you. My post wasn’t provocative by any means.
I’m just stating the fact of the way you present yourself sometimes. I never specifically tried to point out something you didn’t say, I never said you were saying they’re elite. Anyway, I’m done talking about it. This’ll be a thread that’s 3 pages of slinging mud back n forth.

I’m just stating the fact of the way you present yourself sometimes. I never specifically tried to point out something you didn’t say, I never said you were saying they’re elite. Anyway, I’m done talking about it. This’ll be a thread that’s 3 pages of slinging mud back n forth.
LOL-The mudslinging if you want to call it that started with you. You can make a counter point but if someone else makes a counterpoint it is mudslinging ?

I grew up and live in the Tri Cities. There is very few if any D1 talent in this area.

I grew up and live in the Tri Cities. There is very few if any D1 talent in this area.
Check the other recent posts in this thread. Tri-Cities has produced D1 talent including Jason Witten, Heath Miller, Thomas and Julius Jones,
Gerald Sensaubaugh and others mentioned in some prior posts in this thread. The Tri-Cities probably produces as a pct of population D1 talent comparable to pct in Metropolitan areas( of course).

And even less across state lines into VA. This area is awful for football as a whole. The competition is not good and you rarely have kids go D1 about one every 10 years.
LOL - 1 in every 10 years. You are clueless. Check the other recent posts in this thread.

VN Store

Back