Jake Fromm 2.0

Given how unusual the run-up to the season has been due to COVID-19 protocols, I’d be shocked if any freshman in the nation starts the season looking terrific. I think people need to lower their expectations for these players and this season because nobody is getting the level of work in that they did in the past. It’s not fair to call anyone overrated when they are very likely just under-practiced.

I actually was at that game. Vandergriff can throw it 40 yds on a rope and on target. He is tall and can move. But our local kid, Stockton (Gunner Stockton - how cool a name is that for a qb!) has just as good an arm, but he is more muscular especially in his legs, and he is fast! He has had excellent coaches, and their offensive system has taken this small AA school to the state playoffs for several years in a row. And Stockton is only a junior. He can throw it 60 yards on a rope. I am telling you, this kid is the real deal!

Last edited:
Maybe he will be like Peyton. Manning was a lot better NFL QB than college.

Manning didn't get the help he needed at Tennessee. There was plenty of jealousy/resentment going on. Interesting that the 98 team won the Nat'l Title; after the #1 Draft Pick had Graduated. Yes; I saw it personally.

I hope so, 3 straight division titles, 1 SEC title, 2 sugar bowls, 1 win, 1 Rose bowl, 1 win, 1 NC game......hope he lives up to that..,,
There's a lot of dawg fans that would disagree with you.
Let's wait and see if Fromm wins any SB rings before we make that comparison.

And as a holder doesn't count.
Didn't his career end before it started?

Pretty sure Peyton also missed his chances too, just another Fromm?

tumblr_oto92e8YgQ1u1ljrzo1_500.gif

I hope so, 3 straight division titles, 1 SEC title, 2 sugar bowls, 1 win, 1 Rose bowl, 1 win, 1 NC game......hope he lives up to that..,,
Fromm was underrated as a game manager and played so calm as a true true Freshman. We talk $h## but he was better every year against us.

There's a lot of dawg fans that would disagree with you.
No rational ones would. Led UGA to its most successful season in 4 decades and showed up in the big games including game tying and game winning drives in the playoffs. Fromm certainly wasn’t the reason UGA lost to bama either time considering he went 250+ 2/1 in the natty and 300+ 3/0 in the SECC. Doubt anyone would say he wasn’t a great college QB. Having said that, he doesn’t have the arm strength to be successful in the NFL. Doubt he lasts more than a year or so.

No rational ones would. Led UGA to its most successful season in 4 decades and showed up in the big games including game tying and game winning drives in the playoffs. Fromm certainly wasn’t the reason UGA lost to bama either time considering he went 250+ 2/1 in the natty and 300+ 3/0 in the SECC. Doubt anyone would say he wasn’t a great college QB. Having said that, he doesn’t have the arm strength to be successful in the NFL. Doubt he lasts more than a year or so.
He was a good game manager style QB with an elite cast of playmakers surrounding him.

He was a good game manager style QB with an elite cast of playmakers surrounding him.
I’d agree with that. Though he did show up in some big games 2019 proved he wasn’t a player that could carry a team. Still, he was an excellent game manager which was what Chaney/Smart wanted at the time. Just seems like you need more than a game manager to win a title in today’s game.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife

VN Store

Back