Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have had some car break-ins recently in our neighborhood and even had four cars stolen in one night two weeks ago in West Knoxville. It seems like we are being cased constantly as suspicious cars keep getting caught on neighbors’ cameras circling slowly around the neighborhood multiple times. Anyone have any creative ideas to catch/deter these bastages? We have a lot of neighbors with cameras and have a neighborhood Facebook page to share info.

Have everyone in the neighborhood leave their porch and flood lights on for awhile.

After 25 years and before the internet really got started? No, I’m not going to look for it. But I do remember the bottom line. The 50 yard story was at the beginning of the season and of course the draft report was a few months later in the spring. It disappointed me significantly because I thought at the time that Shuler was going to be the next Montana with one of the strongest arms in NFL history.
So it wasn’t a report out of the Combine? Didn’t figure since I never heard of it. Maybe you were disappointed because of some amateur yahoo. Norv Turner wasn’t a great HC but he knew his QBs at least their physical qualifications. He doesn’t sign off on a “less than mediocre” arm with his first high pick.

After 25 years and before the internet really got started? No, I’m not going to look for it. But I do remember the bottom line. The 50 yard story was at the beginning of the season and of course the draft report was a few months later in the spring. It disappointed me significantly because I thought at the time that Shuler was going to be the next Montana with one of the strongest arms in NFL history.
Is this blue font? Montana’s talent wasn’t exceptional arm strength?

Typo’s corrected. Every time I type in Dobbs it is being auto corrected to Donna or Donn for some reason. Frustrating. I watched or read the ESPN report about Shuler throwing 50 yards on one knee and then a few months later the draft report stated he had less than average NFL arm strength. I was disappointed in hearing that at the time because being a UT fan I had bought into the hype. It’s been 25 years.
NFL reports also said Manning had "happy feet"; NFL reports, also, almost led to Ryan Leaf being drafted before him. NFL reports also led to Ki-Jana Carter and Jamarcus Russell being drafted #1 overall...etc, and so forth.

Shame you bought into such a thing, when all you had to do was watch Shuler throw missiles each week while wearing orange. Thought you said you watched his games? Obviously a different Shuler than the rest of us were watching. Maybe you saw Benji throw a WR pass in a game, and are confused?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back