Can JT Shrout take the # 2 QB Spot?

I haven't watched highlights. I prefer full game film...but it wouldn't surprise me....i mean think how many times out WR had to adjust just to make a catch...
They seemed to have played every week last year on national tv. Watching him live gives a difference in perspective as well but you can look up quite a few full games on you tube. Georgia Hs football is extremely commercialized. Has a lot to do with why so many think Georgia has more talent than Florida/Texas or Cali.

There are a lot of assumptions being made by reporters and fans.... Did someone from the staff announce a starter? I heard Weinke specifically say that none of the depth chart at QB has been determined yet.

And threw to him well the previous season. Still haven’t figured where he erred. QB’s you guys respect? They throw more to their less dangerous targets?
I don’t think he erred at all. Gilbert is a freak outlier but HB made a lot of those guys look really really good.

There are a lot of assumptions being made by reporters and fans.... Did someone from the staff announce a starter? I heard Weinke specifically say that none of the depth chart at QB has been determined yet.
Weinke all but said JG will be the starter. I’m pretty sure he was referring to the #2 and beyond

I won’t win any popularity contests with this remark but if you look at any of HBs highlights you can count several that would’ve been picked off in the SEC because the talent of SEC DBs are equal to the talents of SEC receivers (in most cases). AG and #7 were just so much more talented than Hs secondaries tgat HB benefited greatly. I’ve brought it up before arguing with those that have “talent” and “opportunity” confused with each other.
You don’t have to project the type of throws Maurer got away with in high school that get picked off in the SEC. They were in full display...specially against Mississippi State.

They seemed to have played every week last year on national tv. Watching him live gives a difference in perspective as well but you can look up quite a few full games on you tube. Georgia Hs football is extremely commercialized. Has a lot to do with why so many think Georgia has more talent than Florida/Texas or Cali.
Yeah...Florida HS teams never get on TV. 🤨

Reactions: lexkyvol
They are high school stats and dont mean crap till talent is equal!!!!...almost all his yards were between 3 guys....good for him getting the ball to them.. but did the yards come from great passing???IDK. We saw last season how JJ and MC made JG look better by fighting the way they did...we will see what HB brings
Here is a 20m highlight from the Marietta vs Eastside Catholic game in Dec. Out in Vegas.

Reactions: whodeycin85
You don’t have to project the type of throws Maurer got away with in high school that get picked off in the SEC. They were in full display...specially against Mississippi State.
He made bad decisions. But he pulled the trigger. I'll take that problem a million times over a guy who is hesitant or slow with decision making. You can fix a bad decision. You can't fix a decision that isn't made.

He made bad decisions. But he pulled the trigger. I'll take that problem a million times over a guy who is hesitant or slow with decision making. You can fix a bad decision. You can't fix a decision that isn't made.
How about the ones who hit their talented targets in stride in high school but haven’t taken a snap in college yet? Bet you really hate them!

Here is a 20m highlight from the Marietta vs Eastside Catholic game in Dec. Out in Vegas.

We’ve done this one. Doesn’t count! That was a nationally ranked team...but they were from Washington.

Reactions: FïreBall
Miss state is the ONLY game you can use that argument. Maurers highlights are there for anyone to see if they so choose. They will show him throwing to WRs that were 6ft or shorter that run a 4.9 or slower. Therefore he had to use anticipation and accuracy because those guys weren’t running away from anyone. One thing you won’t see is a habit of throwing into dbl coverage. Trust me..... let’s leave this alone because film don’t lie and we need not compare.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I didn't take it that way. Not that it matters much. They were very optimistic that JG was going to be solid last year too.
Oh it seems all too familiar to me as well. The exact same things were said last year and There was no hint of competition before JP announced JG as the only solidified starter. We can blame it on Covid but I think the majority expected it this way anyway.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Miss state is the ONLY game you can use that argument. Maurers highlights are there for anyone to see if they so choose. They will show him throwing to WRs that were 6ft or shorter that run a 4.9 or slower. Therefore he had to use anticipation and accuracy because those guys weren’t running away from anyone. One thing you won’t see is a habit of throwing into dbl coverage. Trust me..... let’s leave this alone because film don’t lie and we need not compare.
Came in gangbusters against UGA then they figured him out before they hurt him. Missed a lot of targets and many worms were lost that day my friends! It’s always these damn inferior receivers at the next level that won’t allow him to use that anticipation and accuracy which only two starting NFL QBs possess. One thing I’ve learned about you is that you make film your beyotch and it’s useless to the rest of us by the time you’re finished.

Florida Hs football isn’t commercialized like it is in Georgia, Texas and California.
I see more Florida games listed every year than any other...brought to us by Mennen.

VN Store

Back