Reply to a question

Almost interceptions apparently are just as bad as interceptions..here on volnation!!!
Notice anyone that brings that up avoids the near ints JG threw like the plague? He threw 8 for the season and could’ve easily been 12-15 if not for the same reasons that the defense dropped them.

Reactions: whodeycin85
My feeling is JG may will start against Cocky, but if he struggles, he'll be on a short leash and JT will be in there. I trust Pruitt to trust Chaney. If CJC prefers JT, then JT will start. I think Maurer us out of the equation for now.
Due to injury or do you think Shrout has developed more over the last year?

so someone had asked me about the latest scrimmage or practice report in reference to JG and the rest of the qbs. I couldnt find the mention so here you have it. Guys if we don't move on from JG then this will be a rough season.
I wouldn't put a lot of stock in this. Everybody knows JG tears it up in practice. It's when the lights come on on Saturdays that gets to him.:oops:

While that is true, the same can be said for JG against Vandy and Indiana. His awful play in both those games made them way harder than it should've been.

1 TD and 3 Interceptions in those two games. He threw as many TDs for the opponent as he did TN.
With the obvious difference being that Maurer was a true Fr and JG's poor play came at the end of his 4th year as a college QB.

Reactions: PandamoniumReigns
practice reports I read did not say anything about looking bad and also said Shrout locking up backup job. So it appears a lot of the accusations in this thread, especially the original one, are just not true

He was concussed literally 2 plays before the second pick
That fall on his head and neck was brutal. I almost ralphed on someone in Z11 watching the replay. I could tell on the hand off before the pick on the next play he didnt know where he was our how many fingers anyone was holding up.

did anyone bother to read the practice notes? Basically this entire thread is fake news
He could be wrong this time... but the OP has a history of having reliable insider info. No doubt the situation could be a false impression or could evolve. It is possible that the staff is simply stretching JG and trying to make him fail so he can be coached up. A few years ago reports of Ainge struggling kept coming out. Crompton was hitting high %'s in scrimmages. What fans didn't know is that the two were operating at different levels of difficulty.

That could be true here.... or not. What we do know is that JG has struggled with decision making and anticipating throws. We know that he's been a practice All-American his whole career at UT but has not translated it to the field.

I think highly of this staff as coaches of the game. But I'll have to see it to believe it at this point from JG regardless of who says what.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
did anyone bother to read the practice notes? Basically this entire thread is fake news
He could be wrong this time... but the OP has a history of having reliable insider info. No doubt the situation could be a false impression or could evolve. It is possible that the staff is simply stretching JG and trying to make him fail so he can be coached up. A few years ago reports of Ainge struggling kept coming out. Crompton was hitting high %'s in scrimmages. What fans didn't know is that the two were operating at different levels of difficulty.

That could be true here.... or not. What we do know is that JG has struggled with decision making and anticipating throws. We know that he's been a practice All-American his whole career at UT but has not translated it to the field.

I think highly of this staff as coaches of the game. But I'll have to see it to believe it at this point from JG regardless of who says what.
All I know is that as of early last week, CJP said JG was playing his best football. Take it for what it's worth.

I trust the staff will make the best decision and play the players that will give us the best shot to win.
Similar messaging to last year. That doesn't make it false.... or reliable.

That fall on his head and neck was brutal. I almost ralphed on someone in Z11 watching the replay. I could tell on the hand off before the pick on the next play he didnt know where he was our how many fingers anyone was holding up.
That’s why, in my mind it’s hard to blame for the second red zone pick. I love Chaney but I think he made a mistake calling a pass play when Maurer fell on a simple handoff the play after. However, it did fire me up when Maurer landed like that and popped right up talking chit to the defense.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
That’s why, in my mind it’s hard to blame for the second red zone pick. I love Chaney but I think he made a mistake calling a pass play when Maurer fell on a simple handoff the play after. However, it did fire me up when Maurer landed like that and popped right up talking chit to the defense.
He's got to learn to slide...
He should have finished that game.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
Yes made me almost sick, looked awful

@sjt18 i am certainly not discounting conley’s contribution. He has brought good info to the site before now. All i was saying is that people that are truly allowed to peep behind the orange curtain said the exact opposite.

JG might still have a shot at Heisman. I know of a guy who threw only 3 touchdown passes, but had 13 interceptions for the season, and his team went 2-8. Still won the Heisman.

@sjt18 i am certainly not discounting conley’s contribution. He has brought good info to the site before now. All i was saying is that people that are truly allowed to peep behind the orange curtain said the exact opposite.
Yeah. But sometimes those media folks are told they cannot report some things they see.

We won't know until we all get to see it. And even if the reports of JG's practice performance are absolutely true... he's still a guy who has a history of looking better in practice than on gameday. Unless he's improved significantly, I hope one of the other guys has stepped up... and JG has a short leash.

Notice anyone that brings that up avoids the near ints JG threw like the plague? He threw 8 for the season and could’ve easily been 12-15 if not for the same reasons that the defense dropped them.
Lol, BM would have 10 in 85 attempts if almost ints were counted. I nominate your post for hypocritical post of the year, what a joke of a comment, pure adolescent middle school type stuff from you.

He
All I know is that as of early last week, CJP said JG was playing his best football. Take it for what it's worth.

I trust the staff will make the best decision and play the players that will give us the best shot to win.
He always plays his best football in practice..its games that matter

He's got to learn to slide...
He should have finished that game.
I normally agree with you and you’re right that he needs to learn to slide so we agree there. However that wasn’t a sliding situation on that particular play imo (not that I would’ve blamed him). If you take another look at it the defender that got him was beat to the inside on Maurers cut. He reached back and got lucky by getting Maurers inside foot vs the outside foot. If he’d gotten the outside foot Maurer runs through it and likely either scores or just gets tripped up. So I understand what Maurer seen because I was sitting on the defensive side with the play coming right at me and there was no one else there to stop him from splitting the safety’s . Maurer seen 6 if he could only get around that one guy. But a great play by the defender resulted in a very unfortunate outcome that likely changed the landscape of the roster today.

Lol, BM would have 10 in 85 attempts if almost ints were counted. I nominate your post for hypocritical post of the year, what a joke of a comment, pure adolescent middle school type stuff from you.
How do you explain thay JG turnovers cost more points then BMs???? How do you explain in the MSU game 3/5 Redzone drive for BM. JG 1/5.....thats the difference..btw. i cam breakdown the other games too. Ga st. 4 rz drive out 12 total for JG. Thats why we lost

The defense doesn't respect JGs throwing ability and why we see 8 in the box against us and why we finished around 85th in the country in rushing offense. Until we find someone....anyone at QB that can change that we will continue to see more of the same.
Name the teams and show us some video of 8 in the box.

You calling me hypocritical is actually very hypocritical. The irony in that statement coming from YOU is next level “WTF?”. I’ve never denied that he had “near ints”. He absolutely did. BUT people like you, that have brought it up several times, avoid the FACT that while criticizing him for “near ints” you fail to mention JGs “near ints”. Kind of hypocritical wouldn’t you say? 🤔

VN Store

Back