Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s game week and I could not be happier that it’s here! I want to give appreciation to Greg Sankey for holding firm over a month ago and ultimately being the leader to save college football this season. He’s due a lot of credit, now that we’ve made it.
He ain't getting ish from me until he clears Cade Mays.

Game week, morans. Past time for the likes of @Bassmaster_Vol and @chargervol to join the party.

ComfortableDifficultAlligator-size_restricted.gif
giphy.gif

Once again, we both watched the games and we hopelessly disagree. Not interested in blasting Dobbs to match your disdain for Shuler.
Which one finished second in Heisman voting and was the 3rd overall pick in the draft? Dobbs could've been that good in college if they actually let him run more. Two completely different qb's that are trying to be compared though.

Reactions: walkenvol
Which one finished second in Heisman voting and was the 3rd overall pick in the draft? Dobbs could've been that good in college if they actually let him run more. Two completely different qb's that are trying to be compared though.
Only time I remember them limiting Dobbs in running attempts was after his ribs took a beating against Appy State. Dobbs more gifted and instinctual runner but Shuler was highly athletic in that department and was the better overall passer. So not that different if you take into account the offensive systems they operated in.

Reactions: VolDC
Only time I remember them limiting Dobbs in running attempts was after his ribs took a beating against Appy State. Dobbs more gifted and instinctual runner but Shuler was highly athletic in that department and was the better overall passer. So not that different if you take into account the offensive systems they operated in.
I felt like they could've run Dobbs more. Kinda like the comeback game at South Carolina?

You gotta be kidding me??? We all know what this means...certain teams will not have starters and significant contributors test positive ever, while certain teams will have major players test positive especially when the first set of teams face the 2nd set of teams. Put your cups on...we will get screwed over again.

How much you want to bet that third party will be based out of Birmingham?

Hopefully that's a big part of it, but I think there is a lack of talent on the DLine. We have experience and some older players, but we are waiting for a Henry T or a Bryce Thompson of the DL to emerge.
The good news is Pruitt and Ansley did a lot with that lack of talent last year.

I think Dobbs might could have been as good if he had had a coaching staff who understood the throw game

Reactions: VolDC
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back