Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL!! From one SmartA$$ To another on this board I respect you..haha more so than anyone saying thank you....Favorite poster up in this Mfer.

View attachment 304060
giphy.gif

If only there was a was to objectively measure the quality of coaching based off the number of contests they've had and whether or not those contests were successes or failures.

Reactions: bparker
I don't know about clearly..
Have you not watched us play AU lately? Right now Bruce owns rick and has a final four while we barely got to the sweet 16 with one of, if not the most, talented teams in UT b-ball history.

Both a very good coaches but Bruce is a step up from rick. So far. This year and on that could definitely change

Reactions: Govolsman98
I'd give Rick the edge in development and just being a good dude. But Bruce's system is better imo.

Now...Rick's ridiculous recruiting could turn the tables real fast. That "best UT team ever" had 0 top-100 prospects. We are about to have an entire 2-deep roster of those dudes. It's about to go down...

I don't know about clearly..

I agree. Pearl does quirky well. He gets his players to believe. He has unusual teams that do what they do well that are hard to get a handle on at times. Which makes those one off tourney games difficult for opponents.

They both have one FF and their share of wins. I'll take Barnes. Especially with the roster talent he is building. Pearl may be the better in-game coach though. Barnes can counter that if he has an assistant he trusts who is great strategist.

I'd give Rick the edge in development and just being a good dude. But Bruce's system is better imo.

Now...Rick's ridiculous recruiting could turn the tables real fast. That "best UT team ever" had 0 top-100 prospects. We are about to have an entire 2-deep roster of those dudes. It's about to go down...
U mean Dr. Tom Davis' system. I agree completely with u on the last paragraph. Plus, u don't have to worry about Rick's assistant coaches going to prison

Pearl and Barnes are both really good basketball coaches folks. Pearl is the main reason I got into UT basketball, he was exactly what the program needed and his teams were always fun to watch. And to this point, he's the most successful coach we have had. Barnes revived our program through hard work and determination. He's built the program the right way and he has a chance to overtake Pearl as our most successful coach ever. I love them both, yes Pearl has owned Barnes head to head lately and unfortunately in big time games, but if it was gonna be anyone I'm glad it's Pearl. It's impossible for me to hate the dude, he should of never been fired in the first place. But UT is in a pretty damn good position now, and I'm living in the present so let's go Rick F'N Barnes.

Have you not watched us play AU lately? Right now Bruce owns rick and has a final four while we barely got to the sweet 16 with one of, if not the most, talented teams in UT b-ball history.

Both a very good coaches but Bruce is a step up from rick. So far. This year and on that could definitely change

And why were they one of the most talented teams in UT b-ball history? Scouting and coaching perhaps? All those players were 3* recruits (Williams, Schofield, Bone, Alexander, Bowden, Fulky, Turner) . Barnes turned them into one of the best teams. Because he's a great coach. Pearl had more "talent" here and at Auburn. Pearl had one better season at Tennessee than Barnes. I like them both, but Barnes is the better coach IMO.

And why were they one of the most talented teams in UT b-ball history? Scouting and coaching perhaps? All those players were 3* recruits (Williams, Schofield, Bone, Alexander, Bowden, Fulky, Turner) . Barnes turned them into one of the best teams. Because he's a great coach. Pearl had more "talent" here and at Auburn. Pearl had one better season at Tennessee than Barnes. I like them both, but Barnes is the better coach IMO.

Is it the chicken or the egg?

And if we "barely" got to the the Sweet 16, then we "almost" made the Elite 8 after a phantom foul. Pearl should have lost his first round game when they made the FF.

I prefer one of the best teams in UT history, no way near most talented, imo. I, also, prefer, barely missed the Elite 8 on a bullsh!t foul call against Carson Edwards and Purdue

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back