Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
If something is already profitable, does it really need that much help to inject new capital when there is already a huge primary market for equity/debt funding? Or maybe you mean through like angel/VC funding?

Helpful as well, but charities too can drive enterprise, in the sorts these guys back. Not just talking typical Meals on Wheels type charity, which is great too, but they are trying to fix huge problems through entrepreneurship, such as grants for inventors to find more efficient, useful toilet/sewage systems in Africa, where it is a major problem with clean water.

All to say, "charities" can spur a ton of innovation, growth, and jobs as well. And do a ton of great for huge swaths of people.
With the amount of money we are talking about, I'm talking about investing in huge enterprises that are normally only only accessable to governments. Elon Musk is an example of this kind of investing.

With the amount of money we are talking about, I'm talking about investing in huge enterprises that are normally only only accessable to governments. Elon Musk is an example of this kind of investing.
Not disagreeing, I think either is better than handing it all off to your spoiled heirs (though that is totally your right).

Just curious what you are talking about with Musk. I don't follow him. What is it he invests in that others can't, other than he's obviously an "accredited investor" and can get into more unregistered offerings?

Not disagreeing, I think either is better than handing it all off to your spoiled heirs (though that is totally your right).

Just curious what you are talking about with Musk. I don't follow him. What is it he invests in that others can't, other than he's obviously an "accredited investor" and can get into more unregistered offerings?
He has basically made it feasible to electrify transportation and made space a paying business - both things that would have taken 50 years at the rate things usually go. His was not only investing but giving active leadership.

So not defending him or attacking you. @ACvol3 has been doing that for years with anyone who gives the appearance of an insider. It’s part of his posting style, like catbone and his negativity. To be fair, probably between 70-90% of insiders are fake. He happens to think they all are.
I get what you’re saying, but the whole point is if you believe AV is real, fine, read his posts, if not, scroll past them. It’s pretty simple to me.

He could lose 99.999% of his wealth/equity and still be just above a millionaire (literally)
I heard it expressed like this: All of us in here are much closer to being multi-millionaires than is Zuckerberg (or Gates, Bezos, Musk, et. al.)

South Carolina is basically a perfect opening game because they’re good enough to test you and bad enough to expect you should win.

Good point. Hate those FCS openers that tell you nothing. We should have a good feel going into UGA, after them and Mizzou.

This defense should be top half of the SEC.
Love our secondary, but pass rush...idk. Ubben said our secondary has been strong through camp and BT and AT could both legit be All-SEC level.

My biggest concern is losing 3 vetern, vocal leaders, 1 at each level. Bituli and Warrior were absolute bosses at getting us lined up last year. Sounds like Toots has taken on that role, now just need to see it in action. Need a vocal leader at safety as well. Camp talk about the DL has been bad bad, just hoping our OL is just that good 🙏

Last edited:
Reactions: captainfalcon777
Good point. Hate those FCS openers that tell you nothing. We should have a good feel going into UGA, after them and Mizzou.

Love our secondary, but pass rush...idk. Ubben said our secondary has been stronf through camp and BT and AR could both legit be All-SEC level.

Agree...I predict a lot of pieces involved from the get go...should have a good feel of expectations by end of UGA game.

Hopefully the D line isn’t an “issue”.

Reactions: Devo182
Let's say Mizzou claims they are too shorthanded and can't play. Also, the game can't be rescheduled successfully down the road. Should this go down as a loss for Mizzou?

Reactions: BennesseeVols
Just saw where Jackson Lowe entered the transfer portal. The tight end position is definitely thin right now.

Just saw where Jackson Lowe entered the transfer portal. The tight end position is definitely thin right now.
Makin room for that 2021 TE class 💪

Worst comes to worst, throw a monster OL out there as an additional blocker and steamroll folks. Right side - Cade RG, Darnell RT, Spraggins TE. Trey pulling from the LG position...I wanna see someone block that!!

Musk has basically been funded by the government though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back