'21 TN OL Jmarion Jenkins-Gooch (Missouri commit)

It could end up being a big week literally and figuratively speaking in recruiting. On Monday, the Vols flipped J’Marion Gooch from Auburn. Tennessee has always liked Gooch and his upside. They wanted to see more of him when he committed to Auburn back in the spring. After seeing tape of him this fall, Tennessee pushed harder and he was ready to flip to the Vols.
-Vq

I never hear anything about Akpo I doubt he will figure in to the starting line up Maybe strong but will always be a backup
You didn’t hear anything about Calbert for years cepting injuries. Forgot he was on the roster til last year...now I remember him. True story!

Can we give a guy that's been in the program a year or two before we write him off? Especially an OL. Geez

I mean, I can see this assessment of JJ Peterson at LB being his 3rd year and we've seen him in action under perform several times. Chris Akpo has signed and spent a year developing in the SC program without playing. All we know is he wasn't better than the starters last season. That's it, he's still a freshman!

I mean, I can see this assessment of JJ Peterson at LB being his 3rd year and we've seen him in action under perform several times. Chris Akpo has signed and spent a year developing in the SC program without playing. All we know is he wasn't better than the starters last season. That's it, he's still a freshman!
And other than his time at IMG Academy, that’s all the football he had played. Chris has an awesome story.

And other than his time at IMG Academy, that’s all the football he had played. Chris has an awesome story.

He looks genetically gifted. As raw and strong as he looks, it seems like they're trying to figure out if he's a tackle or guard. He's a tad shorter than the other tackles, but his wingspan is hella long....

Well if Auburn wanted one and Saban was pissed about losing the other I think we got the better half of the deal regardless of Orrs rating.

1000% agree. I just think that’s why the other poster said Gooch was an even bigger flip - bc we were linked to Orr and Pounds at one time

VN Store

Back