Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kinda want Nieds on the sidelines.
I feel like Neids is less juice and more of the chill, older brother type - great for recruiting, less impactful on the sideline. I also imagine being in the booth w Chaney is of greater benefit to two young coaches like Neids and O - awesome learning opportunity, and both of those guys have valuable input.

@Atlanta VOL are those few guys on the DL considering sitting this season going to opt out?

Can’t recall where it was said, but Aubrey Solomon and Middleton have confirmed they are going to play this year. No opt outs on the dl. Would feel even better if @Atlanta VOL confirms tho

Chaney had some awesome things to say about the young playmakers to the QB Club. Expect big things out of Wideman/Holiday/Hyatt early. Said the only way Ty or Eric isn't on the field he must've had a heart attack. Sound like more of the same with JG. Said they won't hesitate to find a spark if JG is struggling. Sound like JG has had some moments in camp that he went cold. Confident in JT. Said he see's the field better this year, has better command of the offense this year as well. Likes his Swag a lot.

I know he played two years. You mentioned the game where Shuler took over a game. I probably watched Dobbs in 6 games the last two years he played completely decimate defenses by passing and running. Shuler was good but not great. Dobbs was good but not great, but had far more spectacular games than Shuler IMO.
Heath was more physically talented than Dobbs. Dobbs was smarter on and off the field.

Shuler probably has the best arm of any QB UT has ever had. He ran a legit 4.5 40 and was a state 110 hurdles champion. He was actually All State as a Safety. The All State QB was a kid from Greensboro who played for GT. We grew up in the same small town and attended the same church. Great guy. Amazing athlete. Had to work a lot more than most to make good grades and learn the playbook. He would have been great in the modern era of spread option/check with me football.

He made an awful mistake going pro early but had always dreamed of playing for the Redskins.

Heath had a better OL. Both had good RB's. Dobbs had much better receivers.

Reactions: DarthVol1
Heath was more physically talented than Dobbs. Dobbs was smarter on and off the field.

Shuler probably has the best arm of any QB UT has ever had. He ran a legit 4.5 40 and was a state 110 hurdles champion. He was actually All State as a Safety. The All State QB was a kid from Greensboro who played for GT. We grew up in the same small town and attended the same church. Great guy. Amazing athlete. Had to work a lot more than most to make good grades and learn the playbook. He would have been great in the modern era of spread option/check with me football.

He made an awful mistake going pro early but had always dreamed of playing for the Redskins.

Heath had a better OL. Both had good RB's. Dobbs had much better receivers.
Shulers arm strength was over-hyped. ESPN reported that Shuler hit a goal post from the 50 yard line On one knee but the NFL draft report was that he had less than average arm strength. I was following this at the time and was surprised by the draft analysis because I thought Shuler had super human arm strength at the time. Regardless of Shulers speed and strength , Dobbs was a better athlete and more elusive running the ball. Both had similar last year QBR ratings at UT. In fact they both had better QBR ratings their last year than Manning had in any year at UT which I found surprising.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Once again, we both watched the games and we hopelessly disagree. Not interested in blasting Dobbs to match your disdain for Shuler.
Not disdain, he was a good solid Qb and more polished as a Qb than Dobbs but Dobbs brought intangibles to the game that made him a better playmaker than Shuler and therefore more valuable to UT in their respective careers IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back