Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like anyone and everyone is taking pot shots at the B10 right now. I'm not. They made a decision to put player and fan safety first. At the time they made their decision, we were still grappling with testing, protection measures, and tracing. As a nation, we've come a long way. I would have rather them made a decision for the right reasons than rush into something and it being a disaster. I thought the SEC approach to wait and see how to manage the problem was a good one. Sometimes patience yields big rewards.

🤮

Whitten came to Tennessee as a DE. Fulmer made him change positions and taught him how to be a TE. Whitten fought that move but credits Fulmer for making him millions of dollars in the NFL. You just never know, until you know :):)
I know that Whitten never played here.

Seems like anyone and everyone is taking pot shots at the B10 right now. I'm not. They made a decision to put player and fan safety first. At the time they made their decision, we were still grappling with testing, protection measures, and tracing. As a nation, we've come a long way. I would have rather them made a decision for the right reasons than rush into something and it being a disaster. I thought the SEC approach to wait and see how to manage the problem was a good one. Sometimes patience yields big rewards.
They caved after ridiculing other conferences for not following their lead. **** em!

He may come out and be the second coming of Joe Burrow, but with this move I can almost hear Muschamp/Bobo saying "don't turn the ball over, get us in the right plays, keep us in the game til the end and maybe we will find a way to win the game".
I think he would have to have a much better supporting cast to have a chance at a Burrow repeat. It would be foolish to expect the addition of a transfer QB to ever again have a Burrow impact.

If your 5 year old constantly misspelled "dogs", as "dawgs", and went around barking at other humans, as if he was an actual dog, wouldn't you be extremely concerned?

Why is this acceptable behavior for any adult??

We should shine a light on this devastating psychological infliction. It seems only right to get these people help when mental health is such a big issue in society today.

What a nasty, virtue signaling elitist *****...instant hatred...🤬
I like the way the big 10 proclaims itself as a higher moral leader so soon after it was found to be a safe haven for that gymnastics coach.

Edit : sorry, after starting my post, realized I couldn't remember his name. It was Larry Nassar and his was one of the most reprehensible string of violation of trust I've ever heard of. With that and Sandusky in the background of their member institutions, I can't see how the Big 10 could make a claim of superiority over anyone.

Last edited:
My daughter set me up a FB account about 10 years ago as my birthday 'surprise', as she said it was a way to connect with old high school friends. I told her that any HS friends I didn't stay in touch with after HS were the ones I didn't want to stay in touch with. Anyway, she talked me in to trying it and I got on there a handful of times over a 3 month period during which time I confirmed what I thought - I didn't want to reconnect with people I had not stayed in touch with. That account has long since been deactivated. Never have had twitter, or instagram, or any other social media.

4fb6d7.jpg
I'm with you. FB was the only social media account that I had but I had to close that a few months ago because I continually got hacked. I'll never knew why they tried to hack me but I got tired of changing my password every week. I just gave up and I haven't missed it one bit. My friends who need to reach me have my email and phone number. Life is good again ;);)

Looks like we found the female Dan Wolken, and it isn't a pretty image. She doesn't think highly of the SEC but definitely does think very highly of herself.

For decades, the Big Ten has thought of itself as a different kind of sports conference, one that proudly touts the academic achievements and Great Lakes values of its like-minded, highly-regarded, internationally-ranked research institutions. The Big Ten wasn’t the SEC; it wasn’t the Big 12. It was better than that, and it was happy to tell you all about it.
As proof, one only had to look at the conference’s prudent August decision to shut down fall sports in the midst of the global pandemic. It was only natural that the Big Ten would follow the Ivy League, and that the Pac-12 would follow the Big Ten. It was a tough decision, heartbreaking and costly, but it was the right one.
That’s the Big Ten for you, concerned about science, medicine and safety. Let the football factories of the SEC, Big 12 and ACC (Clemson’s playground) continue playing; the Big Ten was doing the right thing looking out for its student-athletes, treating them almost no differently than the student body at large, and that was all that mattered.

Then came Wednesday, the darkest day in Big Ten sports history, the day the vaunted conference caved. It choked. It got scared. It became the SEC.

And she manages to blame Nebraska and the president specifically along the way for good measure.

This is the Nebraska-ization of the Big Ten. Who would have thought that when Nebraska and Ohio State and a few of the league’s other squeakiest wheels started whining about missing out on football, the Big Ten presidents would buckle rather than stand up to them?

Or, we could call it the Trumpeting of the Big Ten. It was just two weeks ago that Trump, desperate to win votes in Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio and Pennsylvania, told the conference to play football. Originally, the league stood its ground. Rutgers president Jonathan Holloway aptly called it “cheap politics.” But wouldn’t you know, the university presidents ended up following right along, giving Trump exactly what he wanted.

Well, I do agree with her on something.

While much of the blame for the awful about-face goes to the university presidents who chose money and football over sanity and caution, new Big Ten commissioner Kevin Warren also contributed greatly to this public relations nightmare. This is a man who clearly is in way over his head. The poor guy was outmaneuvered by a few loud-mouth football coaches, for heaven’s sake. No matter how he explains it, it’s clear that he and the league flip-flopped so Ohio State can try to win a national title and the league can still make lots of money off the backs of 18-to-22-year-olds in the middle of a pandemic.

Big Ten football decision marks darkest day in conference's history
I think the lady is too stupid to understand the concept of their decision. In the end, it was all about not losing millions of dollars in revenue.

He may come out and be the second coming of Joe Burrow, but with this move I can almost hear Muschamp/Bobo saying "don't turn the ball over, get us in the right plays, keep us in the game til the end and maybe we will find a way to win the game".
Welp they aren’t starting Hilinski they are starting the Transfer from Colorado who knows Bobo’s system.

I'm with you. FB was the only social media account that I had but I had to close that a few months ago because I continually got hacked. I'll never knew why they tried to hack me but I got tired of changing my password every week. I just gave up and I haven't missed it one bit. My friends who need to reach me have my email and phone number. Life is good again ;);)
Zuckerberg is the one nouveau billionaire I would love to see become a pauper.

Nah they decided to trot out fake science to try to pressure other conferences. Fugg em.

If I was a teenager and had a chance at HGH, I would probably do it. Not the more conventional steroids, though.

Probably the reason why Barron Trump is already 8 feet tall. 6'2" Trump + 5'11" Melania + a healthy dose of optimized nutrition and HGH.

Fairly certain he’s coming off his 2nd or 3rd ACL tear. They’re only going with him because he knows Bobo’s offense so well already.

This. Game prep will probably be studying a lot of Colorado St. offense film. Picking that QB over Hilinski just because he knows the offense is kinda dumb though. This season is a freebie. I would be getting Hilinski a free year of game experience for the future. I assume Muschamp knows he could be in the unemployment line if this season is a disaster and it's more of a panic move, but who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back